New Unit: Elite Destroyer

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • New Unit: Elite Destroyer

      My idea of an Elite Destroyer (Relocated from Discord #feedback)
      “These adaptable warships provide fast and efficient support during naval operations. Boasting the ability to carry aircraft, as well as considerable speed, they can execute powerful and decisive attacks in a flash”

      Elite Destroyers are naval warships that combine the abilities of Destroyers and Aircraft carriers, as well as a stealth touch. They are meant for quick, decisive attacks on an enemy’s naval fleet or coast, especially in tandem with submarines and the Naval Officer. They are based loosely on Japanese Helicopter Destroyers, such as the JS Izumo

      Requires lvl 3 naval base, lvl 1 arms, lvl 1 secret lab
      Cost varies, but 1K supplies, 1K comp, 1.2K elec at T2. Overall sight range of 25*

      —T1 stats—

      Radar Signature: Naval HIGH
      Attack Range: 50
      Radar Detection: 50 (FWA HIGH)
      Sonar Detection: 50
      Anti Air: 25
      Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 2 air units
      HP: 50
      Reveal Stealth: Submarines
      Damage:
      No ATK vs ground, pop etc
      ATK/DEF vs FWA >2.0
      ATK/DEF vs RWA >2.0
      ATK/DEF vs Missile >2.0
      ATK/DEF vs Surface Vessel >4.0
      ATK/DEF vs Submarine >6.0
      Speed:
      5.0 in Deep Sea
      3.0 in Shallow Water

      —T2 stats—

      Stealth (Revealed by ASW units)
      Radar Signature: Naval LOW
      Attack Range: 50
      Radar Detection: 75 (FWA HIGH, RWA LOW)
      Sonar Detection: 50
      Anti Air: 50
      Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 4 air units
      HP: 65
      Launch Missile: Cruise Missile (x1, 12h reload)
      Reveal Stealth: Submarines
      Damage:
      No ATK vs ground, pop etc
      ATK/DEF vs FWA >2.5
      ATK/DEF vs RWA >2.5
      ATK/DEF vs Missile >2.5
      ATK/DEF vs Surface Vessel >7.0
      ATK/DEF vs Submarine >10.0
      Speed:
      5.0 in Deep Sea
      3.0 in Shallow Water

      —T3 stats—

      Stealth (Revealed by ASW units)
      Radar Signature: Naval LOW
      Attack Range: 50
      Radar Detection: 100 (FWA LOW, RWA LOW)
      Sonar Detection: 100
      Anti Air: 50
      Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 6 air units
      HP: 80
      Launch Missile: Cruise Missile (x2, 12h reload)
      Reveal Stealth: Aircraft, Submarines
      Damage:
      No ATK vs ground, pop etc
      ATK/DEF vs FWA >3.0
      ATK/DEF vs RWA >3.0
      ATK/DEF vs Missile >3.0
      ATK/DEF vs Surface Vessel >8.0
      ATK/DEF vs Submarine >12.0
      Speed:
      5.0 in Deep Sea
      3.0 in Shallow Water
      (Note: They would be able to carry Air assault units if possible)

      Intended strategies:

      Sub hunter
      By carrying ASW helicopters, the ED would become a deadly asset in dealing with submarines. On its own, it would be effective in hunting down the elusive AIP submarine, and ASW helicopters would be able to track down and destroy them as well. It would also be a good option to sniff out and chase BM subs that may be hiding

      Naval assault
      By carrying ASW helicopters and NSFs, the ED would become a powerful anti-navy force. ED lacks the anti-surface strength of normal destroyers, but can deliver anti-ship aircraft to the front line quickly, and then proceed to return them to your hospital quickly as well

      Recon
      The stealth aspect of ED allows it to function as a coastal recon platform for UAVs. UAVs can be deployed on far sides of the world quickly and quietly by EDs to scout distant enemies. Once they are done scouting, they can quickly pull out of the area before the enemy finds and destroys them

