changes to the game that I feel should be implemented

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• changes to the game that I feel should be implemented

I'm a rank 57, KD 3.8, winrate 40% player, so I know what I'm talking about here. I've played this game since the start of 2020, and here are my opinions on how to improve the game.

take my suggestions with a grain of salt, I might be slightly biased (especially for stealth aircraft as I love using them) but overall I think these suggestions would generally improve gamplay.

1) allow us to turn off engaging units for patrolling aircraft/choose what units we want to engage on patrol (sometimes we just want our aircraft especially stealth aircraft to spy and give us information not to fight)

2) put a harbour on that germany/denmark island (dont want to make naval infantry just to capture that every game)

3) let units travel at a speed slower than its maximum (units of different speeds can travel in formation, esp. when formation is made up of units from different countries so u can't stack them together). for example frigates travel at speed of 4, while cruisers travel at a speed of 4.5 but are from different nations, but by allowing units to travel at a speed slower than their maximum the cruisers and frigates can stay in formation although they are from different nations

4) give fixed wing officer reveal stealth aircraft perk at max level (strange that it has stealth just like stealth air superiority fighter but cannot reveal stealth for aircraft)

5) for pc don't auto deselect units when splitting them, keep them selected after issuing a movement order to the unit(s) that you selected (this is especially annoying when on pc we are splitting infantry from stacks of 10 to capture enemy provinces)

6) give certain naval units low radar signature, higher level units = low radar signature (at the moment in the game there is no unit with low radar signature, I feel like this should be a feature implemented)

7) certain level subs should only be detectable by certain level sonar units (some old cold war tech shouldn't be able to detect a Virginia class submarine)

7) allow us to choose whether you want to automatically declare war on people coalition members are at war against (for example one coalition member has warships defending another coalition member's coast, the coalition member without warships gets attacked by a foreign nation the warships will automatically engage the attacking units, at the moment this has to be manually done). players should also be able to choose whether they want to turn this feature on or off to prevent trolling etc.

9) stealth ASF and stealth SF level 2 where they become stealthier (better anti-stealth required to detect) and also carrier based (which would probably increase the use rate of carriers) -maybe to balance make its research very expensive like 7k rm or sth like that

10) u can choose whether u want to auto declare war when foreign naval units enter waters indicated by a player (works well with suggestion [8], foreign units don't have to disembark in order to declare war, once they enter the zone indicated by the player war is automatically declared, causing other coalition members to declare war, and the defending warships automatically engage)

11) allow us to turn on/off radar for stealth aircraft, but turning on radar would cause stealth aircraft to lose stealth capability.

12) missiles should show time taken to travel from 1 place to another when we are preparing it to launch (makes AA bait a lot easier)

13) give us a rangefinder in-game (good for everyone overall, makes planning stuff a lot easier)
    • Teburu wrote:

While i normally would agree with most of that, I'll have to disagree on principle with everything you said because "I'm [insert stats] so i know what im talking about" is a really silly way to try and give credit to what you're saying
      I'm ranked 33,216; I'm a Sargent Major (32); and I'm undefeated (7 completed games :whistling: ). So I know that Teburu knows what he's talking about. :saint:

And I too like most of those suggestions.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• Orion401 wrote:

2) put a harbour on that germany/denmark island (dont want to make naval infantry just to capture that every game)

6) give certain naval units low radar signature, higher level units = low radar signature (at the moment in the game there is no unit with low radar signature, I feel like this should be a feature implemented)

10) u can choose whether u want to auto declare war when foreign naval units enter waters indicated by a player (works well with suggestion [8], foreign units don't have to disembark in order to declare war, once they enter the zone indicated by the player war is automatically declared, causing other coalition members to declare war, and the defending warships automatically engage)

12) missiles should show time taken to travel from 1 place to another when we are preparing it to launch (makes AA bait a lot easier)

13) give us a rangefinder in-game (good for everyone overall, makes planning stuff a lot easier)
      I like those.

Ad. 6, I guess there could be added some fast boats troop, like pontoon, which would be much worse in stats than corvette but with better stats than transport ship, not needing research or really fast one, possible to produce at every harbour (naval base level 1) at the start of the game. Such a unit could have small radar signature. I guess it would be ok if two or three of such basic weak units could destroy one corvette.

Ad. 10 that would probably need adding coastal provinces, which would belong to land provinces, like it's in real life. Then only it would be possible to diverse waters belonging to a player from the others. That sounds as probably good idea for the game, but it's a big change, and as such probably wont be that easy to implement.

Now all waters are kind of international routes.
    • Orion401 wrote:

I'm a rank 57, KD 3.8, winrate 40% player, so I know what I'm talking about here. I've played this game since the start of 2020, and here are my opinions on how to improve the game.

take my suggestions with a grain of salt, I might be slightly biased (especially for stealth aircraft as I love using them) but overall I think these suggestions would generally improve gamplay.

1) allow us to turn off engaging units for patrolling aircraft/choose what units we want to engage on patrol (sometimes we just want our aircraft especially stealth aircraft to spy and give us information not to fight)

YES

YES

3) let units travel at a speed slower than its maximum (units of different speeds can travel in formation, esp. when formation is made up of units from different countries so u can't stack them together). for example frigates travel at speed of 4, while cruisers travel at a speed of 4.5 but are from different nations, but by allowing units to travel at a speed slower than their maximum the cruisers and frigates can stay in formation although they are from different nations

NO, you don't know what you are talking about here. Maybe you would have some more credibility if you had a 3.95 K/D

4) give fixed wing officer reveal stealth aircraft perk at max level (strange that it has stealth just like stealth air superiority fighter but cannot reveal stealth for aircraft)

Meh, probably designed this way to prevent stacking with 4 SSF and getting the SASF benefit - a wash

5) for pc don't auto deselect units when splitting them, keep them selected after issuing a movement order to the unit(s) that you selected (this is especially annoying when on pc we are splitting infantry from stacks of 10 to capture enemy provinces)

NO, but if you were rank 62, I'd consider you might have a point

Wow, like no one has suggested this a billion times

7) certain level subs should only be detectable by certain level sonar units (some old cold war tech shouldn't be able to detect a Virginia class submarine)

NO, if you only had a 45% win rate, then we could talk on this.

7) allow us to choose whether you want to automatically declare war on people coalition members are at war against (for example one coalition member has warships defending another coalition member's coast, the coalition member without warships gets attacked by a foreign nation the warships will automatically engage the attacking units, at the moment this has to be manually done). players should also be able to choose whether they want to turn this feature on or off to prevent trolling etc.

No, I control my country, I don't want no computerized minister of war declaring for me, but you'd have realized this if you had been playing a year longer than just 2020

9) stealth ASF and stealth SF level 2 where they become stealthier (better anti-stealth required to detect) and also carrier based (which would probably increase the use rate of carriers) -maybe to balance make its research very expensive like 7k rm or sth like that

NO, because Teburu doubts your credibility

OK, that would be nice, but defining the "zone" would likely be a major code issue

11) allow us to turn on/off radar for stealth aircraft, but turning on radar would cause stealth aircraft to lose stealth capability.

NO, because KFC doubts your credibility

See reply to #6

See reply to #6

*** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD