The Bermuda Triangle

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Bermuda Triangle

The Bermuda Triangle is a phenomenon that, based on my observations, is deeply rooted in legacy code. I can confirm to have seen it on the mobile versions of both Call of War and Conflict of Nations

If you have no idea what I’m talking about, it’s a stretch of the Pacific Ocean where units “disappear”. Scrolling to it will cause most units on screen and their paths to become invisible until you move it back out. This is beyond annoying when trying to make moves from Asia to America or vice versa. It becomes difficult to see and command your units across the Triangle. As far as I’m aware this issue has existed since the Bytro engine was created, and it does not appear on PC.

I can already tell it’s a legacy code nightmare, but this issue in addition to the horrible radar radius visualization can make the mobile versions of these games painful to play. If you haven’t seen this issue, command units around the missile of the Pacific, otherwise I may be able to provide a video
      Yee Haw
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

How about a screenshot from somebody showing where
      Here are two examples I could get from my running games:
      youtube.com/shorts/YJGV2sNMV8E?feature=share
      youtube.com/shorts/aKzrzxWeJI4?feature=share

For the first one, I cannot select those bombers at all. They are physically un-selectable, and if I had to turn them around in an emergency I couldn’t. I also cannot see where they are going

For the second one, I can select them but I cannot see where they are going either. They are supposed to be going to Northern Europe but all I can see is their ocean path

The area of the glitch is strange. It may not be consistent and may be different for different people

I can observe that it runs from the East coast of Japan, to the East coast of New Zealand, to the point directly East of New Zealand and South of Hawaii, up to the channel between Alaska and Russia and then back to Japan. It doesn’t seem to have a definite square shape to it as it would have made New Zealand unplayable
      Yee Haw
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Here are two examples I could get from my running games:youtube.com/shorts/YJGV2sNMV8E?feature=share

For the first one, I cannot select those bombers at all. They are physically un-selectable, and if I had to turn them around in an emergency I couldn’t. I also cannot see where they are going

For the second one, I can select them but I cannot see where they are going either. They are supposed to be going to Northern Europe but all I can see is their ocean path

The area of the glitch is strange. It may not be consistent and may be different for different people

I can observe that it runs from the East coast of Japan, to the East coast of New Zealand, to the point directly East of New Zealand and South of Hawaii, up to the channel between Alaska and Russia and then back to Japan. It doesn’t seem to have a definite square shape to it as it would have made New Zealand unplayable
      I recently experienced the same “visible but can’t use” glitch when I patrolled a bomber over Guadalcanal. I could see the unit icon when I zoomed out but if I zoomed in … poof, gone. I just assumed that the pilots left their radar signal hoping for rescue but I didn’t dare declare war on the aliens. Unheroic perhaps but hey, the rest of mankind had been placing embargoes on my grape juice :thumbdown:
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Here are two examples I could get from my running games:youtube.com/shorts/YJGV2sNMV8E?feature=share

I don't know what that crap is, but it isn't a screen shot. Post pic here, doofus.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Colonel Waffles wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Here are two examples I could get from my running games:youtube.com/shorts/YJGV2sNMV8E?feature=shareyoutube.com/shorts/aKzrzxWeJI4?feature=share

I don't know what that crap is, but it isn't a screen shot. Post pic here, doofus.
      It’s a video of the issue I described. I don’t think you understand. It’s something you observe as you scroll around the screen, I can’t just screenshot it unless you want to see a screenshot of empty ocean, and then a unit afterwards
      Yee Haw
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Colonel Waffles wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Here are two examples I could get from my running games:youtube.com/shorts/YJGV2sNMV8E?feature=shareyoutube.com/shorts/aKzrzxWeJI4?feature=share

It’s a video of the issue I described. I don’t think you understand. It’s something you observe as you scroll around the screen, I can’t just screenshot it unless you want to see a screenshot of empty ocean, and then a unit afterwards
      Well that link is to all kinds of videos except what you describe

I just want to know where it is
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Colonel Waffles wrote:

I’ve already stated it’s in the Pacific Ocean
      Also, does the link not work for you?
      Yeah, cause "pacific ocean" really narrows it down.

And the link works as far as leading me to a bunch of random videos, none of which are con related.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Colonel Waffles wrote:

I’ve already stated it’s in the Pacific Ocean
      Also, does the link not work for you?
      And the link works as far as leading me to a bunch of random videos, none of which are con related.
      Not sure why the links don’t work for you

The most specific I can be is Western Pacific Ocean
      That is the area where it happens. I cannot narrow it down much more than that
      Yee Haw
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

I don't know how you haven't encountered this...hopefully you have by now since these posts are from a year ago...
      Files