      Flashpoint response
      If you need air superiority or air support in an area quickly, you can use ED to rapidly deploy NASF or Helicopters quickly instead of building an airfield

      Naval Defender
      EDs can also be used to protect your fleets. Considerable air defense can potentially save your fleet from an enemy air attack, though it will not be too effective compared to Frigates. High HP provides good damage distribution, and you can also deploy NASF to protect against air threats as well

      Counters:

      -Average AA abilities means ED cannot defend well against NPA or NSF
      -Poor anti-surface performance, will easily be outgunned and even outranged by other ship types
      -Attack Subs and Naval AWACS can detect low Naval signatures, and will be able to find ED easily regardless of level
      -Low range means attack and BM subs will out range ED, and ED must rely on dangerous rushing tactics to destroy the submarines

      —Models—

      Western:
      T1- Hyugas-Class
      T2- Sentinel-Class (Fictional)
      T3- Izumo-Class

      Euro:
      T1- Cromwell-Class (Fictional)
      T2- Valiant-Class (Fictional)
      T3- Clement-Class (Fictional)

      Eastern:
      Something something-class
      I don’t know what I would call them
      Yee Haw

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Colonel Waffles ().

    • This unit vs a Sub would probably be easily killed by subs.

      Subs as they stand now really aren't that dangerous until t6 when they get a 100 range attack and most other ships that can fight them, corvettes and destroyers, only have a 75 so they end up fighting against cruisers and obliterate everything.

      A sub killer should have at least a range of 100 at top tier and 75 in mid tier just to engage them. I think you have the concept wrong though. Something lacking in this game is a way to control sea area. When you control land you get all this info back in return so you can keep track of your enemy movement and even spot enemies exact units and numbers. In the ocean you can't do that. It's true fog of war out there and its brutal.

      What would be cool is a unit that lays sonar buoys so we can get warning when naval contacts are approaching. This vessel can be a sub hunter but in the same way the cruiser can do very little against a sub you'd want this unit to be very dangerous to subs so maybe a longer attack range? 75 starting, 100 at level 4 and 125 at lvl 6. Crap damage to surface but excellent damage to subs plus a way to detect them and all naval units by dropping buoys. (treat them like uav's your ship can drop that just sit there and watch the water. Enemy and see them and destroy them easily but you'd be able to setup some warning nets in important areas.

      Just spit balling this idea, haven't really gamed it out against all the units.
    • Tumbler wrote:

      This unit vs a Sub would probably be easily killed by subs.

      Subs as they stand now really aren't that dangerous until t6 when they get a 100 range attack and most other ships that can fight them, corvettes and destroyers, only have a 75 so they end up fighting against cruisers and obliterate everything.

      A sub killer should have at least a range of 100 at top tier and 75 in mid tier just to engage them. I think you have the concept wrong though. Something lacking in this game is a way to control sea area. When you control land you get all this info back in return so you can keep track of your enemy movement and even spot enemies exact units and numbers. In the ocean you can't do that. It's true fog of war out there and its brutal.

      What would be cool is a unit that lays sonar buoys so we can get warning when naval contacts are approaching. This vessel can be a sub hunter but in the same way the cruiser can do very little against a sub you'd want this unit to be very dangerous to subs so maybe a longer attack range? 75 starting, 100 at level 4 and 125 at lvl 6. Crap damage to surface but excellent damage to subs plus a way to detect them and all naval units by dropping buoys. (treat them like uav's your ship can drop that just sit there and watch the water. Enemy and see them and destroy them easily but you'd be able to setup some warning nets in important areas.

      Just spit balling this idea, haven't really gamed it out against all the units.
      The idea is that the ED sacrifices some of what makes it a destroyer, in favor of other abilities. This is probably realistic to the IRL Helicopter Destroyer, which is probably less effective at ASW. Compared to a normal destroyer, it will be much worse at combating subs, but good enough to effectively kill AIP and BM. Much of the fighting would be done with ASW helicopters on board, which when being transported at a speed of 5 will be able to locate, reach and kill a sub very quickly. I think 100 range would open the unit up to abuse, as it is stealthy and could destroy other vessels effortlessly with hit and run. I’ve suggested sonobuoys recently so you should go check that out as well
      Yee Haw
    • Sorry about that...
      WEST army units are pure US made units, not oriental made EXPORT (heavy arms market) units. Hyugas-Class and Izumo-Class are Japanese made naval units, not US made naval units. US navy not own any these Japanese ships. US Navy never buy foreign nation navy vessels, US sell to others allied nations, but not buy foreign navy vessels.
      This units real name is Helicopter Carrier and RU (EAST) has none any C-Carrier on sea waters. This navy unit are not even near ELITE unit Class.


      Modern Helicopter Carrier are same class as Dock Landing Ship (i research their stats; it's under process).


      Elite navy unit name list has so many holes, realist and fictions units has are mixed ups.


      I saw only 'bottom of well'.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • Kranzegrad wrote:

      Sorry about that...
      WEST army units are pure US made units, not oriental made EXPORT (heavy arms market) units. Hyugas-Class and Izumo-Class are Japanese made naval units, not US made naval units. US navy not own any these Japanese ships. US Navy never buy foreign nation navy vessels, US sell to others allied nations, but not buy foreign navy vessels.
      This units real name is Helicopter Carrier and RU (EAST) has none any C-Carrier on sea waters. This navy unit are not even near ELITE unit Class.


      Modern Helicopter Carrier are same class as Dock Landing Ship (i research their stats; it's under process).


      Elite navy unit name list has so many holes, realist and fictions units has are mixed ups.


      I saw only 'bottom of well'.
      Doctrines do not utilize unit models of a specific country. Euro doctrine is a mix of many different nations, and Japan is a Western doctrine nation, therefore there is no reason that Western models can include Japanese units. This doesn’t consider the fact that most elite units are fictional. I don’t see Russia with a mobile railgun, or Britain. The “Elite Destroyers” mentioned in the models are fictional deviations from their IRL Heli carrier counterparts. The Izumo-Class (Elite Destroyer) is not 1:1 accurate to the real JS Izumo (Helicopter Carrier), the same way the B-52H (Elite Bomber) is not the same as the normal B-52 (Strategic Bomber) despite them both being B-52s.
      Yee Haw
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

      Kranzegrad wrote:

      Sorry about that...
      WEST army units are pure US made units, not oriental made EXPORT (heavy arms market) units. Hyugas-Class and Izumo-Class are Japanese made naval units, not US made naval units. US navy not own any these Japanese ships. US Navy never buy foreign nation navy vessels, US sell to others allied nations, but not buy foreign navy vessels.
      This units real name is Helicopter Carrier and RU (EAST) has none any C-Carrier on sea waters. This navy unit are not even near ELITE unit Class.


      Modern Helicopter Carrier are same class as Dock Landing Ship (i research their stats; it's under process).


      Elite navy unit name list has so many holes, realist and fictions units has are mixed ups.


      I saw only 'bottom of well'.
      Doctrines do not utilize unit models of a specific country. Euro doctrine is a mix of many different nations, and Japan is a Western doctrine nation, therefore there is no reason that Western models can include Japanese units. This doesn’t consider the fact that most elite units are fictional. I don’t see Russia with a mobile railgun, or Britain. The “Elite Destroyers” mentioned in the models are fictional deviations from their IRL Heli carrier counterparts. The Izumo-Class (Elite Destroyer) is not 1:1 accurate to the real JS Izumo (Helicopter Carrier), the same way the B-52H (Elite Bomber) is not the same as the normal B-52 (Strategic Bomber) despite them both being B-52s.

      Look them 'CoN' research WEST doctrines units, and use wikipedia websites for search WEST units info.

