Artillery/ships should attack every 5 minutes and anti-air should scan every 2 minutes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Your missile got taken down by the point defense. No 'trick' can outplay point defense.

Our point is:
      You missed to check the point defense value of the SAM vs missiles and compare it to the HP of your missiles.

However 10-14 missile per round, sounds quite excessive from the start

If you test something, you maybe use 2-3 and then check if you need more to finish up the the stack of if you even achieved anything
    • It was a big stack... something like 3 MBT, 5 mot inf, and one SAM.

The SAM was lvl 1 ... so if I got through the triggered AA and I could land enough CM with half HP it would probably eliminate the SAM.... my mistake was not getting well within the AA range... I launched them all a little too far away... it was really close... if the first one or two hit before the triggered response initiated again I think it would have worked.... The first CM would still have 1HP after point defense... I was hoping for a cascading effect with the whole salvo.

I wouldn't have tried it except that there was only 30 min or so left in the game before VP closed it... and I had 40 CM... so whatev... my missile stats are terrible now... but that's really the only harm.

It was a learning experiment... not a do or die situation.

It would be nice to be able to stack CM... if I could have launched ten stacked I would have only lost 1-2 ...
      It's also really time consuming to go through the clicking process for multiple CM when seconds matter.
    • You can wait for the tick, fly into the range of the SAM to fire all the missiles and fly back out to shorten flight time.

Low level CM are also quite slower and take more time to fly.

A T2 CM is a stack of CMs, that why it needs more warheads but also has much more beef

If you could stack missiles endlessly it would turn anti missile pointless, because you could always overpower them
    • Seems silly that bombers are afraid of a single AA trigger, bombers have a few hitpoints, that been said i have dropped a few nuclear cruise missiles too close to my stealth bombers and lost it due to splash damage. Not a nice feeling.

That been said, i dont really like the mechanic where you cant saturate air defence. That the trigger hits everything within range even if you launch 1000 cruise missiles at a single AA.
    • Seroslav wrote:

I don't see how making first attack of AA, faster, would make anything useless.

My suggestion is to make SCAN more frequent, NOT the attack. It's not to make attack of AA 5 times more frequent, just the scan. Attack would be still in 10 minutes manner, so only the first one would be sooner, to get rid of planes operating in range of AA with no reaction of AA, which is totally weird.

Plane go through range of AA but it does not react... what kind of solution it is? AA is to hit what flies, not to stay there and not react, especially that we have attack-through-patrol mechanic in game. It gives huge advantage to planes, when the planes are already strongest types of units in game.

Making scan more frequent = first attack, would change something, but would not make any type of unit useless.
      ahh yes - I get your drift - makes more sense now. people could still bait the aa with a cm then attack but it does seem logical - not sure about the programming involved tho. my gut feeling is AA is ok as is where is.

Perhaps increse the point defence and reduce sam attack value? Patrol attack will always get hit by point defence no matter what.