What if ICBM was invincible?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Opulon wrote:

I don't have the SLIGHTEST idea if it's intended or not. Do you want me to ask ?
      If I remember correctly, @Fereyd said, that it should work this way and the game itself does not tell us anything about it anyway, which is kind of bad for players.
      Some of the things new players can't really figure out this easily, even more if us veterans still have no clue about it.

So yes, I think that would be very good to know.
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

What if the ICBM could not be stopped after launch?

In Call of War, the nuclear rocket is the end of the line for the arms race. Once a nuclear rocket launched, it can’t be stopped. The target province will get destroyed. This unit (appears) to be fair and balanced, despite having no counter at all.

What if CoN did the same? Realistically, TDS might be able to stop some warheads from impacting, but there is no hope for stopping whole ICBM payloads. Once a ICBM is launched, the target is going to be destroyed. This would make the ICBM an especially deadly unit given its range and power. Currently, the ICBM is fairly useless; It is tremendously expensive and time consuming for what it offers. Nuclear BMs are usually a better alternative for long range strategic missiles. Would giving the ICBM a major buff like this ruin the balance of the game, or would it make missile warfare more interesting?
      Yeah NUCLEAR ICBM is next to useless. I spent a whole game only upgrading infantry and nuclear ICBM thinking this was the perfect defense plan. Oh my dismay when I got attacked finally and I fired in self defense and it was just shot down. So was each of the 5 I fired which I had saved all game thinking it was OP like they hype it up to be. It's completely garbage and should be buffed somehow. Considering how much damage bombers can do, it makes no sense that bombers do more actual damage than the most powerful nukes, but here we are. New players don't EVER waste your time with Nuclear ICBM you might as well shoot potatoes at the enemy.
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • Kalrakh wrote:

The issue with ICBM is also, they can't be aimed at your own territory and only at center of provinces, so if the opponent keeps advancing it is hard to hit with them by default
      FIre the second they take the providence and count on the splash.

But yeah it's a nuke, should be able to aim anywhere within range.
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

The issue with ICBM is also, they can't be aimed at your own territory and only at center of provinces, so if the opponent keeps advancing it is hard to hit with them by default
      FIre the second they take the providence and count on the splash.
      But yeah it's a nuke, should be able to aim anywhere within range.
      In mountains that is most likely to work, but in the end it depends a lot on the position of the launcher. After all you rarely want that to be right at the border.
    • WalterChang wrote:

I've always assumed the best way to combat ICBMs (or nuclear rockets in CoW) is to attack them at source. Stop them being fired in the first place.

Relentless spy attacks where they build warheads or launchers, Heavy bomber strikes, missile strikes, special forces raids?
      absolutely... If anyone researches Chemical Weapons they move to top of hit list and if anywhere near by Im hitting those cities via ship or plane or spies (but it takes a long time) =. Also put out nice article painting them as future war criminals; encouraging there neighbors to take them out ;)

Last game I was expecting to get nuked and the cost to maybe stop is so high its better just to use those resources and time to build up forces early and fast as possible. If I got hit (think only been ICBM'd once and wasnt that bad) and lose a city no big deal. To minimize build some bunkers which help with my morale that dives if conquer too much/too fast.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

I've always assumed the best way to combat ICBMs (or nuclear rockets in CoW) is to attack them at source. Stop them being fired in the first place.

Relentless spy attacks where they build warheads or launchers, Heavy bomber strikes, missile strikes, special forces raids?
      absolutely... If anyone researches Chemical Weapons they move to top of hit list and if anywhere near by Im hitting those cities via ship or plane or spies (but it takes a long time) =. Also put out nice article painting them as future war criminals; encouraging there neighbors to take them out ;)
      Last game I was expecting to get nuked and the cost to maybe stop is so high its better just to use those resources and time to build up forces early and fast as possible. If I got hit (think only been ICBM'd once and wasnt that bad) and lose a city no big deal. To minimize build some bunkers which help with my morale that dives if conquer too much/too fast.
      I understand this...but I just love to build TDS and wait

1.Till the Nuker recognzezs that he needs los of infrastructre for the nuke
      2.Til he strikes...and waits...and then nothing happens...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.