      ALL WEST UNITS ALL MADE FROM USA!!!
      Guns are always loaded.
    • Guys - Please - CoN can (and should?) include fantasy versions of military units made and used by the ancient Martians (not Mars' current inhabitants) if Dorado wants to put them in.

      Why on Earth are you expending any mental energy debating this "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" topic?

      It just doesn't matter.

      If it helps, just think of the three doctrine sources as "Oceana", "Eurasia", and "Eastasia".
    • WalterChang wrote:

      Dealer of Death wrote:

      DERP, a "destroyer" that can't shell ground troops, DERP
      I agree that it's confusing to call it a Destroyer when it's actually an aircraft carrier.
      Apart from that, I don't really care about Elite units so make it as OP as you like!
      Be careful what you wish for. DoD might take that too seriously and create MRL with 1000 range
      The Japanese themselves call it a destroyer when it’s mostly an aircraft carrier. I think it incorporates enough destroyer aspects to barely pass as a specialized destroyer
      Yee Haw
    • I googled it after reading your op, and it's an aircraft carrier. It's only designated technically as "destroyer" class because of its small size.

      For the purposes of the game, I think it would make sense to call it "elite helicopter carrier" or something similar, to avoid confusion. The anti sub capabilities you've attributed to it don't seem to exist in reality and probably would make it too overpowered, even by the comparative standards of other elite units that are already in the game. I'd even suggest removing fixed-wing carrying from your idea and keep it for helicopters only - at least in the first two tiers.
    • while i like the general idea i can’t help but feel like it would be more like an elite aip submarine v.2.0 than anything else rather than finding its own niche

      general criticism:
      - does lvl 1 truly need a radar with a range of 50 if it already has a sightrange of 50? seems kinda redundant
      - the HP seems a bit to much for lvl 1
      - the movement speed is kinda whack, 5/3 from lvl 1 to maxwhen you could add some sort of improvement over the different levels as is usually the case for units (maybe dont start at 5/3?)
      - stealth at lvl 2 with low radar signature seems to big of a jump for being high radar signature at lvl 1
      maybe high signature —> low signature —> stealth would be a better approach


      ofc none of that actually fixes the core issue of it just being a better elite submarine
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • KFGauss wrote:

      Guys - Please - CoN can (and should?) include fantasy versions of military units made and used by the ancient Martians (not Mars' current inhabitants) if Dorado wants to put them in.

      Why on Earth are you expending any mental energy debating this "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" topic?

      It just doesn't matter.

      If it helps, just think of the three doctrine sources as "Oceana", "Eurasia", and "Eastasia".
      that makes elite units the pinnacle of belkan technology i guess? :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

      while i like the general idea i can’t help but feel like it would be more like an elite aip submarine v.2.0 than anything else rather than finding its own niche

      general criticism:
      - does lvl 1 truly need a radar with a range of 50 if it already has a sightrange of 50? seems kinda redundant
      - the HP seems a bit to much for lvl 1
      - the movement speed is kinda whack, 5/3 from lvl 1 to maxwhen you could add some sort of improvement over the different levels as is usually the case for units (maybe dont start at 5/3?)
      - stealth at lvl 2 with low radar signature seems to big of a jump for being high radar signature at lvl 1
      maybe high signature —> low signature —> stealth would be a better approach


      ofc none of that actually fixes the core issue of it just being a better elite submarine
      Tho I acknowledge here, full Kudos to Teburu for the cutting intellect to deduce this is a sub, and not as I have said, a non-destroyer destroyer (in description if not in name), I must castigate myself for not having identified a vessel that does not carry aircraft AND isn't as powerful as a corvette against land forces, as HAVING to be a sub under current unit capability definitions.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way


      "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

      My idea of an Elite Destroyer (Relocated from Discord #feedback)
      “These adaptable warships provide fast and efficient support during naval operations. Boasting the ability to carry aircraft, as well as considerable speed, they can execute powerful and decisive attacks in a flash”

      Elite Destroyers are naval warships that combine the abilities of Destroyers and Aircraft carriers, as well as a stealth touch. They are meant for quick, decisive attacks on an enemy’s naval fleet or coast, especially in tandem with submarines and the Naval Officer. They are based loosely on Japanese Helicopter Destroyers, such as the JS Izumo

      Requires lvl 3 naval base, lvl 1 arms, lvl 1 secret lab
      Cost varies, but 1K supplies, 1K comp, 1.2K elec at T2. Overall sight range of 50

      —T1 stats—

      Radar Signature: Naval HIGH
      Attack Range: 50
      Radar Detection: 50 (FWA HIGH)
      Sonar Detection: 50
      Anti Air: 25
      Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 2 air units
      HP: 50
      Reveal Stealth: Submarines
      Damage:
      No ATK vs ground, pop etc
      ATK/DEF vs FWA >2.0
      ATK/DEF vs RWA >2.0
      ATK/DEF vs Missile >2.0
      ATK/DEF vs Surface Vessel >4.0
      ATK/DEF vs Submarine >6.0
      Speed:
      5.0 in Deep Sea
      3.0 in Shallow Water

      —T2 stats—

      Stealth (Revealed by ASW units)
      Radar Signature: Naval LOW
      Attack Range: 50
      Radar Detection: 75 (FWA HIGH, RWA LOW)
      Sonar Detection: 50
      Anti Air: 50
      Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 4 air units
      HP: 65
      Launch Missile: Cruise Missile (x1, 12h reload)
      Reveal Stealth: Submarines
      Damage:
      No ATK vs ground, pop etc
      ATK/DEF vs FWA >2.5
      ATK/DEF vs RWA >2.5
      ATK/DEF vs Missile >2.5
      ATK/DEF vs Surface Vessel >7.0
      ATK/DEF vs Submarine >10.0
      Speed:
      5.0 in Deep Sea
      3.0 in Shallow Water

      —T3 stats—

      Stealth (Revealed by ASW units)
      Radar Signature: Naval LOW
      Attack Range: 50
      Radar Detection: 100 (FWA LOW, RWA LOW)
      Sonar Detection: 100
      Anti Air: 50
      Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 6 air units
      HP: 80
      Launch Missile: Cruise Missile (x2, 12h reload)
      Reveal Stealth: Aircraft, Submarines
      Damage:
      No ATK vs ground, pop etc
      ATK/DEF vs FWA >3.0
      ATK/DEF vs RWA >3.0
      ATK/DEF vs Missile >3.0
      ATK/DEF vs Surface Vessel >8.0
      ATK/DEF vs Submarine >12.0
      Speed:
      5.0 in Deep Sea
      3.0 in Shallow Water
      (Note: They would be able to carry Air assault units if possible)

      Intended strategies:

      Sub hunter
      By carrying ASW helicopters, the ED would become a deadly asset in dealing with submarines. On its own, it would be effective in hunting down the elusive AIP submarine, and ASW helicopters would be able to track down and destroy them as well. It would also be a good option to sniff out and chase BM subs that may be hiding

      Naval assault
      By carrying ASW helicopters and NSFs, the ED would become a powerful anti-navy force. ED lacks the anti-surface strength of normal destroyers, but can deliver anti-ship aircraft to the front line quickly, and then proceed to return them to your hospital quickly as well

      Recon
      The stealth aspect of ED allows it to function as a coastal recon platform for UAVs. UAVs can be deployed on far sides of the world quickly and quietly by EDs to scout distant enemies. Once they are done scouting, they can quickly pull out of the area before the enemy finds and destroys them

      Flashpoint response
      If you need air superiority or air support in an area quickly, you can use ED to rapidly deploy NASF or Helicopters quickly instead of building an airfield

      Naval Defender
      EDs can also be used to protect your fleets. Considerable air defense can potentially save your fleet from an enemy air attack, though it will not be too effective compared to Frigates. High HP provides good damage distribution, and you can also deploy NASF to protect against air threats as well

      Counters:

      -Average AA abilities means ED cannot defend well against NPA or NSF
      -Poor anti-surface performance, will easily be outgunned and even outranged by other ship types
      -Attack Subs and Naval AWACS can detect low Naval signatures, and will be able to find ED easily regardless of level
      -Low range means attack and BM subs will out range ED, and ED must rely on dangerous rushing tactics to destroy the submarines

      —Models—

      Western:
      T1- Hyugas-Class
      T2- Sentinel-Class (Fictional)
      T3- Izumo-Class

      Euro:
      T1- Cromwell-Class (Fictional)
      T2- Valiant-Class (Fictional)
      T3- Clement-Class (Fictional)

      Eastern:
      Something something-class
      I don’t know what I would call them
      Sounds suspiciously like the top tier corvette that some have been advocating recently, just a different name… hmmmmmm, plagiarism????
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

      Colonel Waffles wrote:

      My idea of an Elite Destroyer (Relocated from Discord #feedback)
      “These adaptable warships provide fast and efficient support during naval operations. Boasting the ability to carry aircraft, as well as considerable speed, they can execute powerful and decisive attacks in a flash”

      Elite Destroyers are naval warships that combine the abilities of Destroyers and Aircraft carriers, as well as a stealth touch. They are meant for quick, decisive attacks on an enemy’s naval fleet or coast, especially in tandem with submarines and the Naval Officer. They are based loosely on Japanese Helicopter Destroyers, such as the JS Izumo

      Requires lvl 3 naval base, lvl 1 arms, lvl 1 secret lab
      Cost varies, but 1K supplies, 1K comp, 1.2K elec at T2. Overall sight range of 50

      —T1 stats—

      Radar Signature: Naval HIGH
      Attack Range: 50
      Radar Detection: 50 (FWA HIGH)
      Sonar Detection: 50
      Anti Air: 25
      Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 2 air units
      HP: 50
      Reveal Stealth: Submarines
      Damage:
      No ATK vs ground, pop etc
      ATK/DEF vs FWA >2.0
      ATK/DEF vs RWA >2.0
      ATK/DEF vs Missile >2.0
      ATK/DEF vs Surface Vessel >4.0
      ATK/DEF vs Submarine >6.0
      Speed:
      5.0 in Deep Sea
      3.0 in Shallow Water

      —T2 stats—

      Stealth (Revealed by ASW units)
      Radar Signature: Naval LOW
      Attack Range: 50
      Radar Detection: 75 (FWA HIGH, RWA LOW)
      Sonar Detection: 50
      Anti Air: 50
      Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 4 air units
      HP: 65
      Launch Missile: Cruise Missile (x1, 12h reload)
      Reveal Stealth: Submarines
      Damage:
      No ATK vs ground, pop etc
      ATK/DEF vs FWA >2.5
      ATK/DEF vs RWA >2.5
      ATK/DEF vs Missile >2.5
      ATK/DEF vs Surface Vessel >7.0
      ATK/DEF vs Submarine >10.0
      Speed:
      5.0 in Deep Sea
      3.0 in Shallow Water

      —T3 stats—

      Stealth (Revealed by ASW units)
      Radar Signature: Naval LOW
      Attack Range: 50
      Radar Detection: 100 (FWA LOW, RWA LOW)
      Sonar Detection: 100
      Anti Air: 50
      Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 6 air units
      HP: 80
      Launch Missile: Cruise Missile (x2, 12h reload)
      Reveal Stealth: Aircraft, Submarines
      Damage:
      No ATK vs ground, pop etc
      ATK/DEF vs FWA >3.0
      ATK/DEF vs RWA >3.0
      ATK/DEF vs Missile >3.0
      ATK/DEF vs Surface Vessel >8.0
      ATK/DEF vs Submarine >12.0
      Speed:
      5.0 in Deep Sea
      3.0 in Shallow Water
      (Note: They would be able to carry Air assault units if possible)

