WAAAY too many gold discount popups!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• WAAAY too many gold discount popups!

It seems like it's literally every hour, on the hour, that I get a pop-up that says 15% OFF GOLD! OMG!

It has been literally years since I have bought gold, and I still have 112k remaining. It's also really annoying when streaming to Twitch (follow me for regular CoN streams!). It's one of the reasons why I have considered quitting CoN forever; the more popups that occur in a period of time, the more it seems to show that the developers only care that you purchase gold, and nothing else, including streaming the game, or how well you play the game, or what you learn while playing, or how you learn to play the game.

15% is a joke. I won't even consider buying gold until it's 50%, and I probably won't buy it until it's 100%. But then again, I rarely use gold. Only in the case of stream snipers, which has never ever been a problem while streaming the game, or in emergencies, like my capitol about to be taken.

So please STFU on the gold pop ups, because I am not going to take them. Thank you! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the only Twitch streamer to stream CoN regularly. Follow me, watch my YouTube videos on CoN, and join my Discord server! twitch.tv/thchozen0ne , youtube.com/channel/UCapDa1qQpZ1FU4Y7lc0qcFw , discord.gg/HYBuXzm22H
    • Teburu wrote:

will not happen lol "
      Probably not, sadly. The popups will keep coming!

Perhaps the game needs a better algorithm for who gets these popups, how much the bonus gold is, when, and how often. A player like me will be more likely to stop playing entirely from these popups than to capitalize on them and buy more gold, which he has no shortage of and no desire to change his playing style to match the occasion!
    • I'll toss in these two ideas - I'm sure that neither is new.

1) Dorado - If a player has a big pile o gold that isn't quickly getting smaller, frequently offering to sell that player more gold isn't very useful, and can annoy the player.

2) Obviously Dorado wants all "big piles o gold" to be used, instead of hoarded. Offering games that allow every player to use a fixed amount of Gold during that one game seems attractive to me. That would let people "buy" tech if they lots of Tech early in a game. That would let other people buy lots of resources for a few unit-types early in the game and then do their thing. That would let people who get rushed at the start of a game use Gold to save themselves. Etc. Etc. You know all of these things better than I do.

Of course, everything I mentioned in item 2 is already available to any/every player. The trick is getting the players over the psychological hump that separates what they think of as ordinary playing from what they think of as gold-enhanced playing.
    • KFGauss wrote:

I'll toss in these two ideas - I'm sure that neither is new.

1) Dorado - If a player has a big pile o gold that isn't quickly getting smaller, frequently offering to sell that player more gold isn't very useful, and can annoy the player.

2) Obviously Dorado wants all "big piles o gold" to be used, instead of hoarded. Offering games that allow every player to use a fixed amount of Gold during that one game seems attractive to me. That would let people "buy" tech if they lots of Tech early in a game. That would let other people buy lots of resources for a few unit-types early in the game and then do their thing. That would let people who get rushed at the start of a game use Gold to save themselves. Etc. Etc. You know all of these things better than I do.

Of course, everything I mentioned in item 2 is already available to any/every player. The trick is getting the players over the psychological hump that separates what they think of as ordinary playing from what they think of as gold-enhanced playing. "
      1) YES!!!!

2) Also a good idea. So you want to limit the total amount of gold any one player can spend in one game? I like it! Not for all games, but some. If the limit is small, it would actually make me want to spend gold early in the game. Because everyone in that game has the same limit, and I know I won't be going up against a Wallet Warrior later on (thereby wasting the initial gold investment I made early in the game)!

While we are on the subject of limiting gold, I think people should be able to use gold to select a country that is almost always selected first, like Russia or the United States. These nations have big starting advantages anyway. The price of paying for this selection can vary based on an algoritm, and update periodically, or be set manually.

If, for the current price of selecting Russia, Russia is still picked near first almost all the time, then raise the price! If Russia is consistently being picked last, lower the price.