Econ structures

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Econ structures

Gamemaster...

Please give us some more econ structures.

Some more structures we can fan with your game money.

Roads - Make two levels of road. Econ and Military.

Military roads = 1 game point, movement factor 4x
      Econ roads = 2 game points, movement factor 2x

Marketplace structures

Add Marketplace structure can now be built in Suburban provinces.
      Market place structure creates xx money per turn

Add: Marketplace and stock markets can now be built in Cities.
      Marketplace structure creates xx money per turn
      Stock Market structure creates can have three levels creating 2x, 3x and 4x the money production for the cities marketplace.

Power plants - Can now be built in cities
      Coal Power Plant - Increases arms industry production by 3x, Has a money per turn cost of xx, has a negative moral to city cost of xx
      Nuclear Power Plant - Increases arms industry production by 4x, Has a money per turn cost of xx, has a negative moral to city cost of xx
      Solar power plant - Increases arms industry production by 2x, has no money cost per turn, has no negative moral to city cost per turn

Farms - Create a certain number of farms provinces in each country.
      Farms produce food
      City population eat food at an xx rate per day.
      Military unit eat food at an xx rate per day. (Create a table for the different units)
      Moral penalty when foods value goes negative.
      Penalty to military unit strength when food value goes negative.
      City populations can go negative from lack of food.
      Lack of food has a negative xx factor on arms industry production
      Create some structures that will increase food production.

The population size of a city is used to calculate a production modifier for arms industry in that city.

The game needs some guns vs butter modifiers.

City defense units - Stationary
      Cities should have a home guard units - Unit can't move and is stationed in the city. Allow for unit upgrade on tech tree. This unit will have a moral factor on the city it resides in.
      Occupation Guard Unit - Captured cities should have a guard unit as well. This unit is required to keep order in captured cities. This unit will have a moral factor on the city it resides in.
      Cities should have a home guard Flak Anti Air unit - Unit can't move and is stationed in the city. Allow for unit upgrade on tech tree.

"I'm a Banker, and not a Butcher"

The post was edited 1 time, last by JimmyMaestro ().

• JimmyMaestro wrote:

Gamemaster...

Marketplace structures

Stock Market structure creates can have three levels creating 2x, 3x and 4x the money production for the cities marketplace.

Coal Power Plant - Increases arms industry production by 3x, Has a money per turn cost of xx, has a negative moral to city cost of xx
      Nuclear Power Plant - Increases arms industry production by 4x, Has a money per turn cost of xx, has a negative moral to city cost of xx
      Solar power plant - Increases arms industry production by 2x, has no money cost per turn, has no negative moral to city cost per turn

Farms produce food
      Military unit eat food at an xx rate per day. (Create a table for the different units)

The population size of a city is used to calculate a production modifier for arms industry in that city.

Cities should have a home guard units - Unit can't move and is stationed in the city. Allow for unit upgrade on tech tree. This unit will have a moral factor on the city it resides in.
      Occupation Guard Unit - Captured cities should have a guard unit as well. This unit is required to keep order in captured cities. This unit will have a moral factor on the city it resides in.
      Cities should have a home guard Flak Anti Air unit - Unit can't move and is stationed in the city. Allow for unit upgrade on tech tree.
      After careful evaluation of your ideas, I have determined that you wish to play Civilization and not CoN.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I think mine are the best. These are so well conceived that I fully expect these to be implemented by January 2022. :D

CIA Headquarters
      -building that allows the production of new hacking deployable that can hack into enemy systems. Only one headquarters allowed.
      -Each hacking deployable can give a single order to foreign stack in radar range. Examples include: ordering foreign naval stack to fire upon a third party causing war to break out between the two nations, launching foreign missiles, moving foreign stacks to new location, etc. All without permission!!!!

Nuclear Power Plant
      -building allows 200% resource increase in provinces
      -morale -15%
      -if morale drops to 40% then 25% population drop in all provinces and cities within 1000 range. Chernobyl!!!!

Illegal Immigrants
      [b][/b]-a new type of rouge state that spawns when regular rouge state spawns.
      -has 0 attack, 2 defense value. Can use naval transport.
      -flees rouge state immediately and towards nearby cites with the highest “most beloved nation” rating.
      -Will build ghettos (25% defense) in cities it enters (including yours!) and give 10% population boost and -15 morale to city.

Biological Warfare Laboratory

-building allows the use of new spy agent that specifically targets population in the province or city in which the agent is assigned. Simulates the chaos of an economic shutdown associated with an artificial virus let loose on civilians.

These brilliant ideas are only a small sample of an immense list of other ideas of equal brilliance, elegance, and diversity that reside in my august head. As such, “You have no idea of what I am capable of” =O
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

JimmyMaestro wrote:

Gamemaster...

Marketplace structures

Farms produce food

After careful evaluation of your ideas, I have determined that you wish to play Civilization and not CoN.
      Just want to see more balance in the Econ/Military in the game. I graduated from Civ several years ago.
      Civ is a deluxe chess like game. Take turns and see results. Not a live enough experience. Civ was a nice stepping stone in my gaming experiences.

There needs to be room for Econ heavy players on this games. Victory points for building straight up. Not just wonton illogical conquest that could not be sustained in the real world. This game is light in revolt risk. A little at the conquest and gone too soon thereafter.

Would be nice to have a higher population cap with more structures available. Victory points now cap at 15 per city. No reason this could not be pushed up some more.

"I'm a Banker, and not a Butcher"

The post was edited 1 time, last by JimmyMaestro ().

• JimmyMaestro wrote:

There needs to be room for Econ heavy players on this games. Victory points for building straight up. Not just wonton illogical conquest that could not be sustained in the real world. This game is light in revolt risk. A little at the conquest and gone too soon thereafter.

Would be nice to have a higher population cap with more structures available. Victory points now cap at 15 per city. No reason this could not be pushed up some more.
      This game's not really about that. It's a war game, giving you a selection of different military unit types and testing players to use them in the best configuration and positioning/deployment possible to beat their opponent.

I do agree with you that pure conquest is not the most satisfactory of victory conditions, though, and I would be interested in the addition of some different game-modes that had different (still military-based) requirements for winning. For example, Victory Points could be awarded for enemy units destroyed, wars won, total share of global military power, etc. without necessarily requiring conquest to achieve it. It wouldn't be an easy thing to get right, perhaps, but I would be pleased if that sort of gameplay could be explored in more depth.