Let's Review Forum Etiquette

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Let's Review Forum Etiquette

Just a quick statement...

There are several people on this forum - and I'm not gonna name names - that just can be plain mean. When someone gives an idea or a suggestion that they may not like, instead of offering some constructive criticism and give suggestions to make the idea better, they turn up the intensity and start yelling at the person (who in many cases may be a dormie) or go on a "you obviously don't know how the game works" rant. They can also be very fixed-minded, newbophobic, and sarcastic. It all makes this forum a less pleasant place to be. You may have noticed I haven't been as active here in the past few weeks.

So let's all pause for a moment, take a deep breath, and reset. Instead of making that derogatory comment, maybe consider the other person and how they would feel. Try to consider things that aren't exactly perfect for you, and be more open minded about people's ideas. Maybe if we all do this, the forum can be a more enjoyable place to be.

Thank you.
    "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
  • Even the most respected swordwman of this community will get laughed at if he presents ridiculous ideas.

It's part of being in a adult community.

After people have had their laugh, constructive criticism happens.
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • kurtvonstein wrote:

How about nerf MRL?
    That's just idiotic, and probably indicative of a Deep seated perversion involving goldfish
    *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
  • Dealer of Death wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

How about nerf MRL?
    That's just idiotic, and probably indicative of a Deep seated perversion involving goldfish
    Goldfish?! I thought it was mutant camels…
    I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
  • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

How about nerf MRL?
    Goldfish?! I thought it was mutant camels…
    Mutant Camels? That would be a fruitless perversion since Mutant Camels haven't been released yet.
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• kurtvonstein wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

How about nerf MRL?
    just wanted to provoke some community reaction...
    The KING of CoN News!!!

• Colonel Waffles wrote:

1. Table is no good boy
    2. Does this mean I can post my most ridiculous and far-out ideas now without the risk of dying?
    lol
    "America without her soldiers is like God without his angels."
    "A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
    "In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons."

• Tifo_14 wrote:

There are several people on this forum - and I'm not gonna name names - that just can be plain mean. When someone gives an idea or a suggestion that they may not like, instead of offering some constructive criticism and give suggestions to make the idea better, they turn up the intensity and start yelling at the person (who in many cases may be a dormie) or go on a "you obviously don't know how the game works" rant. They can also be very fixed-minded, newbophobic, and sarcastic. It all makes this forum a less pleasant place to be. You may have noticed I haven't been as active here in the past few weeks.

So let's all pause for a moment, take a deep breath, and reset. Instead of making that derogatory comment, maybe consider the other person and how they would feel. Try to consider things that aren't exactly perfect for you, and be more open minded about people's ideas. Maybe if we all do this, the forum can be a more enjoyable place to be.

Thank you.
    But from what I have seen "and this is only my second day on the forum" You sir are one to pick fights with a lot of people. I think you are the rudest person on the forum. So my question is why would you make a thread saying for people to be nice when I see you being rude and profiling people off of there pfp's or names? Granted you did start this thread nearly 5 months ago. So maybe you were nicer back then. But from what I have seen over the past two days is that you are not a nice person. Maybe you should take a reset and think about how you treat other people because not many people want to even talk on threads that you are on because you will start a huge argument with them.
    "America without her soldiers is like God without his angels."
    "A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
    "In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons."

• BlackStarMedia wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

Thank you.
    But from what I have seen "and this is only my second day on the forum" You sir are one to pick fights with a lot of people. I think you are the rudest person on the forum. So my question is why would you make a thread saying for people to be nice when I see you being rude and profiling people off of there pfp's or names? Granted you did start this thread nearly 5 months ago. So maybe you were nicer back then. But from what I have seen over the past two days is that you are not a nice person. Maybe you should take a reset and think about how you treat other people because not many people want to even talk on threads that you are on because you will start a huge argument with them.
    I am? I try not to get into arguments or controversial questions with people here. Did I insult you, I have never seen you before.
    "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup: