Let's Discuss "Piercing the AA Bubble" Again

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Let's Discuss "Piercing the AA Bubble" Again

I've read older posts on exactly how AA works. However, I don't think I'm seeing this play out in-game. Would anyone be kind enough to explain again exactly how AA works? I don't believe there is a "ranged defense" anymore. If you don't get hit by the 10 minute offensive tick, you're good all the way into the AA itself, where you get hit by the point defense. In other words, I don't think you can "trigger" AA. It triggers itself every 10 minutes. There is no ranged defense that you can trigger by going in after the tick. There is no "piercing the bubble". There is only timing your move between 10 minute AA ticks. Good luck with that if SAM range is 100. Where is my understanding in error? Thanks!!
    • simply

sams ,anti rocket defense frigate have many time reackt on air target i see many time how simply enemy pass not over 100 range sam "defence" but travel at sam pass him and return ( like pass 200 in one way and 200 back without AA unit respond

miracle cruiser ,anti air "car "( without have radar systemn in car :D ... repond on any air target direcly when pass his range and it old secret ... some like is reported bug have day after q from staff and 6 day no respond on bug simply like da work sam like this report system .. have system but isnt work properly ..
    • Thanks for the responses. Yes, I think there is no longer "ranged defensive fire". I have been unable to cause this to happen. Either the offensive tick gets me; or I make it all the way to target. If "ranged defensive fire" still exists, I should be able to go in AFTER the offensive tick, trigger the ranged defensive fire, then enter the radius a minute or two later with safety all the way to the target SAM. What happens is that there is no ranged defensive fire to trigger. Everything happens on the offensive tick, or at ground zero point defense.
    • have doubt? park your aircraft next to aa
      wait it to fire
      note down the time
      now you just have the match AA timer on your hand
      the timer is damn easy to manipulate, after the check you can dance your aircraft above them and pull out before next check
      and i will be right here waiting for next post of “why my aa won’t fire!”
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • playbabe wrote:

have doubt? park your aircraft next to aa
      wait it to fire
      note down the time
      now you just have the match AA timer on your hand
      the timer is damn easy to manipulate, after the check you can dance your aircraft above them and pull out before next check
      and i will be right here waiting for next post of “why my aa won’t fire!”
      Yes indeed, but it's not what he is saying (or i didn't understood, which is very possible)
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • "i think center of patrol is the "hitbox" in that case"
      tested, negative. have center of patrol being in AA range still doesn't triggered it when attack ground target with patrol

"NO if you put aircaft in patrol AA may strike over his own range"
      We are talking about attack action that patrol did, not "patroling". this is already well know fact that when patrol, the whole cycle can trigger "schedule AA" but not "envelope AA"
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • Yeah, patrol feels more power in dodging AA then it should be, because the interaction feels flawed with defense action

In general there are three AA-'action':
      - swipe: unit checks every 10 min for hostile to attack and attacks all targets in range (not sure if damage gets split or not)
      - assist attack: AA unit uses its attack to defend a friendly unit , but not to defend itself (this got removed), this makes the unit skip it next swep because of reload
      - point-defense: unit defends itself with its defense rating, not affected by reload

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kalrakh ().

• Ohhh i see. They remove the "double damage" thingy when attacked directly and the AA is reloaded ?

So now we can't even stop the first ballistic missile of a volley with SAM and enough point defense ?
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Ohhh i see. They remove the "double damage" thingy when attacked directly and the AA is reloaded ?

So now we can't even stop the first ballistic missile of a volley with SAM and enough point defense ?
      They removed the 'double dip' feature quite a long while ago, believe when they completely overhauled the AA-system

Which is why MAAV in general and the AA part of Cruisers specifically are now even less usefull then before. Their low attack range makes it even less likely get a swipe done, even more against patrol attack because most units have a patrol range of 50.
    • I think i'm ignorant of a feature or a knowledge here and there.

So, now, when we attack directly or patrol over a enemy group, if the AA group isn't in reload, it doesn't use its offensive round on contact ?

I didn't remark any change of behaviour those last challenges i have played, hence why i struggle to put my finger on it