Paid with gold to join, games with no gold in-game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Paid with gold to join, games with no gold in-game

I fully understand that CoN is a business and it has to earn.

Same time I understand players, who feel unfair when some player with a lot of gold defeat them, only cause he used a lot of it.

Good idea would be to make maps, where to join it, you need to pay with gold, but on the map gold is not possible to use anymore.

CoN/Bytro would not lose money, if a price to join such a game would be average (or even slightly higher) money they get from average map, divided by the number of players.

Some players would be happy that they can play without gold. Bytro would earn as always (on average). That would keep in CoN players who dont like others to overuse gold in games, so the community should get stronger, as less people would leave playing CoN, cause of bad experience with heavy gold users.

I see it as win-win situation :thumbsup:
    • Has already been proposed on several occasions but their MO is to not change their business model; and frankly any sort of limitation on gold is already a loss of money for dorado
      people in general dont change how they make money if it'd potentially make them less money lol

also please stop creating so many threads; if you do have multiple suggestions/bug reports/whatever, then put them all in one thread instead of creating a dozen different ones with five words each because that accomplishes nothing beyond filling up the forum
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Seroslav wrote:

I fully understand that CoN is a business and it has to earn.

Same time I understand players, who feel unfair when some player with a lot of gold defeat them, only cause he used a lot of it.

Good idea would be to make maps, where to join it, you need to pay with gold, but on the map gold is not possible to use anymore.

CoN/Bytro would not lose money, if a price to join such a game would be average (or even slightly higher) money they get from average map, divided by the number of players.

Some players would be happy that they can play without gold. Bytro would earn as always (on average). That would keep in CoN players who dont like others to overuse gold in games, so the community should get stronger, as less people would leave playing CoN, cause of bad experience with heavy gold users.

I see it as win-win situation :thumbsup:
      Why you didn't create one thread called ''My suggestions''?
      I won't read 15 threads about suggestions
    • Teburu wrote:

Has already been proposed on several occasions but their MO is to not change their business model; and frankly any sort of limitation on gold is already a loss of money for dorado
      people in general dont change how they make money if it'd potentially make them less money lol
      It's also a way how they lose money, cause people quit playing cause of being beaten in not a fair play by those who overuse gold.

Adding those kind of public games would make them earn more, cause they would earn the same per map, but there would be more players and more maps, cause of less guys quiting to play CoN.

That's why it makes sense both for Bytro and for players, in my opinion.

And if it was proposed on several occasions = many people want it, what is another argument that the idea is valid.

But I'm not the one to push on the idea. If someday I will have enough of time wasted by those who play unfairly with gold, I will just quit playing CoN, like many others already did. If Bytro dont want money from those players, I'm not going to persuade them to take them. No point in making somebody happier if they dont want it.

Hate for those who overuses gold is widely popular and this is good solution for everybody as far as mathematics shows. They cannot use money if they get same money per such map as average for other maps. It's simple as that, but same time makes different for a big bunch of players.
    • Seroslav wrote:

It's also a way how they lose money, cause people quit playing cause of being beaten in not a fair play by those who overuse gold.
      except not really; the people who quit because others use gold aren't the one paying their bills ^^
      if the business model would indeed damage player retention to a point it'd cause less income then you can be sure they'd already be aware of that

Seroslav wrote:

But I'm not the one to push on the idea. If someday I will have enough of time wasted by those who play unfairly with gold, I will just quit playing CoN, like many others already did. If Bytro dont want money from those players, I'm not going to persuade them to take them. No point in making somebody happier if they dont want it.
      as already said, if you quit over other people using gold then you probably arent the one paying their bills
      and really; being heavy on p2w is standard MO of browser/mobile games

Seroslav wrote:

Hate for those who overuses gold is widely popular and this is good solution for everybody as far as mathematics shows. They cannot use money if they get same money per such map as average for other maps. It's simple as that, but same time makes different for a big bunch of players.
      Hate for [insert geneic thing you can spend real money on] is popular in [add generic free to play game]
      and the mathematics are really simpe my dude:
      if it makes more money = implemented
      if it makes less money = not implemented
      if it makes the same money = spend time and resources on 1.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • It's not hate. I wrote that I understand that CoN is a business and need to earn, so dont label it as a hate, when its not the case.

I see problem on one side, I see a need on the other and I propose solution, which should fulfill interests of both.

Teburu wrote:

if it makes more money = implemented
      That what said any random dude, before any new innovation/solution/discovery got implemented and was successful.

If Bytro would try it, it would be made in a right way and still it would be proved wrong, I would believe, but I remember this problem goes back to Call of War and as I guess, was never tried, never implemented.

I talked with enough of players to be 100% sure that there would be some big bunch of them willing to pay to play a map with no gold inside. And I guess the fee would be reasonable if it suppose to be the average income from a map, divided to the number of players joining, really reasonable one.

And I'm sure some few people up there on top of Bytro hierachy make decisions and for 95% they do not read every thread on this forum, but maybe there is 1% of chance or less that somebody will think it a new way, calculate and say "lets give it a try" and hopefully it will work well :) just a romantic vision that it may change one day

If I would be one among those decisive persons, I would give it a try :)