Upgrading Fuel cities - purpose?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Upgrading Fuel cities - purpose?

Something that has been bugging me is what's the purpose of upgrading your industries in fuel cities?

I''ve never upgraded a fuel city beyond industry 1 yet my forces have circumvented and conquered the earth with no issue.

What advantage does increasing your fuel production do when its the one resource that never seems to run out? Production always exceeds consumption. So why do people do it?
    • Tom_Cruise wrote:

Something that has been bugging me is what's the purpose of upgrading your industries in fuel cities?

I''ve never upgraded a fuel city beyond industry 1 yet my forces have circumvented and conquered the earth with no issue.

What advantage does increasing your fuel production do when its the one resource that never seems to run out? Production always exceeds consumption. So why do people do it?
      Then obviously you haven't built massive armies faster than you expanded, congrats, I can't say the same is true for me all the time. I mean mostly it is, and I'm filling up swimming pools with fuel by end game, but I've had a few where fuel was tight due to massive armies all in motion.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • If you for example build a lot of air fields and air ports or building like high level army bases, you will need a lot of fuel.

There are normally 2 times, where fuel might be scarce: early days when you build the basis for your production facilities, dann mid to late game when you switch from pure army production to also evolving your economy

Though most players tend to never switch to last part, only relying on expansion to cover the rising needs of their forces.
      Which might prove to be a not as reliable tactic as soon a map is not riddled with the corpses of countless inactive noname players.

Thinking about it, it might also be caused by the high attrition rates of the typical player. If you lose troops all the time, your upkeep will never drain your silos of course, because it hardly grows from the start.