Increase range of Elite/AIP subs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Increase range of Elite/AIP subs

I'd like to see the range of Elite/AIP subs increased at L3 please. It remains at 50 throughout all upgrades and I feel it is deserving of being at 75 at max level. It would still be outranged by all other T3 naval units.

Also, a thought that just came to me: perhaps lower the naval base requirement by one level to require L4 (instead of L5) + the L2 Secret Weapons Lab...
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • GeneralLangmoen wrote:

But the AIP sub still has a special type of stealth making it very hard to detect, and it does 19 damage against surface, so I think it looks fairly balanced.

Teburu wrote:

not really a fan of increasing the range of it; would imo decrease the risk involved too much

elite sub already pretty much subverts how naval combat usually happens simply by virtue of being only detectable in sightrange (while said range is smaller then its attack range)
      I'm 98% confident that this special stealth is either not present in these subs, it's broken, or there's something else I or you guys are missing here. They are no invisible to sonar. My stack of 5 just got almost wiped out by a stack of naval officer + cruisers + destroyers. Only one remains and is currently being hunted by said stack. I can infer from that this the subs are not invisible to sonar, no?
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • Sima wrote:

GeneralLangmoen wrote:

But the AIP sub still has a special type of stealth making it very hard to detect, and it does 19 damage against surface, so I think it looks fairly balanced.

Teburu wrote:

not really a fan of increasing the range of it; would imo decrease the risk involved too much

elite sub already pretty much subverts how naval combat usually happens simply by virtue of being only detectable in sightrange (while said range is smaller then its attack range)
      I'm 98% confident that this special stealth is either not present in these subs, it's broken, or there's something else I or you guys are missing here. They are no invisible to sonar. My stack of 5 just got almost wiped out by a stack of naval officer + cruisers + destroyers. Only one remains and is currently being hunted by said stack. I can infer from that this the subs are not invisible to sonar, no?
      Once you fire, you are locatable, so you must shoot and scoot. It keeps your location until you clear sonar range.

In fact, IIRC, it will keep on "firing" on you until you are clear of sonar range for no damage even if you clear attack range, but are still in sonar range after you attack
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Sima wrote:

GeneralLangmoen wrote:

Teburu wrote:

they lose sonar signature on lvl 2
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I didn't attack. The subs were en route to a their destination and fire control was set on normal/default. Not to mention, that they couldn't have possibly attacked the ships that killed them since all of the opposing ships outrange them and none entered the subs' firing range.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

So, you did not see it happen? might also been uncovered by NPA or such untis
      I only saw the stack down to 1 unit from 5 and being hunted by an enemy naval stack. My subs were on default fire control as mentioned. My only assumption is that they were spotted in the sight range of the enemy navy...? Idk.
    • Sima wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

I only saw the stack down to 1 unit from 5 and being hunted by an enemy naval stack. My subs were on default fire control as mentioned. My only assumption is that they were spotted in the sight range of the enemy navy...? Idk.
      Corvettes possibly?
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Sima wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Corvettes possibly?
      I think it was the stack with the Naval Officer and that one had a destroyer as well, but it must have been within sight range, coz the subs were lvl 3
    • Sima wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Sima wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Corvettes possibly?
      I think it was the stack with the Naval Officer and that one had a destroyer as well, but it must have been within sight range, coz the subs were lvl 3
      You want the unit changed based off of you not knowing what happened? All you know is you lost some subs that you weren't paying attention too. Your first mistake is leaving your subs on default instead of hold fire. Were your subs moving or stationary? Were you paying attention to if you were in deep water or not?

Elite subs are a unit that must be micro managed to be effective. Your attack range is 50 and destroyer sight range is 40....the elite subs are already extremely powerful at lvl 3 and increasing their attack to 75 would be over the top. When you ran into that stack what should have happened is you sneak up and get a hit on them and then if they are online and trying to get to deep water you can opt to light them up with cruise missiles or if they don't appear to be online wait for your reload and take another 95hp. Once again this unit has to be micro managed. The answer is not for Dorado to change the unit to account for your lack of attention but rather for you to pay more attention to your elite subs. I feel like your elite subs deserve a profile here on the forums where they can post and ask for an elite user to control them so that they can perform up to their potential.
    • Nubluk wrote:

Sima wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Sima wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Corvettes possibly?
      You want the unit changed based off of you not knowing what happened? All you know is you lost some subs that you weren't paying attention too. Your first mistake is leaving your subs on default instead of hold fire. Were your subs moving or stationary? Were you paying attention to if you were in deep water or not?
      Elite subs are a unit that must be micro managed to be effective. Your attack range is 50 and destroyer sight range is 40....the elite subs are already extremely powerful at lvl 3 and increasing their attack to 75 would be over the top. When you ran into that stack what should have happened is you sneak up and get a hit on them and then if they are online and trying to get to deep water you can opt to light them up with cruise missiles or if they don't appear to be online wait for your reload and take another 95hp. Once again this unit has to be micro managed. The answer is not for Dorado to change the unit to account for your lack of attention but rather for you to pay more attention to your elite subs. I feel like your elite subs deserve a profile here on the forums where they can post and ask for an elite user to control them so that they can perform up to their potential.
      I didn't initially fully understand its stealth nuances, that it cannot be detected even by sonar. Just never paid attention to that specific detail. I thought it just packs more of a punch in shallow waters than any other ship in shallow waters. I admit that I was hasty to request a change before knowing that, but how can you reasonably expect anyone to know what they don't know until they know it? And you're right, I should have been online when I set them on the risky venture of crossing the Atlantic. We all do need to sleep though and sometimes the risk must be taken.

That said, I explicitly resent your condescending tone, assuming I'm entirely incompetent/ignorant of simple and basic mechanics of a game that I have more experience playing than you've possibly been alive. If you didn't know that about me, perhaps you should have tempered your tantrum until you knew more about me, laddie! Anyway, I think it's time for your meds.

Hope you grow out of... whatever it is. You should definitely look into anger management for starters.
    • With all due respect, Nubluk is a rank 120 with a k/d of 4.39 vs players and 18.37 vs ai. Out of the 135 games he has played, he boasts an impressive 23 solo victories and 82 coalition victories. I would like to have whatever meds he is taking :thumbsup:
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

With all due respect, Nubluk is a rank 120 with a k/d of 4.39 vs players and 18.37 vs ai. Out of the 135 games he has played, he boasts an impressive 23 solo victories and 82 coalition victories. I would like to have whatever meds he is taking :thumbsup:
      Oh! Well, then. I suppose that makes it okay for him to treat people like they're dumbasses!

Even though I seem to stand corrected on his experience in the game (which I solely judged based on his profile here on the forums - my apologies for the presumption there), that still doesn't mean he may be as condescending as he was... or at least as condescending as I perceived him to be.

Time for my meds :saint:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sima ().

• Sima,

Nubluk used some provocative silly language regarding Elite subs having elite players to control them in his efforts to help you.
      You learned the Elite AIP does more damage in the shallow water territories.
      He never personally attacked you.

People use provocative language to help you remember the lessons learned.

If Nubluk said something about wishing AIP subs could project rainbows into the sky, launch unicorns to defeat the chosen and fire butterflies in order to fly into range to reveal stealth units. Would the information have stuck without a little zing or pinch?
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

Sima,

Nubluk used some provocative silly language regarding Elite subs having elite players to control them in his efforts to help you.
      You learned the Elite AIP does more damage in the shallow water territories.
      He never personally attacked you.

People use provocative language to help you remember the lessons learned.

If Nubluk said something about wishing AIP subs could project rainbows into the sky, launch unicorns to defeat the chosen and fire butterflies in order to fly into range to reveal stealth units. Would the information have stuck without a little zing or pinch?
      There were many assumptions he made about my ignorance of everything he was pointing out, things that I already knew - the only piece of information I was ignorant of is the sonar sig loss at lvl 2. I find that to be presumptuously condescending. His intentions are irrelevant. And, no, not all information "sinks" in better with a "little zing or pinch". Is that what your school teachers did, they added zing and punch to everything you learned?