New Type of Spy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Type of Spy

Evening folks,

I don't frequent these forums, being more of a Discord person myself, but I have thought a lot about the suggestion I am making and feel it is a good one. I hope others will give me their opinions as well!

If this feature already exists and has escaped my notice, please disregard this and accept my apology in advance.

Everyone knows that Counter Ops intelligence agents substantially increase your chances of capturing enemy spies in your territory. To my knowledge, which is certainly not complete by any means, there is no way for the enemy to capture/eliminate counter ops agents in order for their spies to have a better chance of completing missions. Therefore, my suggestion is the addition of a new kind of spy, which could be called Assassin or something like that. This spy would be assigned to enemy territory and its' goal would be to eliminate counter ops agents, clearing the way for other spies that can collect intelligence and whatnot. Obviously, this spy could himself be captured by counter ops.

I hope this makes sense! Have a great day. If anyone wants to discuss this off the forum feel free to DM me on Discord (GreenBeret#1439).

GB
      Rangers alliance is recruiting players of all experience levels! DM GreenBeret#1439 on Discord to learn more.
    • infinitly stacks counterops: congratulations your new spy is now kinda useless

I dont really dislike the idea, but frankly the whole spy system would need a complete overhaul

Also: I think the idea of a spy that is supposed to counter counterops but himself is also somewhat countered by counterops is kinda silly? IMO a increase to successchance and an decrease in capturing rate would work better, especially since agent actions only occur at daychange meaning that you might have killed 3 counterops at day 20, but at day 21 there are now 5 more
      because at the end of the day the amount of agents you can place in any foreign province is limited to 3 so trying to kill enemy counterops before placing your own agents is
      a) kinda extremely obvious [and will only result in Player B placing more counterops] and
      b) takes space away from sabotage/intel/whatever agents
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

infinitly stacks counterops: congratulations your new spy is now kinda useless

I dont really dislike the idea, but frankly the whole spy system would need a complete overhaul

Also: I think the idea of a spy that is supposed to counter counterops but himself is also somewhat countered by counterops is kinda silly? IMO a increase to successchance and an decrease in capturing rate would work better, especially since agent actions only occur at daychange meaning that you might have killed 3 counterops at day 20, but at day 21 there are now 5 more
      because at the end of the day the amount of agents you can place in any foreign province is limited to 3 so trying to kill enemy counterops before placing your own agents is
      a) kinda extremely obvious [and will only result in Player B placing more counterops] and
      b) takes space away from sabotage/intel/whatever agents
      Hello there. Thanks for weighing in -- you make valid points. Perhaps they call attention to an area of CoN that could use an update anyway. The cap of three agents is, perhaps, too low, or would be should an addition such as the one I propose was made. And maybe the whole system DOES need an overhaul. I'm not saying it does, but there are certainly arguments in favor of it -- maybe sabotage agents could be directed to target a certain facility, rather than a random one as I believe it works at the moment. Maybe counter ops could be directed to target certain types of enemy spies.

Even if things like that would be useful, however, I'm not quite sure that the devs would look at it as anything near a priority. Frankly, a lot of players probably wouldn't either. I like CoN roleplay, where the features I mentioned might be more useful than in public games. The again, maybe pub players would think otherwise.

GB
      Rangers alliance is recruiting players of all experience levels! DM GreenBeret#1439 on Discord to learn more.