Create coalition - failure error message "Action could not be processed by server"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Create coalition - failure error message "Action could not be processed by server"

I'm accessing the CoN website direct (rather than via Steam), and I'm using the Chrome browser on a WIndows X PC. I've been playing for years but recently I have become unable to create coalitions.

I fill in the details on the creation form, but when I hit the OK button I always get the following failure error message rather than a new coalition: "Action could not be processed by server". The really odd thing is that if I become the owner of a coalition (due to the inactivity of the previous leader) then I can edit the coalition details to be exactly the same as those which failed to create a new coalition from scratch! Even the icon file is the same. Why is the create coalition process failing, when exactly the same details can be edited into an existing coalition, created by another user?

I should add that the rest of this fine game is still working perfectly.

Thank you in advance.