Why you should (not) play 4x games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tumbler wrote:

I only want to play 4x, I can't do the regular time games. Everything is too slow.

When u realize you need something you haven't researched or built yet and it needs a lvl 4 building u have a shot at starting that tomorrow if u can queue up the buildings. But Waiting 4 days just to get the pre req building up... I can't sit around that long and still care about the game when I come back.
      Maybe you need Ritalin.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Tumbler wrote:

I only want to play 4x, I can't do the regular time games. Everything is too slow.

When u realize you need something you haven't researched or built yet and it needs a lvl 4 building u have a shot at starting that tomorrow if u can queue up the buildings. But Waiting 4 days just to get the pre req building up... I can't sit around that long and still care about the game when I come back.
      simply patience is part of evry strategy game you havent any patience .. and that game is 4x .. isnt help rush for enything some like you that other achive some target ..
      so if you think tzhat this si advantage you are wrong ...
    • Tumbler wrote:

It's quite a good idea to have at least one unit factory of each type (air/land/sea) levelled up, even if you don't need it yet.

This does two things: gives you more flexibility if you suddenly need a new type of unit quickly; makes other players think you've got higher level units, even if you haven't!
    • WalterChang wrote:

Tumbler wrote:

It's quite a good idea to have at least one unit factory of each type (air/land/sea) levelled up, even if you don't need it yet.
      This does two things: gives you more flexibility if you suddenly need a new type of unit quickly; makes other players think you've got higher level units, even if you haven't!
      If you have somehow an abundance of unused resources
    • Kalrakh wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

Tumbler wrote:

It's quite a good idea to have at least one unit factory of each type (air/land/sea) levelled up, even if you don't need it yet.This does two things: gives you more flexibility if you suddenly need a new type of unit quickly; makes other players think you've got higher level units, even if you haven't!
      If you have somehow an abundance of unused resources
      I find it's worth it. Each level up only costs about as much as mobilizing a new unit.
    • well if i go thorugh all the trouble to build a lvl 5 army base i might as well pop out some TDS...its the cheaper option then having the other one to think i have TDS what he can easily find out by spying on me or even worse putting sabotage spy on that city...

looking dangerous is not always good. If i see someone building a lvl 4 port that player ends up on my TODO list...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Cultural differences :D

A lot of good players follow the rule of : "Kill the active first and asap"

Other less experienced are like : "why fight when there's ai"
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Cultural differences :D

A lot of good players follow the rule of : "Kill the active first and asap"

Other less experienced are like : "why fight when there's ai"
      I'm more a who is in my way kinda player.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD