More suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aeneas of Troy wrote:

PerigeeNil wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of having a weapon for ground units to engage naval units.
      The closest thing now would be railguns, but they were seasonal, and they're not exactly what you were after (i.e. they're not solely anti-ship; they don't have the range or survivability you wanted; etc.).I could really get on board with some stationary Homeland defense installations (coastal guns/artillery/missile sites; immovable AA fixtures; etc.), but instituting that without allowing a creeping-style expansion sounds like it would mean a considerable change/addition to game mechanics.
      Maybe a deployable that works? Maybe a temporary anti ship artillery or something like that?
      This is kinda echoing a bunch of other people but a maybe a anti ship artillery building? It could help deter coastal invasions.
      I may or may not exist
    • Ok, in this modern era, cyber warfare is becoming a major factor. While I fully realize that CoN is not meant to be completely accurate, I am wondering if there is a way to implement something to simulate this kind of occurrence using deployables (one that actually might be worth something :D )

This deployable (EW UAV) would be launched from an Electronic Warfare Jet (or AWACS and ASF or something else if preferred), Radar or other ground units, and some type(s) of ship (?). It would be exactly like the SUAV but stealthy and without the attack values. Instead, it would have these abilities:

1. Anti-air jamming- temporarily prevent anti-air from functioning, only point defense remains.

2. Anti-radar jamming- all units that use radar would not be able to see radar contacts if in EWUAV range.

3. Attack locks are broken if in range of the EWUAV. For example if an ASF that was ordered to attack a unit comes into range of the EWUAV it would instead patrol or maybe return to base? (or some other action…not sure what is possible to implement). This applies to any units that are ordered to attack. [this function might not be necessary or possible, just brainstorming]

Of course, other stealth units are immune to these effects and can shoot it down just like stealth UAV.

Thoughts?
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aeneas of Troy ().

• Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Ok, in this modern era, cyber warfare is becoming a major factor. While I fully realize that CoN is not meant to be completely accurate, I am wondering if there is a way to implement something to simulate this kind of occurrence using deployables (one that actually might be worth something :D )

This deployable (EW UAV) would be launched from an Electronic Warfare Jet (or AWACS and ASF or something else if preferred), Radar or other ground units, and some type(s) of ship (?). It would be exactly like the SUAV but stealthy and without the attack values. Instead, it would have these abilities:

1. Anti-air jamming- temporarily prevent anti-air from functioning, only point defense remains.

2. Anti-radar jamming- all units that use radar would not be able to see radar contacts if in EWUAV range.

3. Attack locks are broken if in range of the EWUAV. For example if an ASF that was ordered to attack a unit comes into range of the EWUAV it would instead patrol or maybe return to base? (or some other action…not sure what is possible to implement). This applies to any units that are ordered to attack. [this function might not be necessary or possible, just brainstorming]

Of course, other stealth units are immune to these effects and can shoot it down just like stealth UAV.

Thoughts?
      seems good but how big would the range for jamming be?
      I may or may not exist
    • A_Talking_Crab wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Ok, in this modern era, cyber warfare is becoming a major factor. While I fully realize that CoN is not meant to be completely accurate, I am wondering if there is a way to implement something to simulate this kind of occurrence using deployables (one that actually might be worth something :D )

Thoughts?
      I was thinking about 35 to 50, depending on level. Just like SUAV
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

A_Talking_Crab wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Thoughts?

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

A_Talking_Crab wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Thoughts?
      thanks, yeah it seems like a good idea for a elite unit type thing
      I may or may not exist
    • A_Talking_Crab wrote:

bobqz wrote:

I think I would much rather have hypersonic missiles . Just my thoughts.
      but how would they work?
      Most likely according to Newton's laws of motion.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • A_Talking_Crab wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

A_Talking_Crab wrote:

bobqz wrote:

but how would they work?
      no they break the laws of physics idiot
      I am not familiar with the "laws of physics idiot", are they related to the regular laws of physics, or can't cancrines use commas?
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

A_Talking_Crab wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

A_Talking_Crab wrote:

bobqz wrote:

but how would they work?
      no they break the laws of physics idiot
      I am not familiar with the "laws of physics idiot", are they related to the regular laws of physics, or can't cancrines use commas?
      yes, the physic professor named idiot (he's french by the way)
      I may or may not exist

The post was edited 1 time, last by A_Talking_Crab ().

• A_Talking_Crab wrote:

bobqz wrote:

but how would they work?
      Most likely using the units that already are missile capable. They could be longer range or fly faster. I really don't know but what I read "irl" that is how they are launched. How would cyber warfare work ? Do they jam your communications so your units will not respond to your commands ? How do you counter them ? Build more things and level them up to counter the cyber attack ? I would prefer to have units that I can use on the battlefield , just my thoughts.
      "Retreat hell! We're not retreating ..we're just advancing in a different direction." General Oliver Smith USMC
    • bobqz wrote:

A_Talking_Crab wrote:

bobqz wrote:

but how would they work?
      Most likely using the units that already are missile capable. They could be longer range or fly faster. I really don't know but what I read "irl" that is how they are launched. How would cyber warfare work ? Do they jam your communications so your units will not respond to your commands ? How do you counter them ? Build more things and level them up to counter the cyber attack ? I would prefer to have units that I can use on the battlefield , just my thoughts.
      I was thinking that a deployable Electronic Warfare UAV (EWUAV) would be the unit doing the “cyber attack”. Basically any enemy unit within 35-50 range of the EWUAV would be affected: any enemy radar contacts would disappear, anti-air units would only have point defense but no attack range, and any attack command given to a unit that is affected is automatically changed to a stop or patrol status.

The EWUAV would be classified as a stealthy fixed-wing aircraft (it can be destroyed just like a stealth fighter). If you destroy the EWUAV the cyber attack effects are eliminated. It would also be immobile and time-limited. It could be deployed by certain ground, air, and sea units (not completely sure which ones).

Make sense?
    • Let's make possible to use helicopters from ships?
      Something like this:
      Corvette 3 tech lvl; Frigate, Destroyer and Cruiser 2 tech lvl - 1 helicopter;
      Destroyer and Cruiser 3 tech lvl - 2 helicopters.

Or add helicopter carrier that will cost a bit more than cruiser and will need same buildings to produce it.

And one more idea: if unit can use helicopter to be transported to some distance, it will be great if it will be able to be landed on carrier - they are airports too.
      Что вы остолбенели?! Живо поднять гарнизон! Ну!

The post was edited 1 time, last by jack21c ().

• Berrecy wrote:

Hey guys. Long time reader, first time poster.

Not sure if this type of infantry matches the game in it’s “Modern” context. If we were going down this path ODST or Space Marines would be feasible, but we already have so many options for manevure warfare without them. In this line, I would like to see air deployed forces operate within the appropriate range of a carrier. At this time I cannot get that to work (almost exclusively mobile -layer) but it would improve the utility of carriers and add the surprise element.

My biggest wish for this game would be an improved patrol mechanic. If you aren’t looking at the screen when a unit is in detection range (Radar or visual) you are left unaware of their presence, even though your deployed forced validly detected them. I could see a client side (or server side) implementation where an appropriate detection marker with a time is left for last contact. This wouldn’t need to last long, but would allow for valid patrol coverage of great areas without having to watch constantly.

happy for thoughts and feedback.
      I have have same thoughts about contacts during patrol. I see two types of realization this idea:
      1) notification: by what unit, where and what were in contact, with information over what province. Possibly, first and last contact.
      2) image of current type of unit in the point of last contact with information of the time of contact (like spy information in Call of War, of you know this game).
      Что вы остолбенели?! Живо поднять гарнизон! Ну!
    • jack21c wrote:

Let's make possible to use helicopters from ships?
      Something like this:
      Corvette 3 tech lvl; Frigate, Destroyer and Cruiser 2 tech lvl - 1 helicopter;
      Destroyer and Cruiser 3 tech lvl - 2 helicopters.

Or add helicopter carrier that will cost a bit more than cruiser and will need same buildings to produce it.

And one more idea: if unit can use helicopter to be transported to some distance, it will be great if it will be able to be landed on aircraft - they are airports too.
      Legacy code.jpg
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Aeneas of Troy wrote:

bobqz wrote:

A_Talking_Crab wrote:

bobqz wrote:

but how would they work?
      I was thinking that a deployable Electronic Warfare UAV (EWUAV) would be the unit doing the “cyber attack”. Basically any enemy unit within 35-50 range of the EWUAV would be affected: any enemy radar contacts would disappear, anti-air units would only have point defense but no attack range, and any attack command given to a unit that is affected is automatically changed to a stop or patrol status.
      The EWUAV would be classified as a stealthy fixed-wing aircraft (it can be destroyed just like a stealth fighter). If you destroy the EWUAV the cyber attack effects are eliminated. It would also be immobile and time-limited. It could be deployed by certain ground, air, and sea units (not completely sure which ones).

Make sense?
      That sounds very well thought out . I think I like it !
      "Retreat hell! We're not retreating ..we're just advancing in a different direction." General Oliver Smith USMC