Corvette Lvl6 Radar Signature should be Low

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• KFGauss wrote:

There's a fundamental question that you are assuming has already been answered, and that fundamental question is "Should every unit type be useful through an entire game, or when a game is played by average-competence players is it OK that some units become less useful the longer that game lasts."

You appear to be assuming that the answer is "No - Units must remain useful for the full duration of a game."

However, I think the developers' answer might be, "Yes - Some units become less and less useful as an instance of the game progresses."

It's OK for Corvettes to become less useful, even at high tech levels, is a long-running game.

KFG
      Following this game design philosophy, at what point of the game the Naval Awacs is useful ?

Beware, trick question (this isn't serious :D )
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • WalterChang wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

If something isn't working well, and if it hasn't worked well (hasn't meshed well with the rest of the game's units) for a few years. It's time to put all options on the table.
      Yeah, but removing it would be a shame. It's a legitimate part of the game's unit mix - it just needs a bit of a tweak to bring it more into the fold.
      They're a bit like Recons, I think. They're good early on, but they don't really offer much later on that you can't get from other units, and their upgrades don't really improve them for what you use them for.

If you take the Corvette's main function to be a coastal defence ship that costs Supplies instead of Components to produce, then it could fill a niche role and be worth upgrading. But I think that'd need some improvements to its radar and sonar detection range as it goes up the levels, so you can use it as a spotter. The Low radar signature would also help, as would perhaps a small buff to it's AA capability (maybe give it some range?). It doesn't need to be able to compete with larger ships in surface-to-surface combat.
      I agree. And maybe add some speed to it so that it can escape other ships and chase down transports
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • If it got good stealth at lvl 4 and cruise missiles at 6 it could be similar to a spec forces unit for navy. U could send it out ahead to spot units Basically and pop a cruise missile in late game if it makes sense.

One thing that is always an issue in naval contacts is combat typically starts out of visual range so this unit could sneak forward and spot and then u could see what lvl they are and dmg they take.

I think naval stealth is detected by subs so a sub would still spot it? But most surface vessels wouldn't?

Alternatively :
      It could increase damage and reduce range as it gets lvld up. No other changes. Have a range of 25 with a damage of 20 similar to a cruiser. (at max lvl)

You would get your ships into range to have all the enemy ships to engage fleet 1 then fleet 2 of just corvettes would move in and be able to strike during that 1 hour cool down for firing.

Basically it's firing a spread of torps at close range.
    • You miss the important fact. The corvette is made of supply...no components needed. and this it where the value is for me...

Its a cheap start unit...i dont build it after day 5-6...it basically stand around, outdated by beter surface vessels. But its OK. It does the job ob early defense and lets call it patrol the coast and catch soem nasty fish.

The best thing the devs could do is have different units for each phase of the game. this way you have to invest more. If you have one units that best in each phase then there is no need to diversify.

And my stock teacher always said: There is no need to hedge if you are well diversified.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Maybe some of you just dont know the advantages of corvettes?

Corvette has a sonar and frigate does not. So hitting frigate with submarines in hit&run matter is great tactic and it works.

I just had a game I did it, destroying stack of 4 frigates with zero damage to my submarines.

But what came next...?

Corvettes :) but not alone.

Guy made a fleet of two corvetter and 4 frigates and this time this stack was devastating for my lone submarines, as with corvette in stack, submarines did see sumbarines at the range of 75 and could hit them, while my subs had range of 50, so I had to run&hide instead of hit&run, with them.

So corvette is not always useless. It also good to bomb cities and destroy buildings or troops, even if it makes little damage, it still can stop production of troops and if you have more of them, the damage is not that low anymore.
    • Seroslav wrote:

Maybe some of you just dont know the advantages of corvettes?

Corvette has a sonar and frigate does not. So hitting frigate with submarines in hit&run matter is great tactic and it works.

I just had a game I did it, destroying stack of 4 frigates with zero damage to my submarines.

But what came next...?

Corvettes :) but not alone.

Guy made a fleet of two corvetter and 4 frigates and this time this stack was devastating for my lone submarines, as with corvette in stack, submarines did see sumbarines at the range of 75 and could hit them, while my subs had range of 50, so I had to run&hide instead of hit&run, with them.

So corvette is not always useless. It also good to bomb cities and destroy buildings or troops, even if it makes little damage, it still can stop production of troops and if you have more of them, the damage is not that low anymore.
      The point is, they don't get significantly better at doing any of that stuff you describe when you level them up - so you might as well just leave them at Level 1. It would be nice if Corvettes had something useful to progress towards through the research levels.
    • They get get various additional features just similarly as other troops, they get better stats too.

The reason why they are so weak is in use of supplies to build them. If they are stronger, late during game, when players use much more of component for land or air troops, would mainly produce strong corvettes (if they would be boosted) and that lowers the need to make choices what to produce as you do not have enough resources to build everything.

That's why I would keep corvettes as they are. If they would get stronger, then they should be using components instead of supplies, not to unbalance the other ships kinds.

They are still good to use in stacks cause if you have 4 types of ships there instead of 3, it's harder to kill the stack. One thing maybe worth changing, would be more or HP in late stages, but I would say 10-20% increase, not more. It's suppose to be early production early use, cheap and weak ship, not something to fight same well as other ships.
    • “making it stronger will unbalanced other”
      this is showing how closed you are when come to how you balancing unit. it is up to your creativity and options available to pull out the buff that make corvette do their work better while not interrupting other ship role and also, dude we asked for a buff because other ship unbalanced corvette.

- “stacking corvette with other ship”
      : u are asking them to be killed, corvette will slow down the whole stack and leave them valuable to be hit and run.

- “one of corvette upside is sonar”
      : yes, it is to punish submarine that dear to get close the coastal warer, other wise, corvette can’t even chase them in deep water even using rush.

- “it is using supply so it should be weak”
      : Mrls ? it too using supply and being top of meta and it only cost 300 more supply. spending 1950 supply on a ship that can’t fight anything that shoot it back is extremely cost inefficient.

Corvette already balanced to be best at coastal and shit ass at deep water. slow ass speed and half HP.

why corvette suck at their job when against other?
      : it instantly get yeeted with their low ass HP and can’t fight back because their low attack range

Why low signature is best form of buff to corvette?
      : it allow corvettes to hit enemy fleet without getting hit back while there is still a risk of getting too close and getting rush to
      conjunction with its speed, will make it very easy to get rush to in deep sea and able to get away when in coastal. hint that it is better at coast guard but did not invading other ship advantage space.
      while having low damage and low HP, it did not harshly punishing enemy that bring naval fleet into coastal. just more encouraging to stay a bit farther. and still can smash corvette in one hit if corvette did a mistake. and this will open more opportunity to ASW heli, NPA, submarine and Naval AWACS be using all of them can detect low naval signature.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD

The post was edited 1 time, last by playbabe ().

• playbabe wrote:

“making it stronger will unbalanced other”
      this is showing how closed you are when come to how you balancing unit. it is up to your creativity and options available to pull out the buff that make corvette do their work better while not interrupting other ship role and also, dude we asked for a buff because other ship unbalanced corvette.

- “stacking corvette with other ship”
      : u are asking them to be killed, corvette will slow down the whole stack and leave them valuable to be hit and run.

- “one of corvette upside is sonar”
      : yes, it is to punish submarine that dear to get close the coastal warer, other wise, corvette can’t even chase them in deep water even using rush.

- “it is using supply so it should be weak”
      : Mrls ? it too using supply and being top of meta and it only cost 300 more supply. spending 1950 supply on a ship that can’t fight anything that shoot it back is extremely cost inefficient.

Corvette already balanced to be best at coastal and shit ass at deep water. slow ass speed and half HP.

why corvette suck at their job when against other?
      : it instantly get yeeted with their low ass HP and can’t fight back because their low attack range

Why low signature is best form of buff to corvette?
      : it allow corvettes to hit enemy fleet without getting hit back while there is still a risk of getting too close and getting rush to
      conjunction with its speed, will make it very easy to get rush to in deep sea and able to get away when in coastal. hint that it is better at coast guard but did not invading other ship advantage space.
      while having low damage and low HP, it did not harshly punishing enemy that bring naval fleet into coastal. just more encouraging to stay a bit farther. and still can smash corvette in one hit if corvette did a mistake. and this will open more opportunity to ASW heli, NPA, submarine and Naval AWACS be using all of them can detect low naval signature.
      Great points :thumbup:
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • LOL, you just keep making corvettes, I'd love to see corvette players in game, my mobile account needs more Naval Dominance medals.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Kranzegrad wrote:

It depends on whether the material wallet is empty or full of materials (Supplies and Rare Materials).
      So, does that mean you do level up your Corvettes if you have the resources to spare?

Because I'm not convinced that a levelled-up Corvette can really do anything more useful than a Level 1 Corvette, or that a different ship (which you have anyway by that point) can't do better.

I'd be interesting in hearing what the benefits of levelled-up Corvettes are, if you know any.

The post was edited 3 times, last by WalterChang ().

• Am playing a game now where I've upgrade my corvettes to 6 and as expected this a laughable use of resources.

Not getting range 75 until t6 makes these things pretty useless against naval units. They can't stand toe to toe against anything, they can't hide, literally their only use is blocking a port from invading forces which if the enemy only sends corvettes u might be able to do otherwise they'll prob fail at that too.

At lvl 7 with a cruise missile available they are a tiny bit more useful because they can do decent dmg against a naval target now but at a significant cost. You could do hit and run attacks from long range if another unit was spotting... Which means uav at max level would better in this role.

At t6 the cost 2000 supply plus 900 electronics which is also nuts.

If they had low sig radar at 4 then I think they'd at least be able to defend against surface targets as they'd have to close to visual range to engage or if you tell them to attack they get to fire first.

If they got stealth at lvl 6 plus cruise they'd be dangerous little things that could engage at 75. When stealth units fire they are revealed I believe? Could someone fire back at them? If they can't detect stealth? Subs specifically say they detect stealth subs so that might make these things real tough to deal with if someone did hit and run attacks.

Maybe just start with low sig radar at 4, assuming nothing could see them on radar until lvl 6 frigs that would be useful.

If not just don't ever go past lvl 1.
    • simply bestž defence is offence .. and naval battle is only by be online ,number but mostly BY RANGE taht you fire and taht fire enemy .. and taht is reason why is corvet nonsence uprage ...

on max you have 5 corvet with range 75 and hp 30

if they meet 5 cruiser with range 100 hp doesnt matter .and fire power to one shoot down 2,5 half that corvet ..

so arrive fire drive back fire your corvet defence sink without do anything enemy .. .. just waste resource on uprage reseach and for produce taht corvet like "naval " military unit .. that is soem why elite submarine is just nonsence too .. with max level and range 50...

and yep it not talk about defensive point measn have any ship for thsi we not talk about ship power just like reason tahn not pass ground force .. so yes start ship . , dont have component it reason why produce corvet just to improve stack in HP or oposite reason dont have suplies but have many elektronic is way why produce for this work elite sumarine
    • Andilek7319 wrote:

simply bestž defence is offence .. and naval battle is only by be online ,number but mostly BY RANGE taht you fire and taht fire enemy .. and taht is reason why is corvet nonsence uprage ...

on max you have 5 corvet with range 75 and hp 30

if they meet 5 cruiser with range 100 hp doesnt matter .and fire power to one shoot down 2,5 half that corvet ..

so arrive fire drive back fire your corvet defence sink without do anything enemy .. .. just waste resource on uprage reseach and for produce taht corvet like "naval " military unit .. that is soem why elite submarine is just nonsence too .. with max level and range 50...

and yep it not talk about defensive point measn have any ship for thsi we not talk about ship power just like reason tahn not pass ground force .. so yes start ship . , dont have component it reason why produce corvet just to improve stack in HP or oposite reason dont have suplies but have many elektronic is way why produce for this work elite sumarine
      The Elite AIP Submarine has a higher level of stealth that almost every other unit does not. It has no radar signature and so can engage units effectively as if it had greater range.