Motorized infantry mortar damage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Teburu wrote:

Any sort of ranged attack will use the units offensive stats

ngl i was a bit disappointed after reading the thread name to not find the annual "motorized inf is op" thread
      You'll just have to find your cheap thrills that send you screaming and running to your basement in terror somewhere else. ;)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • To give credit, i did test the T3 Mortar infantry in 4X and it works exactly as they said. People are too inactive to counter it, and the INCREDIBLY rare occurences where they DO react and attack you, well... It's just INFANTRY ! You're not gonna cry you lost 3-4, right.

I've beaten MRLs build with mortar infantry, in 4X. K/D was not that great, but still, doing K/D of 3-4 with infantry against planes/MBTs/MRLs, it's interesting.

(No need to serve me the "bruh, if they were even remotely good you would have died" ---> it's exactly why i find it amazing. It's the reflect of the game.)

Fun Fact : I reached 10 K/D thanks to the 4X.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Despite them revealing themselves and actively attacking naval units. They do ZERO damage to naval units.
      They do how ever annihilate Tanks, IFV, and literally anything and everyone on the ground that doesn't have a single point in attack range.
      They will deal FULL damage at 20 range, literally making multiple rocket launchers look like complete and utter rubbish, a joke in comparison.

I believe this patch was brought in to clean up games that would drag on, giving players the ability to clear out MASSIVE stacks left by AFK players instead of having the AI break their units into singles and spreading out across the country.

I personally would like to see this concept refined, US Marines are mortar experts but naval infantry don't have mortars, likewise TANKS! have no range despite having over half the max range of a mortar. max ranges of 3000km vs 5500km. By enlarge they are somewhat comparable in strike range and effective range, tanks and mortars and while mortars might slightly outrange a tank. The mobility of a tank far exceeds that of a deployed mortar unit and there is no "deployment". Didn't know they fired mortars off the back of utes :)

Like i said, a patch to solve an issue, not really a viable and reliable strategy to secure a battle.
      If your highly reliant on defensive positions and infantry lategame, you have already lost, its just about speeding up the process.

One of the most frustrating annoyances, as they are cheaply produced with no infrastructure.
      But hey so are republican guard and you can produce way more, its all about supporting casts.