Let's Discuss "Piercing the AA Bubble" Again

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well, this means it will not work to kill a city with splash damage by targeting adjacent EMPTY provinces. TDS fire that causes reload will trigger. If there are enough TDS, the missile will die. The 2nd missile, if fired within 10 minutes will do the trick. Maybe that's what they're doing. In other words, any province covered by TDS will be defended by TDS, whether empty or occupied by a unit. There was some question about this earlier.

On another subject, I have yet to find evidence of the scheduled 10 minute AA tick in missile vs TDS fights. I'm beginning to think there is no scheduled AA fire against missiles. It's point defense and the AA fire that triggers reload only.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blitzkrieger64 ().

• The big missiles are very fast and even though the animation shows it differently, they fly in a straight line from A to B. So generally speaking they do not give AA units much time to catch them with a sweep.

Even more with Elite Bombers it is very easy to send BMs which will reach in less then 6 min their target, so no AA will ever catch them with a sweep.

P. S.: The way I destroyed the TDS of a golden player
    • my head hurts....Can anyone directly clarify this one question....

If I'm trying to destroy SAMs with Strike Fighters, is my best option to "patrol attack" ? (meaning no attack command given)

IF YES -> then should my hitbox or centerpoint of patrol be within the SAM radius, or outside?

or is it just not that simple?

i hope I worded this well enough to understand..

The post was edited 1 time, last by jaudiola ().

• jaudiola wrote:

my head hurts....Can anyone directly clarify this one question....

If I'm trying to destroy SAMs with Strike Fighters, is my best option to "patrol attack" ? (meaning no attack command given)

IF YES -> then should my hitbox or centerpoint of patrol be within the SAM radius, or outside?

or is it just not that simple?

i hope I worded this well enough to understand..
      If you patrol attack the sams it doesnt really matter where you place it because SAM will always defend.
      The best you can with Strike Fighters is to set patrol so, that the SAMs are barely inside the circle so you minimize the time spend inside AA range.

If your center is outside sam range you wont hit them to begin with
      I am The Baseline for opinions