New System

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can we please have a new system on how players get to pick nations? My alliance and I have been trying to enter a new game and pick preference countries for the past 3 days and when new games do pop up finally, we can't join them because we've "finished off" too many games to start a new one. I've also archived all of those games. We need a new system. My allies and I shouldn't have to wait 2+ hours for 3 consecutive days to even find a new game after constantly reloading the website, much less join them too. It's a bit ridiculous. There's a reason no one wants those last 1-4 spots in the game. Just wasted looking for over 3 hours for a game I can't join now. #justwanttheusforonce #yrugivingtheustonoobs

The post was edited 1 time, last by Job_ee ().

• The limit of joined maps is 50.

*coughes*

Spam-joining maps and not playing them is one of the big factors in maps being filled by inactive in the first place.

I agree that a new system is needed, because the game can't handle the swarm of beginners all joining maps by 20 or 30, but it would be great, as a start, to be the change you want to see in the world :D.

50 maps, mate. No human has the brain to handle that correctly.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • People join 50 games? I can barely manage 2 at a time and I play 4x. Anytime over tried to play 3 or more at the same time it's not enjoyable. It's too confusing to keep track of what strategies you're using in each game.

There should be a reward for actually playing the games vs just joining them.

Is there a lot of gold paid out if you're unjust join a lot of games and try not to die?

Based on how many players don't bother playing after first few days I think there needs to be an incentive to keep people coming back.

Or maybe keeping your engagement high starts with extra resources each game so if you join a bunch of games and abandon most your starting resources go down in future games? (Permanently until you get your ratings back up)

Something, I'm playing 2 games ATM and in both I had big losses early and I'm continuing to fight because I want to see if I can recover but the counterstrike I'm doing... I'm not sure the other guy is here anymore. He took 2 of my cities and that left one of his cities vulnerable so I took that one.

He hasn't done much since then so I think he's quit...

I don't know if punishing him will do any good but I think players staying in the game is very important so I'd like to see something gained for sticking this out even though I'm prob just delaying my loss.
    • I don't actually play them all. Actually I usually only play one at a time for the most part. I enter games that are 63/64 players so a new game will respon so my allies and I can hopefully get first picks when it opens up. Due to the huge time difference between my allies and I, there's only a few hour window to start and game and we've been trying to start a new one so we can get the countries we want for what will now be 4 days in a row. Because new games take forever to respon and when they do, the type of games we want do show up. For ex: My allies and I are looking for a regular 4x game, but after 2 hours of finishing off games so they respon new games, 5 or so apoc. games start at the same time, so now we have to wait for another 2 hours... Why we want reg 4x is because apoc. is prone to have golders (not because we don't like them or hate the concept of gold, but we prefer not to gold and to not fight golders and reg 4x for the most part makes golding less effective). Now I'm stuck in the dilemma of not being able to not join games at all... :(

The post was edited 3 times, last by Job_ee ().

• Opulon wrote:

The limit of joined maps is 50.

*coughes*

Spam-joining maps and not playing them is one of the big factors in maps being filled by inactive in the first place.

I agree that a new system is needed, because the game can't handle the swarm of beginners all joining maps by 20 or 30, but it would be great, as a start, to be the change you want to see in the world :D.

Granted at least half of them are 2+ weeks old and refuse to drop out of my archive, preventing me from joining any games for quite some time...
      I only have one active game. The rest I've either completed or should technically be in inactive status, hence should be freeing up slots, but aren't.
    • Job_ee wrote:

Opulon wrote:

*coughes*

Granted at least half of them are 2+ weeks old and refuse to drop out of my archive, preventing me from joining any games for quite some time...I only have one active game. The rest I've either completed or should technically be in inactive status, hence should be freeing up slots, but aren't.
      You stay on the map as long nobody replaces you, which can be only done the first 7 days or so
    • this basically still means to have 50 maps on a 2 month revolving basis. "In theory it doesn't happen", it's nearly a map a day :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Job_ee wrote:

