More suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• More suggestions

After hours of pondering, I have come to a dreadful conclusion

I am out of ideas to suggest in the forums

This is an avengers-level threat. I need to constantly supply suggestions but if I run out of ideas the entire system falls apart. That is why I am asking YOU for help. Please suggest ideas that are plausible and realistic and I may turn them into fully fleshed-out suggestion threads. If you would like, I will give credit to you if I choose to develop an idea
      Yee Haw
    • Nothing like it in RL, but what about "Missile Deployed Troops" of some kind? Load up a missile with a new troop payload package, fire the missile, then when it impacts the troops* are deployed.

*no idea what kind would be appropriate, and no, not suggesting UGVs
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Smallsword wrote:

Field Artillery Officer... ( I liked your Experienced bomber Officer idea.)

specs?

I was thinking that the officer would have radar as part of his perk...
      The concept of Field Artillery Officer and the Bomber Officer I proposed suffer because of the lack of different damage types. Implementation would be awkward and result in the Officer being used in ways that are not being intended as a result. Artillery and anti air really do need an officer though because quite frankly I feel like a tank commander only being used to support units outside his expertise is just wrong
      Yee Haw
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Nothing like it in RL, but what about "Missile Deployed Troops" of some kind? Load up a missile with a new troop payload package, fire the missile, then when it impacts the troops* are deployed.

*no idea what kind would be appropriate, and no, not suggesting UGVs
      Not sure about squishy troops being dropped out of a missile… Maybe some sort of Mechanical unit since that what Dorado has been suggesting
      Alternatively it could work as “Torpedo Deployed Troops” based on the tiny submarine Special Forces use IRL. It would be launched by a ship and when it impacts the port or path the troops are instantly disembarked on land.
      Yee Haw
    • Hey guys. Long time reader, first time poster.

Not sure if this type of infantry matches the game in it’s “Modern” context. If we were going down this path ODST or Space Marines would be feasible, but we already have so many options for manevure warfare without them. In this line, I would like to see air deployed forces operate within the appropriate range of a carrier. At this time I cannot get that to work (almost exclusively mobile -layer) but it would improve the utility of carriers and add the surprise element.

My biggest wish for this game would be an improved patrol mechanic. If you aren’t looking at the screen when a unit is in detection range (Radar or visual) you are left unaware of their presence, even though your deployed forced validly detected them. I could see a client side (or server side) implementation where an appropriate detection marker with a time is left for last contact. This wouldn’t need to last long, but would allow for valid patrol coverage of great areas without having to watch constantly.

happy for thoughts and feedback.
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

Just to what everyone else does and assume the entire world is created anew each morning, and start repeating every old suggestion.

I recommend starting with "IRL I'm an expert at being under satellites when they fly over, and to balance the game, on Day 1, I think that each coalition of 6 or more players whose player-IDs start with 'user' should be able to launch a satellite that reports all troop movements in countries or ocean provinces whose owners are rank 3.14159, or higher."
    • KFGauss wrote:

Colonel Waffles wrote:

Just to what everyone else does and assume the entire world is created anew each morning, and start repeating every old suggestion.
      I recommend starting with "IRL I'm an expert at being under satellites when they fly over, and to balance the game, on Day 1, I think that each coalition of 6 or more players whose player-IDs start with 'user' should be able to launch a satellite that reports all troop movements in countries or ocean provinces whose owners are rank 3.14159, or higher."
      I already do that to an extent

If I feel it is necessary, I rephrase an old suggestion of mine in a way that is different and ultimately better. Especially since some of my best suggestions were posted when I was still relatively new to the game
      Yee Haw
    • Colonel Waffles wrote:

I already do that to an extent
      If I feel it is necessary, I rephrase an old suggestion of mine in a way that is different and ultimately better. Especially since some of my best suggestions were posted when I was still relatively new to the game
      In those cases please just "bump" the previous thread by adding any pertinent NEW information.

There nothing some readers hate more than wading through the same old pontificating about a subject that has already been beaten to death. One beating is enough. There is no need to pretend the old beating didn't happen and that a new beating is needed.

PS: If there is nothing new to add, then obviously just leave the topic alone. It's already been discussed.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

what would you do with deployable gear? Give me something useful
      I guess spam UGV to knock out insurgents if in Season 6
      Otherwise, spam those buggy things all over the place to destroy AI and everything not having enough air defense
      Although now that I've learned that those things work like a missile, I'm quite disappointed in the unit, even the idea wasn't even thought to be implemented correctly. Just "nope, couldn't do it" I guess. So annoying. But yes, that's what I'd use it for, and it would destroy any random infantry that I don't need to waste real stuff on.

Or maybe... an actually useful unit using deployable gears will come out sometime...
    • Maybe a deployable anti-ship missile. It should have enough hp to survive a couple frigates and a range of 100-150. And it’s sole job is to sink ships, with enough damage capability to be worth it.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • A couple of cruise missiles should do the job for dealing with most ships, with the exception of frigs (and maybe cruisers?). Perhaps the addition of torpedoes would fill that niche? Would consume warheads and can be countered by destroyers. I know it’s been suggested before, but I think that would be a better option than anti-ship missiles.
      The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. - George S. Patton
    • Fusion7857 wrote:

A couple of cruise missiles should do the job for dealing with most ships, with the exception of frigs (and maybe cruisers?). Perhaps the addition of torpedoes would fill that niche? Would consume warheads and can be countered by destroyers. I know it’s been suggested before, but I think that would be a better option than anti-ship missiles.
      I was thinking more along the lines of having a weapon for ground units to engage naval units. Ship vs ship combat is fine as it is but maybe there should be a way for ground unit to more effectively defend the coast.

And “most ships” lol…Destroyers and corvettes? Frigates and cruisers are far more dangerous along the coast; cruise missiles aren’t efficient or efficient against them.

And torpedoes are already inferred by submarine combat…no reason to add them. Otherwise you might as well add shells, sidewinders, bullets, etc to all other units- not gonna happen.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aeneas of Troy ().

• Aeneas of Troy wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of having a weapon for ground units to engage naval units.
      The closest thing now would be railguns, but they were seasonal, and they're not exactly what you were after (i.e. they're not solely anti-ship; they don't have the range or survivability you wanted; etc.).

I could really get on board with some stationary Homeland defense installations (coastal guns/artillery/missile sites; immovable AA fixtures; etc.), but instituting that without allowing a creeping-style expansion sounds like it would mean a considerable change/addition to game mechanics.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of having a weapon for ground units to engage naval units.
      The closest thing now would be railguns, but they were seasonal, and they're not exactly what you were after (i.e. they're not solely anti-ship; they don't have the range or survivability you wanted; etc.).
      I could really get on board with some stationary Homeland defense installations (coastal guns/artillery/missile sites; immovable AA fixtures; etc.), but instituting that without allowing a creeping-style expansion sounds like it would mean a considerable change/addition to game mechanics.
      Maybe a deployable that works? Maybe a temporary anti ship artillery or something like that?