Zombie Strategy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Zombie Strategy

As I was playing Z map, I had some thoughts.
      I find it extraordinarily useful to ignore the zombies outside of your direct vicinity and to play as normal, while others get distracted.
      However, you need to make sure *if* the zombies invade you, you have some defense.
      In a 4x round playing as France, I had invaded parts of Benelux and Britain, and ignored the huge outbreaks in eastern europe. However, I did have several wings of Gen 2 Strike Aircraft, which, once I finally deployed, ended the crisis.
      I think that intentionally causing zombies in potential enemy's region is smart... Like heavy bombing an ai near a big coalition.
      If you do intend to combat zombies, I recommend these units:
      For Europe, you should use Strike Fighters, use the doctrine advantage. Some people say to use bombers, so you can destroy the zombie's hive.
      Others like attack helis, for the high damage to zombies.
      Helis have low range -> High damage to zombie, Little damage to Buildings
      SF Have medium range -> Medium Damage to zombie, medium damage to Building
      Bombers have High range -> Low damage to zombie, High damage to hives/building
      Elite Railgun -> High damage to zombie, building, low HP :(
      MBT -> High Damage to Zombie, a lot of HP
      So... it really depends on your goal.
      What are your thoughts?
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • I'm not sure how current strength of zombies compares to how it was when i fought them the last time but in general:
      - they're an incredible threat to your average player, especially early on since they're 1) armored and 2)really good against inf
      - really agressive and frankly fast as fuck

but they're imo not really that much of a direct threat past a certain point

So while technically it can be a decent strat to target cities to lower morale and cause zombie problems for people, you're also enabling them to gain more VP and if the other guy has trouble dealing with zombies its questionable if just invading him wouldnt have been a lot easier instead of having to clear out zombies first. So with zombies tending to spread really fast when facing your usual afk players i find that completely ignoring them if they're spreading really fast somewhere can be a mistake. For reference: the first z-game the zombies won by reaching the required amount of VP within 9 days. When playing later against a nerfed version it still required people to actually make the effort and clear out zombies in the regions where there only have been inactive players so they dont gain the VP.

About fighting them: anything that is not aircraft is already suboptimal simply by virtue of not having the necessary response time with how fast they can spread, I wouldnt even focus that much on building damage cuz frankly you can just kill the zombies and capture the cities to get rid of the hive. And i really wouldnt recommend tanks against zombies, TD actually to a lot better since they 1) get a bonus in cities and since zombies replace insurgents... 2) with their modifer in cities they actually get a decent enough strength to lower the chance of an uprising significantly (do zombie uprisings still lower the morale in cities?)

And bombers? I think you'll just hurt yourself more with that then zombies, because yes they deal decent damage against hives, but if you dont capture cities then that accomplishes literally nothing ... except giving you a penalty for killing civilians

So in general i really would only focus on being able to respond fast and not have a whole roster of units dedicated to fighting zombies
      I am The Baseline for opinions