What happens to conquered land when you join a coalition?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What happens to conquered land when you join a coalition?

I am wondering what would happen if I conquered someones territory and city then joined their coalition.
      I understand that if you are already in a coalition with someone and they have lost territory to the enemy you can go and claim it and it defaults back to the homeland but wasn't sure if that counts if it's you that takes the territory,

Cheers
    • fboy4866 wrote:

I am wondering what would happen if I conquered someones territory and city then joined their coalition.
      I understand that if you are already in a coalition with someone and they have lost territory to the enemy you can go and claim it and it defaults back to the homeland but wasn't sure if that counts if it's you that takes the territory,
      If you're planning to go into a coalition with someone whose territory you still hold from a previous war, you're better off giving it back to them before you join up. If he controls his own homeland, it'll generate more resources than if you hold it, so it helps the coalition if you give it up first - you can't give it to him later without one of you leaving the coalition and going to war.