1 hour to 2 hour game.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1 hour to 2 hour game.

I enjoy the current slow pace of conflict of nations games, it is the most unique quality of the game. However, I believe that Con could attract more players by having much faster 1 to 2 hour games avalible on a 30 player European map. It will allow seasoned veterans to test out new tactics and it will attract more players. Many new players tend to get impatient when they see the time required to finish a CON match. However, a 1 to 2 hour game will definitely bring a fast paced and exctiting gamemode for new players.
    • You could always play 2.5 4X games simultaneously. :thumbsup:

More seriously, for every person who wants a faster-than-4X game, I suspect that there is another person (or two) who would rather Dorado invest in other ways to improve the game. For example, me.

And more seriously still. Why the heck can't fast game fans just tack an "I agree" comment on the end of one of the many existing faster-games threads, instead of creating a new thread every week or two?
    • KFGauss wrote:

You could always play 2.5 4X games simultaneously. :thumbsup:

More seriously, for every person who wants a faster-than-4X game, I suspect that there is another person (or two) who would rather Dorado invest in other ways to improve the game. For example, me.

And more seriously still. Why the heck can't fast game fans just tack an "I agree" comment on the end of one of the many existing faster-games threads, instead of creating a new thread every week or two?
      Fast game fans don't have time to search the forums for a thread that corresponds to what they want to post as they need to get back to their fast paced game(s). 1x players for sure have time to do this though.
    • KFGauss wrote:

You could always play 2.5 4X games simultaneously. :thumbsup:

I actually enjoy the 1x better than 4x because it doesn't obstruct my sleep or my work. For 1x you can be sure most of the time that half of you country won't be decimated if you log back on. However, I am making this suggestion because I want a game I can finish in a single go.
    • When/if you use the forum search function you find ample opportunities to add your voice to everyone else who has suggested this exact same thing, and you also find some of logistical problems Dorado/Bytro face/encountered described.

However, if you think that being one more lonely voice in the Internet wilderness is effective, I suppose starting a new thread is the way to go. I generally prefer to add my support to existing suggestions because contemplating starting repetitive threads makes me feel like I would be spamming rather than encouraging.
    • Even on small map you need 14 - 21 game days to win. A 2 hr game would have to be like x 100 speed. Well x 24 speed would get you 2 game days in 2 hrs so i guess even x 100 would get you 8 days. So yeah fire up the x 300 speed games ;( Do you realize how fast you would have to react to stuff.

Even x 4 games you cant even sleep without missing a day.

Now a better concept may be a time zone game. Like a EST Map where game pauses 12am to 8 am EST.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp