CON Specials Company vs kurtvonstein - 0:1

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I've been thinking about an option... I was going to make a separate post for it, but oh well.

A public game with a gold buy in...Rank 15+ .... 4000 gold? (I don't know, something that's not crazy and still makes the game profitable.)
      Gold is disabled in the map.
      Winning players don't win gold... but instead get to choose a previously closed season badge as a victory reward.

A buy in will keep players active because they have skin in the game... and the victory reward isn't trivial, but something that players can obsess over collecting.
    • Smallsword wrote:

I've been thinking about an option... I was going to make a separate post for it, but oh well.

A public game with a gold buy in...Rank 15+ .... 4000 gold? (I don't know, something that's not crazy and still makes the game profitable.)
      Gold is disabled in the map.
      Winning players don't win gold... but instead get to choose a previously closed season badge as a victory reward.

A buy in will keep players active because they have skin in the game... and the victory reward isn't trivial, but something that players can obsess over collecting.
      well that woudl depend on how much Dorado make per map...i wonder if it is worth 4000 x 64 players...256000Gold. Its an average...

Sadly this has already been discussed and declined as Doardo is not willing to agree to this option of a paid entry no gold game (probaly because in implizit discloses how much a game is worth)
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Not having the ability to train our players without sacrificing our elite challenge is a big issue and its becoming difficult to keep players interested, i fail to understand how Dorado are worried to give the right to have internal games because it would affect playing public games? as Kalrakh mentioned players are already loosing interest in the game. Who are the coiners going to spend against if the players that have some skill get bored and leave ? Allowing training games will improve the overall player skills even in pub games which in return would make the game far more interesting and coiners would spend more :). The game is in decline for sure.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Is PK = Phanton Kommando? Are you dead? You guys still owe me a revenge...;-)
      Yes and yes, I am currently member of Beg for Mercy :)
      Hancock stopped playing over a year ago, who first wanted to form his own sister alliance but this did not went well because he never resurfaced.
      He was the guy who owes you a revenge, or?
      dont remember...maybe Fereyyed does...it was a 2 vs 5 with my buddy the evil lord...we had a good go.
      2 wrong decissions we went for finnland and sweden because we asumed that were no defenses...
      But we were surprised by sudden MRL disapearance in finland and sweden dropped inactive in the same moment...
      After that it went from bad to worse...we should have crashed france...

Well anyway...next invasion is better planned...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • defcon666 wrote:

Not having the ability to train our players without sacrificing our elite challenge is a big issue and its becoming difficult to keep players interested, i fail to understand how Dorado are worried to give the right to have internal games because it would affect playing public games? as Kalrakh mentioned players are already loosing interest in the game. Who are the coiners going to spend against if the players that have some skill get bored and leave ? Allowing training games will improve the overall player skills even in pub games which in return would make the game far more interesting and coiners would spend more :). The game is in decline for sure.
      Is it the game that is declining, or is it us ? Are we representative of the ten of thousands mobile players that have their blast on the game, and spend ? How can we reconcile the idea that the user base grows (it's actually the main cause of the public game lack of fun. It is flooded by newcomers.), that the cash goes in, that figures rise, and still, the game is declining ?

How can our reasoning be heard or convincing, if at the core, what we mean behind our words doesn't aim at the same thing than the other side ? At the moment we say "the plane is falling down" and they raise an eye brow because on their altimeter, the plane is climing, how do we have a single chance of being convincing ?

Would be like climate activists arguing that earth is dying, when from the WTC organisation perspective, the world economy is growing at a steady high pace. "What song are you singing to me little bird ? Don't you see the GDP raising ?"

From Stillfront perspective, CoN is doing just fine, and those recents bugs you saw about maps being spawned in arabic is a business expansion toward another continent because it WORKS.

Now, by all means, do know that i agree 100% with you, as a player.
      But when it comes to business practices and things like that, mirrored themes need to be found between visions that can't entirely understand each other for the same reasons that intercultural management is hard. And it's soooo hard. Basically as hard as to convince a Oil lobby of the need to invest a lot in renewable energies.

PS : Fueling the conversation and debate because it will drag attention, and as long as it's made in a constructive way, it will be positive :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Is it the game that is declining, or is it us ? Are we representative of the ten of thousands mobile players that have their blast on the game, and spend ? How can we reconcile the idea that the user base grows (it's actually the main cause of the public game lack of fun. It is flooded by newcomers.), that the cash goes in, that figures rise, and still, the game is declining ?
      How can our reasoning be heard or convincing, if at the core, what we mean behind our words doesn't aim at the same thing than the other side ? At the moment we say "the plane is falling down" and they raise an eye brow because on their altimeter, the plane is climing, how do we have a single chance of being convincing ?

Would be like climate activists arguing that earth is dying, when from the WTC organisation perspective, the world economy is growing at a steady high pace. "What song are you singing to me little bird ? Don't you see the GDP raising ?"
      Yeah, getting new players is quite easy with enough aggressive marketing. But at some point you will have every new player gained, that can be gained and might realise to late, that you never considered enough that retaining those players might be also a crucial aspect and I am not sure if those statistics also take in account such data properly.

At some point every tree might be burned, every river poisoned and you will realise: money does not taste that well. <-- refering to a known quote freely :D
    • Opulon wrote:

defcon666 wrote:

Not having the ability to train our players without sacrificing our elite challenge is a big issue and its becoming difficult to keep players interested, i fail to understand how Dorado are worried to give the right to have internal games because it would affect playing public games? as Kalrakh mentioned players are already loosing interest in the game. Who are the coiners going to spend against if the players that have some skill get bored and leave ? Allowing training games will improve the overall player skills even in pub games which in return would make the game far more interesting and coiners would spend more :). The game is in decline for sure.

From Stillfront perspective, CoN is doing just fine, and those recents bugs you saw about maps being spawned in arabic is a business expansion toward another continent because it WORKS.

Now, by all means, do know that i agree 100% with you, as a player.
      But when it comes to business practices and things like that, mirrored themes need to be found between visions that can't entirely understand each other for the same reasons that intercultural management is hard. And it's soooo hard. Basically as hard as to convince a Oil lobby of the need to invest a lot in renewable energies.

PS : Fueling the conversation and debate because it will drag attention, and as long as it's made in a constructive way, it will be positive :D
      Honestly, it seems like the developers goals are around getting new players and not on the retention of players.
      When someone stops playing do they delete their account?
      No, they ghost it. So, on paper the user base is growing...
      As an outsider from the business internals I'd say it's a "burn and turn" model.

If the revenue comes from "pay to win" rather than "pay to play"... people who want to PLAY the game and win get filtered out.
      When the community is cannon fodder for the coiner - and that's their contribution, do you think their input matters much?

When there isn't even an option to pay an entrance fee for a game with a level field... damn... how can my input matter much?
      I'm an untapped revenue source... but not one that is pursued by the company.
      I might buy gold to be able to enter a game... but I won't buy it to affect gameplay.
      If the product is a strategy game it shouldn't be decided like an auction.

This game has unrealized potential... it could be an E-sport staple... but not as it is currently.
      Remember that World Cup game where the manager bought 10 penalty kicks? Nope. That's because it's a sport.
      Remember all those vacant seats in the stands? Nope, sports have fans.

How many players have tried to voice their opinions on this?
      Enough to have a standing gag order.
      Are they still active players? Maybe? They either shut up and take it until they're fed up and ghost their accounts or the CoN Gestapo ban them.

Eventually, the developers will come to appreciate the community their product creates and tailor an experience to them... or slip into internet obscurity when a competitor enters the marketplace.

Not like I'm trying to break the rules by saying this... I'm not trying to be disrespectful... it's not like I'm a developer... but I am a strategist ... The Art of War is common reading material in business circles...There is a clear opening in this market if CoN doesn't fill it.
      I could drive into the silicon valley today (truly) and see how hard it is to get a team together...how much time it would take... prove an alternate business model... get funding...create a superior consumer product... run negative press in Dubai... class action for psychological extortion... Launch... absorb the market...
      but it's really not on my to-do list... I don't even want it on my radar.

I'm just someone who likes games. Fair games with a community.
      They could be getting money from me and every other pure strategic player... and they're not.

(If I've broken the rules- I'll edit the post... I'm not trying to destroy Dorado... I do hope to help)
    • Don't worry. You see the minigun in the corner of the room ? As long it doesn't shred everyone into mince meat, you know it''s not beyond the acceptable. Once it has killed everyone, consider yourself warned

EDITED : had answered on the business side, because the discussion can be cool, but would be better to continue on topic so erasd
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.