Casualites and the buttons as delay or retreat.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• well, you'll hardly be winning if you lose more units than your enemy; tho the losses reflect manpower values of units
      So someone with a lot of Inf might have considerable higher losses than someone who uses units that dont require that much manpower to build.

Im pretty sure a lot of people have used the delay and retreat buttons, what exactly is your question there?
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

well, you'll hardly be winning if you lose more units than your enemy; tho the losses reflect manpower values of units
      So someone with a lot of Inf might have considerable higher losses than someone who uses units that dont require that much manpower to build.

Im pretty sure a lot of people have used the delay and retreat buttons, what exactly is your question there?
      I suspect he is Saudi Arabia not Russia, it does not show your own losses always first, believe it depends who initiated the war :)

A good player can lose thousands of manpower without losing a single unit, because they get damage but don't die before they get healed back up.

Every unit shows in its description how much manpower it represents:
      Motorized Infantry: 850 manpower at L1
      Recon: 400 manpower at L1
      Gunship: 400 manpower at L1

I used both buttons for sure many times.
    • heongost wrote:

2. Who have use "delay" button and retreat "button" yet?
      The delay button is good (in theory) for timing your units' arrival to coincide with others, or with the completion of bombardment rounds. In practice, it doesn't work very reliably.

The retreat button is good if you have one single unit that's fighting a losing battle - you can withdraw it to safety and repair it. If you have more than one unit (of the same type) fighting a losing battle, you're better off leaving them there until there's only one of each type remaining. This is because the "retreat" order will generally cause all-but-one of stacked units of the same type to die instantly!
    • WalterChang wrote:

heongost wrote:

2. Who have use "delay" button and retreat "button" yet?
      The delay button is good (in theory) for timing your units' arrival to coincide with others, or with the completion of bombardment rounds. In practice, it doesn't work very reliably.
      The retreat button is good if you have one single unit that's fighting a losing battle - you can withdraw it to safety and repair it. If you have more than one unit (of the same type) fighting a losing battle, you're better off leaving them there until there's only one of each type remaining. This is because the "retreat" order will generally cause all-but-one of stacked units of the same type to die instantly!
      No, that last part is just wrong. The retreating stack will suffer damage and that can cause units to die, but not reduce every type to only one unit left.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

No, that last part is just wrong. The retreating stack will suffer damage and that can cause units to die, but not reduce every type to only one unit left.
      Depends how may there are. But OK, you might be left with more than one afterwards. I still think that if you're going to lose units, you might as well leave there in the fight where they will least cause the enemy some damage before they die, rather than giving them free kills by using the retreat order.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Depends on the situation, you might think about it twice if your 10 NGs are facing a mixed stack of inf and tanks
      Ok, I take it back - there are situations where you might want to use the retreat order despite the losses.

But, as a word of caution to anyone who hasn't used it before, you WILL lose a lot of units if you retreat larger stacks. It's, what, two-thirds of the stack's HP that just vanishes in an instant, or something?
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Teburu wrote:

well, you'll hardly be winning if you lose more units than your enemy; tho the losses reflect manpower values of units

I suspect he is Saudi Arabia not Russia, it does not show your own losses always first, believe it depends who initiated the war :)
      A good player can lose thousands of manpower without losing a single unit, because they get damage but don't die before they get healed back up.

Every unit shows in its description how much manpower it represents:
      Motorized Infantry: 850 manpower at L1
      Recon: 400 manpower at L1
      Gunship: 400 manpower at L1

I used both buttons for sure many times.
      I am Russia, and I only defeat his navy and plane. Unit ground is defeated by him.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

It is one third or less, I rarely lost more then 1 unit retreating. Though I also are rarely in need of retreat from the start.
      So you're saying its one third or less as a fact? Because I'm quite positive i lost 50% one time. I came here looking to see if anyone knew exact figures of ranges and what dictates how much damage units take in a retreat...but it doesn't look like anyone has concrete numerical values of percentage ranges. Also, what would it be based on...Max HP? Current HP? A percentage of the amount of attack or defense damage the enemy does in 1 attack? This is one game that makes no mathmatical sense to me how figures work...Everytime i watch a fight, I try to predict how much health each side should have given defense and attack modifiers and am never able to get it right. Back to my point, if its based on a units current health, its almost always worth retreating just before you know you'll lose that unit for a fact unless you know that unit will not get away. You could essentially get a unit down to 0.1 hp and just take it to heal back up if the retreat won't kill it outright...
    • Burzerke wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

By my observations, it is about 20% of the current HP.
      So, reason i don't believe that is i had 2 units in my current game that i was fighting with that had about 22.6 hp left of mobilized infantry, i retreated in order to save an undefended city from someone who came from the sea and when i retreated, i lost a unit and ended up with 11.3 hp...
      I think it has a curve, u'll lose more (percentage) hp when the unit has more hp, but less (percentage)with a low-hp one.
      Or so I guesses at least.
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • JohnFKennedy wrote:

I think [loss upon retreating] has a curve, u'll lose more (percentage) hp when the unit has more hp
      I've just observed a little experiment to prove that this is not the case, at least up to HP=34 (that is a stack of 1CRV+1MotInf+1NG).
      Retreating caused 21.0% loss to a stack from HP=34.1, and similarly 21.2% loss to a stack from HP=18.0. That is, nearly the same 20% (within the range of rounding error and RNG) which I've reported earlier for smaller starting HPs (down to 1).

There is no curve, and normally one would not see a drastic loss claimed above. To me it seems likely that the poster's unit had additional losses (like a ranged hit, or multiple combat ticks before retreating) besides that due to the retreat itself.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • Zozo001 wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

I think [loss upon retreating] has a curve, u'll lose more (percentage) hp when the unit has more hp
      I've just observed a little experiment to prove that this is not the case, at least up to HP=34 (that is a stack of 1CRV+1MotInf+1NG).Retreating caused 21.0% loss to a stack from HP=34.1, and similarly 21.2% loss to a stack from HP=18.0. That is, nearly the same 20% (within the range of rounding error and RNG) which I've reported earlier for smaller starting HPs (down to 1).

There is no curve, and normally one would not see a drastic loss claimed above. To me it seems likely that the poster's unit had additional losses (like a ranged hit, or multiple combat ticks before retreating) besides that due to the retreat itself.
      Wow! Great thanks! I am too lazy to do sth like this tho I have certainly thought to do so.

Zozo001 wrote:

...ranged hit...
      Yes, to think of it there was an enemy towed arty there
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • Zozo001 wrote:

Burzerke wrote:

anyone has concrete numerical values of percentage ranges.
      By my observations, it is about 20% of the current HP.
      That been mine too like 20 - 25 pct; but think of total HP of unit. But I dont get in locked down battles, but once in awhile get lazy and have a mop up duty inf run into insurgent or AI.

Example I had a NG run into a AFV this game and think was 6.8 / 20 retreated and went down to like 3.8. Its not current hp because if get below like 20 - 25 pct of unit it wont allow you to retreat. personally a single NG whos job is to cleanup empty provs dont really care if survive with 0.1 /20hp it still does same job as a 20/20hp unit
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp