Option to set up a way back for an airplane to the airport, instead of defealt straight line

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• KFGauss wrote:

Z - I was asking about your description of US military strategy - It seemed odd.
      They do have air superiority as their military strategy and they do have very strong air force.

But as I said US is not good example at all for CoN air-ground warfare.
      They were involved in so many wars but after Vietnam all those wars were not a challenge to them. They prepared every single war for a decade and chosen "enemies" didn't have strong army especially airforce and AA.
      It is so obvious except if you learn from Hollywood movies about US warfare.
      Even Vietnam was not nearly equal to the US but had hudge help from allies.
      Which eventually led to defeat for US.
      After that war they never tried to invade strong enough country.

As @Kalrakh said:
      "The so called 'world police' turned into a bully".

Now I don't want to argue about that, it doesn't matter what both of us think about "US world policing".

I just responded to that US air superiority military strategy is good example for game warfare.
      It can only be good example if we compare new userxxx who log in once per day with some very experienced and active player who is almost all the time online and golding a little bit.
      Ofc this experienced user will achieve air dominance in game. Ofc US can achieve air dominance against Irak after decade of economic sanctions and decade long war Irak previously had.

But can the US achieve air superiority over China?
      That would be proper example for game warfare.

Btw we were talking about how strong are planes in CoN, sorry but we are now off topic with this.
    • Yeah - This would definitely be a fun off-topic conversation to continue over beer and pretzels.

Here, I'll just say that I think you are mistaken about a few things, and that's what would make the conversation good.

Thanks for filling me in on what you were thinking when you wrote your earlier post.

KFG

PS: For me, it's fun to occasionally remind myself that (the last time I checked) the second largest air force in the world (and it's a pretty good one) belongs to the US Navy.
    • Back to topic.

What can you do on day 20 in Flashpoint when your opponent has 7-8 full upgraded stacks of 4+1 planes (4 SF + 1 ASF) and 1 full ASF stack?
      What would a player need to defend?
      How manu SAM and ASF to defend?

I am asking this because I just played one Flashpoint map and did this on day 20 with easy. I even had 5 helicopters and 4-5 towed, many TD, lot of recons and enough infantry. Ofc lvl 5 hospital and on day 20 had 8 cruise missiles, on day 21, had 20+ more. Even had about 4-5 SAM.

I mean I know it happened because I was aggressive from day one and others were...Well highest ranked lvl25 became AI unfortunately. I killed other threats so... boring game.

But really it was threatening to see my 7-8 full airplane stacks max upgraded. More than 40 mixed planes max upgraded.

So now I am thinking wtf do you need to defend from this on day 20?
      Is it not a little bit OP? :rolleyes:
    • Zemunelo wrote:

Btw, US military strategy is to attack ONLY weaker countries. And only after years of economic sanctions. They will not attack a country that can retaliate with significant force especially with strong AA. No chance!
      That's why they easily achieve air dominance.
      They're not good example.
      Better example is Israel - Arab war when Israel achieved air victory and won the war. One of those wars when they were similarly strong.
      I agree air dominance is key.

Zemunelo wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Z - I was asking about your description of US military strategy - It seemed odd.
      They do have air superiority as their military strategy and they do have very strong air force.
      But as I said US is not good example at all for CoN air-ground warfare.
      They were involved in so many wars but after Vietnam all those wars were not a challenge to them. They prepared every single war for a decade and chosen "enemies" didn't have strong army especially airforce and AA.
      It is so obvious except if you learn from Hollywood movies about US warfare.
      Even Vietnam was not nearly equal to the US but had hudge help from allies.
      Which eventually led to defeat for US.
      After that war they never tried to invade strong enough country.

As @Kalrakh said:
      "The so called 'world police' turned into a bully".

Now I don't want to argue about that, it doesn't matter what both of us think about "US world policing".

I just responded to that US air superiority military strategy is good example for game warfare.
      It can only be good example if we compare new userxxx who log in once per day with some very experienced and active player who is almost all the time online and golding a little bit.
      Ofc this experienced user will achieve air dominance in game. Ofc US can achieve air dominance against Irak after decade of economic sanctions and decade long war Irak previously had.

But can the US achieve air superiority over China?
      That would be proper example for game warfare.

Btw we were talking about how strong are planes in CoN, sorry but we are now off topic with this.
      You guys are talking more about bad presidential foreign policy than US Military doctrine. Unfortunately, as can easily be seen today, America (and indeed much of the world) has been infiltrated by corrupt globalists who have other agendas than executing proper military strategy in a effective and efficient manner with a true aim at world peace. Israel is successful only because it is allowed or wanted by the “powers that be” to be successful.

That said, IF America was properly lead and supported internally, America could easily wreck havoc on any nation, including Russia and China simultaneously, without missing a beat. China seems powerful but only because of sold or stolen US technology (bad US policy). But even so, in terms of technology, economy, training, and intelligence, America has the edge. It’s just a matter of who pulls the strings.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

Back to topic.

What can you do on day 20 in Flashpoint when your opponent has 7-8 full upgraded stacks of 4+1 planes (4 SF + 1 ASF) and 1 full ASF stack?

I am asking this because I just played one Flashpoint map and did this on day 20 with easy. I even had 5 helicopters and 4-5 towed, many TD, lot of recons and enough infantry. Ofc lvl 5 hospital and on day 20 had 8 cruise missiles, on day 21, had 20+ more. Even had about 4-5 SAM.

I mean I know it happened because I was aggressive from day one and others were...Well highest ranked lvl25 became AI unfortunately. I killed other threats so... boring game.

But really it was threatening to see my 7-8 full airplane stacks max upgraded. More than 40 mixed planes max upgraded.

So now I am thinking wtf do you need to defend from this on day 20?
      Is it not a little bit OP? :rolleyes:
      hmm. If you were playing in europe and i was in usa, i have plenty of ways to stop ypu. Frigates plus navy and you are shut out...
      However, if im playing uk, then ill need a LOT of frigs to setup a no fly zone. Uk has too many paths in. And ill need 10 sams in every city.
      I sometimes go only asf. I wonder what would happen if i had 30 asf max vs your 30 sf and 10 asf :rolleyes:
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • WalterChang wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

three or four stacks of ASFs?
      I one up you: Mixed stacks with NASF, SASF and Fixed Wing Officer :)

In a fight with maxed out ASF, even SF get a very bloody nose, 6 damage against aircrafts is nothing if ASF attack with 18+

Of course also some SAMs or Frigs to protect the airports
    • It was rhetorical question. I know you can build defence.

But no you can't have NASF, SASF and Fixed Wing Officer, some SAM and frigates on day 20 in Flashpoint map and enough ground units to avoid being overrun by newbie players who build only armored units in numbers.

Also there are several countries that are completely or almost landlocked. They will not build frigates (or can't).

I just think airforce even fragile is a little bit OP. Early to mid game.
      Imo mostly because SF can devastate cities.
      They should not be able to do it so easily. That should be a job for long range bombers.

Remember, you can attack 2x per day with minimal losses because you can heal quickly.
    • I did not say SAM and Frigs :)

How ever ASF can fuck up the typical noob player tank commando quite easily, though

Zemunelo wrote:

Are you trying to tell us, you had: 28-32 SF, 12-13 ASF, 5 chopper, 4-5 TA, several TD, recon and Infantry, level 5 hospital, 4-5 SAMs and Cruise Missile researched on Day 20 without any use of gold?

That is really doubtful and even more if you then want to tell us, that somebody else could not achieve ASF, NASF, FWO, SAMs and some ground forces in the same time frame.
    • WalterChang wrote:

I once killed 3 whole stacks of L6 SFs with 1 stack (one!) of L4 ASFs, plus a couple of spares for rotation. I only lost 1 unit.

If anything, I think SFs are a bit weaker than they could be. And I definitely don't think airforce is overpowered just because you can annihilate unprotected tank/infantry stacks with them.
      i once saw an enemy who was 3500 km away from my country. He stacked 26 maxed bombers and sent them to my capital. When my sams hit it, it made the stack stronger. Lol.

Ok, back on topic, SFs are the public game meta. Add an air officer l4 or higher and its even more op... however if you have resources a few asf is good with it. Sf is more important than asf in public.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • Kalrakh wrote:

I did not say SAM and Frigs :)

How ever ASF can fuck up the typical noob player tank commando quite easily, though

Zemunelo wrote:

Are you trying to tell us, you had: 28-32 SF, 12-13 ASF, 5 chopper, 4-5 TA, several TD, recon and Infantry, level 5 hospital, 4-5 SAMs and Cruise Missile researched on Day 20 without any use of gold?
      That is really doubtful and even more if you then want to tell us, that somebody else could not achieve ASF, NASF, FWO, SAMs and some ground forces in the same time frame.
      Why would I use gold when nobody was a threat to me?
      It was Flashpoint and highest player dropped 3rd or 4th day. Others were fighting between each other. It was even fun to watch them fighting. I was very aggressive every day. Had so many resources after first 6-7 days.

I have chosen that particular map because several non usexxx players were in game. Maybe even half were not userxxx. I thought it could be fun game. But nope.
      Game finished after 21 day. So not 20 but full 21 day.
      I really had all those units about 40+ planes and at the end a lot missiles.
      3 cities dedicated to airforce. Usually 2+1 (SF/ASF) build.
      Lost 2 helicopters (btw gunships). Lost 2 towed because sent them to attack AI stack while I was sleeping.
      And 1 SF because didn't pay attention at all.
      Lost that against AI 8o

Obviously if I had real opponents I would build even more planes, not a single gunship. And more ASF overall.

Hope they will create LvL requirement for Flashpoint map one day.

Btw I really don't like this unknown insurgent time. Once I had it at about 08.00h in game time.
    • @Kalrakh : I took a look.

1°) He overstated just a little bit the numbers. Also, beside Strike Fighters and ASF, everything is low tech. No gold. But the build could be more honestly summarised as "75% Airforce, and because i could reach 80 cities in a flashpoint before day 15, i had a high Rare material output to do other things".
      2°) It's a flashpoint. Do i have to tell more about how quickly he expanded ?
      3°) The only player i can see on the map that expanded a bit before dying was a rank 10, and his build was motorised inf + combat recon. I wonder if it wasn't a lucky AI.

So, Zemunelo tells the truth (and without gold). It's just that it's a flashpoint. They are meant to have this output, as the map is dedicated to be the map where new accounts are sent forcefully (so, no map requirements will EVER be put for them).

This said, Zemunelo, you could appreciate more to play a bit less flashpoints. You have killed 600 active units, while you killed 2200 AI units (78% of the time, when you kill something, it's an AI). I know that by all means, Public Games are not engaging or active, but to take a look at Kalrakh, he killed 8k active units, and 6k AI units. On my side, i've killed 5k active units, and 2k AI units).

You've killed more AI units in your 7 games, than i did in my 39.

It tells a lot about flashpoints, and maybe you should consider doing a bit more WW3 or events ^^
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

@Kalrakh : I took a look.

1°) He overstated just a little bit the numbers. Also, beside Strike Fighters and ASF, everything is low tech. No gold. But the build could be more honestly summarised as "75% Airforce, and because i could reach 80 cities in a flashpoint before day 15, i had a high Rare material output to do other things".
      2°) It's a flashpoint. Do i have to tell more about how quickly he expanded ?
      3°) The only player i can see on the map that expanded a bit before dying was a rank 10, and his build was motorised inf + combat recon. I wonder if it wasn't a lucky AI.

So, Zemunelo tells the truth (and without gold). It's just that it's a flashpoint. They are meant to have this output, as the map is dedicated to be the map where new accounts are sent forcefully (so, no map requirements will EVER be put for them).

This said, Zemunelo, you could appreciate more to play a bit less flashpoints. You have killed 600 active units, while you killed 2200 AI units (78% of the time, when you kill something, it's an AI). I know that by all means, Public Games are not engaging or active, but to take a look at Kalrakh, he killed 8k active units, and 6k AI units. On my side, i've killed 5k active units, and 2k AI units).

You've killed more AI units in your 7 games, than i did in my 39.

It tells a lot about flashpoints, and maybe you should consider doing a bit more WW3 or events ^^
      I see. Never really thought about it, but world maps always give a more scarce feeling, even more certain special world maps. :)

But that makes me refer two second arguement:
      "That is really doubtful and even more if you then want to tell us, that somebody else could not achieve ASF, NASF, FWO, SAMs and some ground forces in the same time frame."

Zemunelo wrote:

But no you can't have NASF, SASF and Fixed Wing Officer, some SAM and frigates on day 20 in Flashpoint map and enough ground units to avoid being overrun by newbie players who build only armored units in numbers.
      If you can have such an army, somebody else could in theory have an equal army too. Maybe more focused on ground forces instead of going for strikers, who knows.

I won FPs with only Air Superiority Mix and some ships, only Mot Inf and Recon as ground troops. It was not fast and kind of painful, but still easily doable... FP after all :)
    • Well, in the theory of a equal army, it's obvious that it would be hard countered hopelessly by a regular build with SAM inside it. However, it would be a bit unfair to assume that Zemunelo would have spammed so much airforce if he knew he had a competent opponent somewhere on the map.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • ewac123 wrote:

Ok, back on topic, SFs are the public game meta. Add an air officer l4 or higher and its even more op... however if you have resources a few asf is good with it. Sf is more important than asf in public.
      It is precisely because SFs are so common in public games that I always build lots of ASFs.

Having SFs of my own doesn't seem particularly important to me, because once I have destroyed the enemy airforce (ASFs make pretty short work of SFs), I can then attack them with whatever I want. (Generally helicopters and artillery.)
    • WalterChang wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

It is precisely because SFs are so common in public games that I always build lots of ASFs.
      Having SFs of my own doesn't seem particularly important to me, because once I have destroyed the enemy airforce (ASFs make pretty short work of SFs), I can then attack them with whatever I want. (Generally helicopters and artillery.)
      No. On a 64p world map, no one wants to kill themselves making airfields every 400 km. No one likes micro managing arty unless theyve got a bit too much time on their hands.
      SF spam with a few asf is much better.
      And a few arty just in case
    • ewac123 wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

ewac123 wrote:

It is precisely because SFs are so common in public games that I always build lots of ASFs.Having SFs of my own doesn't seem particularly important to me, because once I have destroyed the enemy airforce (ASFs make pretty short work of SFs), I can then attack them with whatever I want. (Generally helicopters and artillery.)
      No. On a 64p world map, no one wants to kill themselves making airfields every 400 km. No one likes micro managing arty unless theyve got a bit too much time on their hands.SF spam with a few asf is much better.
      And a few arty just in case
      I never really built SF, so I guess, I am no one. I also love eating SF players for breakfeast. :thumbsup:

How ever can't remember, when the last time was, I met one. Most players are either corpses anyway or spam only infantry and armor. ;(

My most recent opponent had TD, MAAV and NGs, I had my mixed stack air superiority and a lot of motorized, he still did not really put up a fight. :thumbdown: