SEASON 7 TEASER

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SEASON 7 TEASER

Greetings Commanders!

In the planning process for Season 7 - we marked this week as the date for release of Season 7 and the accompanying unit. In hindsight, this may have been an optimistic target, but the reason for delay was due to complications coming from a localization project we are collaborating on, to bring CoN to other parts of the world. As it stands we are waiting for the green light from QA, and fixing issues as they come through.

In the meantime though, we want to give you a sneak peak of what is to come with Season 7 and beyond.

Introducing: The Elite Swarm UAV

The Elite Swarm UAV, also known as "Loitering Munition", is a cost-effective, versatile unit that commanders can deploy to observe and control designated points across the theatre. It can be deployed by various infantry, even some armored units, and will consume Deployable Gear.

With this unit we are introducing several new features to CON including:
      • Uncontrollable - a unit cannot be controlled once launched. This feature was previously hardcoded into missiles.
      • Time-Limited - a unit is operational for a limited amount of time after deployment.
      • Immobile - as the name suggests, a unit is immobile once deployed.
      • As we expand the toolkit available to our designers we are gradually moving toward new unit types, e.g. land mines, that we had hinted at earlier in the year. It's important to note that our stance on mines is that they will be released as regular units, outside of seasons, and not limited to seasonal unlock.
      Knowing what's coming for Season 7, you have time to prepare, plan and discuss how the meta may shift for the coming months. Your feedback and discussions are always appreciated.

Current Black Screen investigation [iOS/Android]:
      We are seeing consistent reports where players encounter a black map or screen render, sometimes accompanied by a session expired dialogue. The team are working feverishly to understand the source of this and aim on fixing it as soon as possible. Your patience in the matter, as always, is really appreciated. In case of emergency you can always use the Desktop client, which does not have the issue. If you come across this issue and are happy to cooperate with us on a detailed report, please reach out to us on [email protected]
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• Ok so I try to understand the new feature. There will be drohnes that i can fire like a cruise missle into a location and it will patrol there for a specific time and

-it will reveal everything within line of sight
      -it might have some radar?
      -it has attack values to defend the area?

It only hovers there for a given time and it costs deployable gear.

Question:

When the time runs out will the drohne return to sender and I get the deployable gear reimbursed or is the deployable gear spend like we have it with a cruise missle?
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • The only other alternative to whoever is having an issue on mobile and cannot use a computer. Try this, while in the game which has the blank map.

On the bottom right tap the

“More”

then select

“settings”

scroll down turn off the setting, “Display Units”.

**** Keep in mind that you can still select your units, see the map. If you turn it back on again it will freeze. After a few minutes it then will reload the game reverting to a blank map. ****

— Side Note: The only bandage or quick fix I personally discovered and works is by first Disabling the “textures” feature. Followed by the same steps I listed above. ^
      When it loads back into the map. After loading, selecting the icon at the top right. Then joining either a new game and or continuing in another match. After loading into the other game, repeat the process, but instead joining back into the game currently experiencing a blank screen. Leaving my phone till the default setting for auto lock screen and finally, waiting 15 minutes. Unlock and the map and my units will display after the game again reloads. But sometimes it will freeze up again. This method has been successful on various mobile devices including iOS/Android.

********* DISCLAIMER ********

Its not a guarantee that you will get the same outcome, or results. That I have. This is not a solution, or complete fix. It is only a temporary fix. Meaning the same issue can reoccur. It is POSSIBLE that it may NOT temporarily resolve the issue.
      Unforeseen
    • Kalrakh wrote:

I wonder, will this unit be unkillable or stealth by default or how it should be alternative to drones which are already quite cheap

The sight range will also be an important factor here.
      From what I know about IRL loitering munitions (if you want to know more about them then look at their use during last years Karabakh war) is that they might work as patroling cruise missiles. So that game wise means that they will act like UAVs when they're in the air and has same amount of damage once they attack. Also thier difference from drones is that they will crash if they don't find any target when they are in the air and they can't go to other location (same as missiles)
    • Capt_Rodgers wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

I wonder, will this unit be unkillable or stealth by default or how it should be alternative to drones which are already quite cheap

From what I know about IRL loitering munitions (if you want to know more about them then look at their use during last years Karabakh war) is that they might work as patroling cruise missiles. So that game wise means that they will act like UAVs when they're in the air and has same amount of damage once they attack. Also thier difference from drones is that they will crash if they don't find any target when they are in the air and they can't go to other location (same as missiles)
      So far nothing says they attack, just that they stay in the air a while and then crash
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Capt_Rodgers wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

So far nothing says they attack, just that they stay in the air a while and then crash
      IRL loitering munition is launched to specific combat area where it waits and then it attacks earlier specified targets. Thats why I assumed that they might do that ingame
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Capt_Rodgers wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Possibly, "implied" by semantics and logic here:

The Elite Swarm UAV, also known as "Loitering Munition", is a cost-effective, versatile unit that commanders can deploy to observe and control designated points across the theatre. It can be deployed by various infantry, even some armored units, and will consume Deployable Gear.

The fact it is referred to as a "munition" and that it has the ability to "control" some area. I mean how else would it control an area except by an attack?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD