SEASON 7 TEASER

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• crazystoner wrote:

I personally have found UAV's are a waste of money, a bad commander needs to know every little detail, a good commander has already won the battle.

For me UAV's are among my favourite units. They go in, after I defeat enemy planes. They give me perfect info about battleground which is priceless.

They are cheap so no big deal, when losing some. And I prefer to lose them instead of other aircrafts, in case they mean good anti-air enemy.

As I play often with airforce, they give me deep into enemy knowledge where to hit next to clear the land, which is taken without fighting, by infantry.

This is fastest way to conquer in game and UAV's are awesome part of it.
      It can be played without them, but seeing everything, gives great comfort.

I use them often and active players also use them often, as I see.

Good commander try to get any possible advantage over enemy and info about enemy troops, where they are, how many and so on, is one of those advantages.

Bad commander do not understand the worth of good intel.
    • KFGauss wrote:

crazystoner wrote:

" . . . a bad commander needs to know every little detail, a good commander has already won the battle. . . ."
      Nope
      You send UAV's, i send strike force. We are not the same. :)

Seroslav wrote:

crazystoner wrote:

I personally have found UAV's are a waste of money, a bad commander needs to know every little detail, a good commander has already won the battle.
      Good commander try to get any possible advantage over enemy and info about enemy troops, where they are, how many and so on, is one of those advantages.

Bad commander do not understand the worth of good intel.
      Much respect to Seroslav for standing by his word and giving examples.
      While i do agree good intel is well worth having, i do find that aircraft and spies give the same sort of intelligence, its just about ones ability to decipher it.

For example, i can strike a target, and roughly figure out its composition, size and strength, and while its nice to have a UAV give you the information perfectly and without causing aggression i do find on many occasions that they just initiate wars, players can't help themselves but to shoot them down when spotted. But the biggest issue is the drain on the economy, and furthermore the drain on production industry. Its these reasons i don't consider them viable, not only do they result in moral issues but they limit the size of your armed force. I do believe the elite UAV deployable will limit some of these issues but ultimately id rather just have Special forces.

You see this issue with AA and theatre defence systems, the investment to generate these assets are hardly of value for the offensive missions that is CON global war.
      Sometimes you need to take a few nuclear strikes, on your home cities, but its desperation as its not a winning strategy to kill innocent civilians against an ever expanding force with a massive military force.
      More so when the counter attacks of nuclear force are striking your military assets. This is the fundamental reason why even stealth nuclear armed UAV's are of limited use, even in large numbers unless you have a massive stockpile of the most advanced cruise missiles but there is a very narrow window of opportunity. Bit of fun for a gold spammer but not a realistic battle strategy.

While one could argue 1 or 2 is enough to serve the purpose, the question becomes how long will they last.
      Which is where i think elite UAV will serve their purpose rather well, but ultimately a good commander doesn't need to sit back and wait for valid intelligence, they will already have a military force capable of crushing their enemies in decisive battles again and again. Doesn't matter their rank, how many friends they have, if you are not going into battle on multiple fronts against massive odds and expecting victory. You just waiting for an inevitable defeat.

For me, simply looking at cities composition, do they have dockyards, army bases, airports, how many, what level is each. Looking at CON news for causality reports, are their battles one sided then ultimately sending in fighter aircraft to get visuals of armour, infantry or artillery and depending, striking the target and calculating damage taken. One could argue Radar gives the same capability as UAV's in this regard without the inherit weakness of showing your hand and its limited scope of intelligence. Sort of the trade between situational awareness and detail, while detail is great, like any and all intelligence their is compounding evidence of enemy forces, rather then a reliance on a single UAV.
    • a good con player should know that uav is not the only thing that reveal enemy. province already good enough.

indeed that more information is useful. but don’t over extended or you just being insecure about information you already have on hand and raise your head above cover to count the ants.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

No need for intel if you use the doctrine of overwhelming forces...

A radar, 10 mrls and a couple of SAM as backup...thats how I scout.
      I simply read the newspaper...
      That sounds more like the "MRLS don't receive damage from 99% of the defenders they will encounter" doctrine than an overwhelming force doctrine.

If you're using attackers that aren't damaged by defenders then it makes perfect sense to ignore what the defenders are.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Without fighter jets as support this "overhelming force" will be quickly annihilated by attack chopers with imunity to SAMs. Best strategy is to use all arms doctrine combinig air force, artillery, air defence, strong ground units, navy and helicopters. Rest are just varieties of tactics which limit your capabilies
    • Capt_Rodgers wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Without fighter jets as support this "overhelming force" will be quickly annihilated by attack chopers with imunity to SAMs. Best strategy is to use all arms doctrine combinig air force, artillery, air defence, strong ground units, navy and helicopters. Rest are just varieties of tactics which limit your capabilies
      Nice. Now where are you going to get the resources for that

What you described is basically “research everything”. Throughout the game you will have to make compromises depending on your country, your economy, and the tactics of your enemy. Somewhere, there will inevitably be holes in your military that could be exploited. Not saying the stack above is necessarily well defended, though some ASF could fix that
      Yee Haw
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

Capt_Rodgers wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Nice. Now where are you going to get the resources for that
      What you described is basically “research everything”. Throughout the game you will have to make compromises depending on your country, your economy, and the tactics of your enemy. Somewhere, there will inevitably be holes in your military that could be exploited. Not saying the stack above is necessarily well defended, though some ASF could fix that
      Just saying when you have SAMs and MLRS strong enough to be quite unbeatable then you will already in phase of game which is day 30 + and there is already just few strong players left. At this part of the game all arms doctrine is achievable.
      Btw my stats are not that great as most of yours but I played enough games to understand what you're saying. But still your way of playing is quite good but far from unbeatable