New Map / Scenario suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tumbler wrote:

Players can build the buildings... I'm not sure what your point is.

Research is a big issue because many techs take the same amount of time to research despite being no where near as effective in combat.

Uav's for example. I would like to use them but I cannot afford to devote the time to research it when I can research tier 2 infantry instead. Or destroyers, or tanks or tier 3 infantry of strike fighters or tier 4 infantry or tier 2 tanks or tier 2 destroyers or tier 1 frigates or tier 5 infantry.

• And once I hit the higher levels of these units it still doesn't make sense to devote resources to other stuff because I need to produce as many of the researched units as possible because they are still the best use of time and resources.

I think there is a bigger issue with research in general and the time it takes to get less expensive tech vs more expensive.

Tanks for example.
      1800/2000/2900 1d8h
      Vs
      Antitank
      1500/1750/2000 1d1h

This is not a tough decision, you will be able to use tanks in a wide variety of combat, the anti tank unit will face a lot of infantry on the battle field and if your lucky u might run into a tank...

Research time is too important to focus on units with one specific purpose. If the costs of these research techs are accurate then the time to research should be based on that cost and from a game play stand point we need to look at what things cost and make sure there is a reason to use each tech.

You'd have better results just building tanks to counter other tanks because then u have a unit that can do a lot more besides just fight tanks.
      The tank/anti-tank generalization is simply wrong. They fill different roles. While one is a weapon to attack everything, the other one is cheaper, more mobile, and a better defensive unit.
    • The tank/anti-tank generalization is simply wrong. They fill different roles. While one is a weapon to attack everything, the other one is cheaper, more mobile, and a better defensive unit.

There is no point to defense in this game. At best you should keep a few infantry/national guard in your homeland cities just in case someone gets through but the only way to play this game is constant attack. You cannot stay competitive by simply building up your territory, you have to expand or you lose... So opportunities to use a defensive unit are going to be few and far between. You're far more likely to see conflict between cities and in open areas moving your forces into enemy territory.
    • Hmm... Can't say i disagree, but i can see a few contexts, especially against actually good opponents,where this could be invalidated. But well, as often in the general case, can't argue.

Actually thinking to defense (both soft and hard) actually requires an opponent that is able to comprehend the concepts of back hand blows, attacks in the attack, and deep battle ideas ^^

Let's just say that yes, you can't play tall in CoN, and you can't play "defensive". However, there can be a lot of reasons (or contexts) for Defense to be a core priority of specific battle or large operations.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Anti-tanks are by far the better choice... even as an offensive weapon...
      The terrain bonus for tank destroyers is in cities and suburbs... which are both abundant on the map... furthermore, cities are the territorial objectives for VP/resources.

I can't tell you how many times I've simply passed by a tank stack with TD to take a city... only then to defend that city from the tank stack while I have entrenchment and the terrain boost.
      Just because you're invading, or on the offensive, doesn't mean that defensive positions don't come into play...and that goes for any unit.

TD allow for quicker expansion.
      They are cheaper so you can build more and build them faster.
      In recently conquered cities, a single TD reduces the chance of insurgency to 0% in almost all cases.
      A T2 TD can airlift, allowing you to get your armor to the front in hours, not days... allowing you to continue the advance.
      The air-assault ability allows you to rapidly respond to any situation by grouping a stack of them, dropping them where you need them, and then spreading them back out to hold conquered cities.

If you compensate the TD's weak damage against infantry by building gunships/towed artillery (both cheap early options) you can enjoy a balanced and
      powerful combo.

Tanks are too expensive, too slow, have too many negative terrain stats, and lack the critical air assault capability.
    • Defending in this game give a lot of advantage
      it becomes the art itself to attacking someone while defending

drive up to their face in their city, stop
      bait them to come out, if they did
      lmao they now lose entrenchment and defending stand
      and now im the defending side with extra damage from being the defender

Defending is not necessary homeland only
      it extended to anywhere and specially if you have arti and aircraft being thr main damage dealer
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • GeneralLangmoen wrote:

Tumbler wrote:

Tanks for example.
      1800/2000/2900 1d8h
      Vs
      Antitank
      1500/1750/2000 1d1h

This is not a tough decision, you will be able to use tanks in a wide variety of combat, the anti tank unit will face a lot of infantry on the battle field and if your lucky u might run into a tank...
      The tank/anti-tank generalization is simply wrong. They fill different roles. While one is a weapon to attack everything, the other one is cheaper, more mobile, and a better defensive unit.
      I consider TD good anti-infantry offensive unit, actually.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player