Officers, Support units and Armor Class

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I am curious too, and why the navy officer is not number 1. If you are at a high enough level (essentially, to get the 100 range) the navy officer is essentially a high level cruiser, destroyer, and frigate mixed into one unit, and gives the rest of your stack a 30/35% offense/defense bonus. The beauty of the navy officer is you can mix and match any of the boats and have a pretty powerful stack. It has the air defense, submarine/sonar detection, and ship hunting abilities of each naval unit.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

A heavy air / bomber officer would be a good addition.

I always just use the bonus to the ranged attack unit to soften the enemies units to pulp then split the officer, have it join what ever ground units that are protecting / attacking with the ranged units, go in and pop the enemy units like zits. Repeat and adjust as needed.

The officers I feel you get the most bang for the buck?

1. Infantry officer.
      2. Naval Officer.
      3. Helicopter / Fixed wing Air Ace.
      Out of curiosity: Why is infantry your number one? My list would be quite the other way around, while probably putting tank ace officer beside infantry officer
      Less resources to build, less buildings required. It is fast unit that can take territory quickly. Capable of air lift, the numbers (attack, defense, HP, etc). One of the first available officers I can get out in the field and have an impact on my game.

Kalrakh, I am curious about your preferred officers or list and reasons why?
    • The Naval Officer is arguably the best unit in the entire game.

You can produce it at an incredibly early stage of infrastructure ... it gives bonuses... has sonar/anit-air... and at T2 has the best stealth offered.

I've taken out entire stacks of max range cruiser/destroyers with a solo T2 naval officer... took a lot of activity... but for my exclusively frigate navy + officer build it was my only hope... my opponent was active and proficient in naval tactics... each hit cost me 2 ships or more... the officers stealth allowed me to whittle the cruisers down while never being caught.

The Tank officer as noted already is incredibly versatile in what it can boost... and the boosts are huge.

I like towed artillery, I just wish that the tank officer could also boost it's damage stats...
      At a certain rank the tank officer can air assault... and that is the whole appeal of towed artillery
      To pair them would be incredible.

The airmobile officer just doesn't compare to the tank officers bonus'... and that's the option for an air-assaulting TA currently.

Proposal:

If there was to be a Field Artillery Officer... It would make sense as an elite towed artillery... soft unit... that can increase the range of soft units, which would distinguish it from the tank officer's pairings...
      So, towed artillery and mortar capable infantry could get a range increase bonus from this officer as well as perhaps speed/damage.
      This officer should have radar as well... and of course it needs to be able to air assault.
    • Nrb1000 wrote:

I am curious too, and why the navy officer is not number 1. If you are at a high enough level (essentially, to get the 100 range) the navy officer is essentially a high level cruiser, destroyer, and frigate mixed into one unit, and gives the rest of your stack a 30/35% offense/defense bonus. The beauty of the navy officer is you can mix and match any of the boats and have a pretty powerful stack. It has the air defense, submarine/sonar detection, and ship hunting abilities of each naval unit.
      There are games where I feel a naval officer should be built first. Heck, my first experiment with officers was the naval officer. Good ole' Captain Harpoon. For example a neighboring country who I have no relations with building naval bases fast.

How do I win the game? Taking cities and territory which has a certain victory point value and resources to build my country's infrastructure and units.

What does the infantry officer do? It takes territory and resources fast.

I need a lot of resources to build a naval officer.
    • 1. Fixed Wing Ace: ASF are pretty much a must have if you have no dedicated air guy in team and ASF with FWA in stack dispatch pretty much everything that has no AA unit, if necessary

2. Rotary Wing Ace: As choppers are my favorite units, this officer is kind of a must have for me (if I play choppers of course)

3. Naval Officer: If I go navy he is a must have of course, but I am generally not much of a navy guy

4. Tank Officer: His buff is nice, if you go for artillery, but getting armor units just to get him, is sometimes to much of a bother.

5. Infantry Officer: Getting a officer to conquer, is quite the overkill. He gives a nice speed bonus to artillery stack, but honestly I rarely bother to get him. Maybe I neglected him to much, though most maps are so boring I hardly bother with to much anyway.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

1. Fixed Wing Ace: ASF are pretty much a must have if you have no dedicated air guy in team and ASF with FWA in stack dispatch pretty much everything that has no AA unit, if necessary

2. Rotary Wing Ace: As choppers are my favorite units, this officer is kind of a must have for me (if I play choppers of course)

3. Naval Officer: If I go navy he is a must have of course, but I am generally not much of a navy guy

4. Tank Officer: His buff is nice, if you go for artillery, but getting armor units just to get him, is sometimes to much of a bother.

5. Infantry Officer: Getting a officer to conquer, is quite the overkill. He gives a nice speed bonus to artillery stack, but honestly I rarely bother to get him. Maybe I neglected him to much, though most maps are so boring I hardly bother with to much anyway.
      I like the versatility of the FW Ace and Helicopter Ace.
    • Nubluk wrote:

Next officer that is slated to be added is a UGV officer. It will make your elite units even more elite! After that is an awacs officer. Will add sonar, cruise missiles and a speed buff!
      No doubt it will boost the number of deployable gear required to make UGVs in order to enhance the UGV's resource wasting elite power.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Nubluk wrote:

Next officer that is slated to be added is a UGV officer. It will make your elite units even more elite! After that is an awacs officer. Will add sonar, cruise missiles and a speed buff!
      No doubt it will boost the number of deployable gear required to make UGVs in order to enhance the UGV's resource wasting elite power.
      But, but what about the morale boost? Think about all the good times Marines have playing with the UGV, destroying stuff, destroying the drone, gambling & injuries.

__________________________________________________________________________
      One thing regarding officers.

If you build attack subs as a part of your navy consider getting the sub officer.
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Nubluk wrote:

But, but what about the morale boost? Think about all the good times Marines have playing with the UGV, destroying stuff, destroying the drone, gambling & injuries.
      __________________________________________________________________________

If you build attack subs as a part of your navy consider getting the sub officer.
      You are obviously on some really potent smoko
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Nubluk wrote:

But, but what about the morale boost? Think about all the good times Marines have playing with the UGV, destroying stuff, destroying the drone, gambling & injuries.__________________________________________________________________________

You are obviously on some really potent smoko
      Delta 8 Vapes & Nic Vapes.
    • Yeah!
      Sub Officers are incredible... I wish they had the same level of stealth as the Naval officer... doesn't really make sense that they don't.

In terms of attack damage:
      Attack subs maxed + T2 sub officer = Cruisers maxed + T2 Naval officer

OH, and do you know this song line? @Im On Smoko
      "... I thought I was in-vin-cible... With my V-P-N"
      That band is great.
    • Smallsword wrote:

Yeah!
      Sub Officers are incredible... I wish they had the same level of stealth as the Naval officer... doesn't really make sense that they don't.

In terms of attack damage:
      Attack subs maxed + T2 sub officer = Cruisers maxed + T2 Naval officer

OH, and do you know this song line? @Im On Smoko
      "... I thought I was in-vin-cible... With my V-P-N"
      That band is great.
      You ever hear Sports?