      Intended strategies:

      Sub hunter
      By carrying ASW helicopters, the ED would become a deadly asset in dealing with submarines. On its own, it would be effective in hunting down the elusive AIP submarine, and ASW helicopters would be able to track down and destroy them as well. It would also be a good option to sniff out and chase BM subs that may be hiding

      Naval assault
      By carrying ASW helicopters and NSFs, the ED would become a powerful anti-navy force. ED lacks the anti-surface strength of normal destroyers, but can deliver anti-ship aircraft to the front line quickly, and then proceed to return them to your hospital quickly as well

      Recon
      The stealth aspect of ED allows it to function as a coastal recon platform for UAVs. UAVs can be deployed on far sides of the world quickly and quietly by EDs to scout distant enemies. Once they are done scouting, they can quickly pull out of the area before the enemy finds and destroys them

      Flashpoint response
      If you need air superiority or air support in an area quickly, you can use ED to rapidly deploy NASF or Helicopters quickly instead of building an airfield

      Naval Defender
      EDs can also be used to protect your fleets. Considerable air defense can potentially save your fleet from an enemy air attack, though it will not be too effective compared to Frigates. High HP provides good damage distribution, and you can also deploy NASF to protect against air threats as well

      Counters:

      -Average AA abilities means ED cannot defend well against NPA or NSF
      -Poor anti-surface performance, will easily be outgunned and even outranged by other ship types
      -Attack Subs and Naval AWACS can detect low Naval signatures, and will be able to find ED easily regardless of level
      -Low range means attack and BM subs will out range ED, and ED must rely on dangerous rushing tactics to destroy the submarines

      —Models—

      Western:
      T1- Hyugas-Class
      T2- Sentinel-Class (Fictional)
      T3- Izumo-Class

      Euro:
      T1- Cromwell-Class (Fictional)
      T2- Valiant-Class (Fictional)
      T3- Clement-Class (Fictional)

      Eastern:
      Something something-class
      I don’t know what I would call them
      Sounds suspiciously like the top tier corvette that some have been advocating recently, just a different name… hmmmmmm, plagiarism????
      Maybe, if you totally ignore it's inability to affect ground troops.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way


      "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Teburu wrote:

      while i like the general idea i can’t help but feel like it would be more like an elite aip submarine v.2.0 than anything else rather than finding its own niche

      general criticism:
      - does lvl 1 truly need a radar with a range of 50 if it already has a sightrange of 50? seems kinda redundant
      - the HP seems a bit to much for lvl 1
      - the movement speed is kinda whack, 5/3 from lvl 1 to maxwhen you could add some sort of improvement over the different levels as is usually the case for units (maybe dont start at 5/3?)
      - stealth at lvl 2 with low radar signature seems to big of a jump for being high radar signature at lvl 1
      maybe high signature —> low signature —> stealth would be a better approach


      ofc none of that actually fixes the core issue of it just being a better elite submarine
      -Sight range and radar range being the same is kind of redundant
      -The HP is bloated to represent its bulky CV nature
      -I based the speed on the current Cruiser. In the game, Cruiser speed is the same regardless of level. Having ED slower would compromise the speed attack aspect of it, and any faster would make it OP, so I think the steady speed works
      -The High naval signature of T1 is due to the fact that at that point it is not stealthy. The thing with making it stealthy is that high signature is so easily detectable that it might as well not have stealth. Low naval sig reduces the units that can detect it to a select few and makes it viable. Having stealth with no signature at all is not a path I think would be good for this unit, because it leads to it being an “elite sub”, which I discuss next
      -Ultimately, I think there are enough features for players to use it as marketed. The reason it will not be another “elite sub” is its core weakness as a naval fighter. Attack subs will detect it and obliterate it, especially if frigs ruin supporting ASW helis
      Yee Haw