I don't actually play them all. Actually I usually only play one at a time for the most part. I enter games that are 63/64 players so a new game will respon so my allies and I can hopefully get first picks when it opens up. . . .
      Please stop doing that.
      Why? I'd rather wait 2 hours for a game to start up than 5. Plus, CON youtubers like the B2 are recommending doing it to start up new games if you want to be mad at me, be mad at them too. Sorry for not wanting to be north/south Korea, some small country in Africa, or some small country in the middle of Europe. Sorry for thinking strategically, woe is me. I'll do my best to set myself up for failure next time...
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Job_ee wrote:

Opulon wrote:

*coughes*

Granted at least half of them are 2+ weeks old and refuse to drop out of my archive, preventing me from joining any games for quite some time...I only have one active game. The rest I've either completed or should technically be in inactive status, hence should be freeing up slots, but aren't.
      You stay on the map as long nobody replaces you, which can be only done the first 7 days or so
      What if I got killed off really quickly? There were some games I entered I was almost completely defeated within the first few minutes of the game because golders were next to me. Shouldn't it disappear since I no longer exist in it?
    • Job_ee wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Job_ee wrote:

I don't actually play them all. Actually I usually only play one at a time for the most part. I enter games that are 63/64 players so a new game will respon so my allies and I can hopefully get first picks when it opens up. . . .
      Please stop doing that.
      Why? I'd rather wait 2 hours for a game to start up than 5. Plus, CON youtubers like the B2 are recommending doing it to start up new games if you want to be mad at me, be mad at them too. Sorry for not wanting to be north/south Korea, some small country in Africa, or some small country in the middle of Europe. Sorry for thinking strategically, woe is me. I'll do my best to set myself up for failure next time...
      I politely asked you to stop doing that because you are selfishly hurting the experience of everyone in those abandoned games just so that you can maybe get what you covet.

Please stop doing that.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Job_ee wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Job_ee wrote:

Please stop doing that.
      I politely asked you to stop doing that because you are selfishly hurting the experience of everyone in those abandoned games just so that you can maybe get what you covet.
      Please stop doing that.
      people: wow it sucks that everyone is inactive
      also people: join games just to fill to maybe get the nation they want next game
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Job_ee wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Job_ee wrote:

Opulon wrote:

*coughes*

What if I got killed off really quickly? There were some games I entered I was almost completely defeated within the first few minutes of the game because golders were next to me. Shouldn't it disappear since I no longer exist in it?
      No, does not matter, as long the map still exists you are still considered on it

In theory you could reappear, if you joined a coalition and they get you your territories back
    • KFGauss wrote:

Job_ee wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Job_ee wrote:

Please stop doing that.
      Please stop doing that.
      And letting new players get big countries doesn't hurt the experience of other players? Again, let's be realistic. South/North Korea and countries like Austria, who are in the middle of Europe is a suicide mission and it is a Miracle to make it past day 20 if you're a country like Mali or Angola who are a) surrounded by half a dozen nations within a quick striking range and their coasts leave them very vulnerable. Constantly reloading the server for 2 straight hours just to get a good nation just because 3-7 games that are 61-63/64 players because no one wants the countries listed above sucks the joy out of the game. Please be realistic. I don't want to spam reload to get the country of my choice for 2+ hours and neither do you.

If anything, I'm making it funner for some nations that have one less obstacle to go over. So they can fight nations that are more well defensible and letting players the chance to have more resources.

What really hurts the experience of the game for other players is when a level 5 player gets the US, level 2 player gets Russia, and a level 9 player gets China, etc, etc then goes inactive after day 10, so now there's a huge power-surge that will require extra planning for players that were expecting a fight from said countries, leaving experienced players to get moderate counties (a tier C or B class country) at best. If we can't spam end games to get good nations, then there should be a minimum rank required to get a S tier country. Again as I mentioned popular CON youtubers have also recommended end game spamming to get a decent nation.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Job_ee ().