Problem of games not filling up

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Problem of games not filling up

Many many games, dont fill up, stopping at some 62/64 or 63/64 or similar.

One problem is that some countries are too weak to play them. Example is North Korea and South Korea, where both have 4 cities only, when having neighbours of China with 9 cities or Japan with 7 cities.

I guess 1) Dorado should make and analyze of which countries are taken as last or most ofter are not choosed at all.

And after that, having a list of few, think of 2) boosting them up to make them a more attractive choice.

In my opinion 4-city countries should not exist on such map, where everybody else have more of them.

3) Second is maybe highlight the countries which are to be taken last, if it's 5 or less of them, already on the view of new games, before somebody joins.

Probably many players just dont click just games to check, presupposing that those are this kind of weak choices left.

If a player sees... 'ok X is to take', this can make him think 'this is quite good choice for me, I join'.

Its very very often, typical I would say, that some 1 or 2 spots are left empty.. cause those countries su** most probably. So the problem is inbalance on the map, which would be good to be changed.

I guess both Koreas should be at least 5 cities, or South Korea even 6, as it's much more strong economically.
    • I can understand the original poster's point, but I prefer that the World War III map does have countries like North and South Korea. There are other maps where the nations are more equally balanced. I've played hundreds of games, and I bet in the last 100 or so, North Korea is probably one of the countries I currently choose the most often. I've even created alternative accounts JUST to play as North Korea. Early in my playing days, after I figured out that defensive play is powerful and extremely underused in this game, I played game after game as North Korea because I knew it would help me learn how to better defend in the early game.

So, are countries like North Korea and South Korea on the WWIII maps almost always the ones no one chooses or actively plays? Yes. Personally, though, I prefer having them on the map to not having them. They serve a different purpose than being popular or strong. There are other maps with better overall nation balance, and some people prefer to try playing from a disadvantage sometimes.
    • The countries with less cities and provinces are fine in my opinion.

It gives experienced players more of a challenge. It isn't just countries with few cities that can be challenging to play as, but also countries that are huge and surrounded by many countries who will most likely want a piece of them.

I also do not have an issue with servers not filling up as a whole. Yes players tend to abandon the game because they have short attention spans, but the harder countries to play as either get picked by new players who do not know how to play, or very experienced ones.
    • The problem is not that there are shithole countries that players refuse to take...The problem is that players join...see they have picked a shithole country and get inactive...

There shoudl be some kind of preview when you take a country...like 5 min and if you dont liek it you leave and the place is free for an other (but you cant do any activiteis (to prevent cheating like sending alle units to the water and then takign the neighbour country).
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • There also problem with how they spawn the game
      There will be 10 game that all need to be filled or expired in order to spawn another set of 10 game

Let say rising tide
      9 game are full
      1 game 95/100 and won’t full because no one join
      that game will hold 10 free game hostage until it full

i point out this once that they should reduce the number of the set
      sadly it still 10 so good luck lol
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • you are right with this one...When i start a new game its takes me approx. 1-2 hours to wait and refresh for a new map...I dont like entering on a new map on day 1 that might be running since >6h. and half of the land could be taken already.
      Happened to me twice already...

As i said: no preview on the state of the country.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • i can not confirm this. The last 10 spots never fill up fast. I have seen games last 30 min till 1 hour around german midday time. Only when the game enter the queue for new Game Button. Then it fills super fast because every player who wants to start a new game regardless of what it is enters though this Link.