Helo Players: What is your go to mixed stack?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Helo Players: What is your go to mixed stack?

I am low to middling in my Helo usage, compared to say MRLS usage, (usually I use a 2 elite with 3 GS, but my mobile account doesn't have access to elites) so I was hoping for some advice on Helo mixed stacks in the early game.

Specifically these scenarios, and I mean early to mid game, I am perfectly aware of the devastating benefit of a pure Elite T3 stack

Best Mixed stack: #AH & #GS?

Best Mixed stack: #AH & #GS &FWO?

Best Mixed stack: #AH & #GS & Elites?

Best Mixed stack: #AH & #GS & Elites & FWO?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • 3|2 or 2|3
      idk why but i prefer 2|3 just feels better, but since gunships have the tendency to take a majority of the dmg you want to minimize how many you have in a mixed stack, so if you replace a heli to make more room for a different unit in that stack i usually replace a gunship

2|2|1 for officer

2|1|2 if i have enough elite or just not that many heli stacks; otherwise its 2|2|1 like the officer

2|1|1|1 having 2 elite helis in that stack might be better than two attack helis tho

TBH i think Kalrakh can tell you by far the most about that; iirc he even has a spreedsheet about helis? :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Air: 1 Air Supp/ 4 SF --- damn Air supp absorbs all damage and can help if get jumped by other air supp early in game. once hes like 50 pct health swap out with fresh airs supp and send him back to central airbase with high lvl hospital to recharge.

Later in game lvl 6 or 7 SF can hold own in air then go 5 SF. Have a 1 backup 5 Air supp to step in if someone actually has better air.

Navy: 1 Naval officer / 4 Frigs....no one can touch you from air and unless a 5 cruiser stack can whoop them. Back up 5 frig stack trailing to 2 v 1 attack if big stack. Have never lost a navy battle with this. If big battle the frig takes damage and if lose one... bring in new 4th frig.

Ground: Not a ground stacker... that's WW1 tactics. But I guess 1 TD; 1 AfV; 1 Recon; 4 or 5 NG or Inf. (only if desert warfare in mideast type maps) If heavy ground opponent lvl 6 inf can get first volley. But hate ground wars. I'm chasing perfect game (no lost prov/cities; no lost units) as don't understand guys who smash 100 pct into 80 pct and happy to be left with 20 pct. By end of game I have so many units as I don't lose them. Last game think lost 1 air supp as calculated sacrifice; 1 Frig in battle against bigger stack. Don't think lost any ground units as don't engage in huge stack battles as cost not worth it retreat and take by air or navy.

Iraq had largest standing ground army in world and got smoked in a month after bombarded by air and sea. ground war lasted 3 days.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• sorry missed helo part... short answer helos too slow...too short range..no air defense. Love when someone comes at me with helo stack at 400 range and what 6 speed. helos only good first week of game.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Helicopters...

When I use helicopters I don't have a constant mix make-up... I try to tailor a heli stack for each target.

I try to use pure stacks as often as possible (for pure stack soft or hard targets)
      I'll just split one off before it gets to the death threshold.

If it's a mixed target I'll tailor to it... if its one AFV and 4 inf I'll use 4 gunships and one attack heli... for ex.
      Then reconfigure the heli stack before the next strike... cycle the AH out for another one, perhaps.... or depending on what survives I might come back with 3 AH and 2 gunship... or whatever
      I never just keep a stack of heli and attack multiple times with it unless it is necessary to do so or it is still the ideal stack for the target.

I usually have UAV to give me the intel...

BUT... if I need the best all-around-beast-max-damage for what I've usually built ... Air Ace- Heli officer-AH-Gunship-ASF.