I don’t research motorized infantry: Does that make me weird?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Great. How about Philippines, then? They're not quite as formidable as UK, Japan, Indonesia, or Australia. New Zealand doesn't necessarily start out stronger than Philippines, but it sounds like Buckeye just won with them very recently (so he can tell you about that).

It's relatively late here now, so I'll start a PI game (and accompanying thread) in the morning.
    • KFGauss wrote:

How about picking an island that needs a strong Navy, along with a transition to ground troops when expanding inland?

Britain, Japan, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, Philippines

Am I forgetting any?
      I love island nations as play strong navy plus air. strong navy allows footholds and wreck coastal homelands. When go inland its 100 pct air superiority and troops conquer after. Fight near coast and if enemy has decent airforce bait him back to coast and 4 frig / 1 officer stack will take out planes.

I just played NZ and won apoc x 4.

Have with with Aussie on apoc x 4. Probably best island nation.

Have won Euro map with England but don't like it as too close to mainland.

Never played Japan but think would be good. Take Korean peninsula; china always seems like bad players (they always pick huge countries).

Indonesia is pretty spread out and hard territory. I hate conquering Indo.

Philippines - think similiar to Indo.

Cuba another good island nation.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • 5 city island natuons and you have the best navy? Amazing. Normkly with only 1 components homeland city you need 20 days to have decent fleet.

I hate island nations. No way of knowing what is out there coming towards you. I hardly close my eyes before i have NOA patroling in a 8 hour travel cricle around my homeland.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

5 city island natuons and you have the best navy? Amazing. Normkly with only 1 components homeland city you need 20 days to have decent fleet.

I hate island nations. No way of knowing what is out there coming towards you. I hardly close my eyes before i have NOA patroling in a 8 hour travel cricle around my homeland.
      Dont build armor early on. Strike fighters only take 900 components. Frigs 2k but thats about all spend components on. Plus im scooping up all cheap components early than Im eating up territory fast to Build economy through conquest. I never play with big countries except Australia.

Last game was unlocked research so cant start day 1 but need fact have to research vettes first sucks but they are all supplies. yeah after day 10 they are useless except guarding ports and sub detection. But Day 4 if you have a few frigs and 3 vettes you are king of the sea.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp