Officers, Support units and Armor Class

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Officers, Support units and Armor Class

Hey folks, quick question...
      Elite Infantry Officer boosts Infantry units stats.
      The towed artillery unit is a Support unit with an Infantry armor class.
      Does the Infantry officer boost Towed Artillery bombard attack stats?

Same question applied to Tanker Ace, does that officer boost Mobile Artilley and
      MLRS?
    • but but... it pisses me off... because you get the boost, but you lose a damage dealer.

Meaning:

- if i build a navy, and put a Navy Officer with it, the Navy Officer is a ship and does damage like a ship, AND in addition boosts its own damage and the damage of other ships. Same applies to all others (fixed wing officer, etc. etc.)

- But... if i have a stack of TA, MA, MRLS, Railguns... and i want to have an officer that boosts them AND does damage, just like it happens above, i can't.

In other words: a stack of 4 ships + 1 officer has 5 damage dealers and a bonus (100% of the units do damage). A stack of 9 MRLs + 1 officer has 9 damage dealers, and a bonus (90% of the units do damage). there is no ground officer that does ranged damage.

Why isn't there a 'Support Officer'?
      s

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sgniappo ().

• I want a field artillery officer.

But I make due...

The Tank officer doesn't deal ranged damage, sure... but his bonus more than compensates
      Lvl 1 20% boost means that a stock of 9 MRL + tank officer hits like 11 MRL.... T2 Tank officer is 40%... so it hits like 13 MRL
      Add speed buff and you have a deadly-fast stack.

TA is soft.. with an infantry officer lvl 1 + 9.... that's a 15% boost .... so it hits like 10.5 TA... T2 bonus is 30%, hit's like 12 TA
      Plus speed...

Airborne officer with TA... 10% lvl 1... 25% T2

Airborne officer+ Infantry officer + 8 TA... 25% boost lvl 1 officers.... 55% boost with T2 officers... that hits like 14.5 TA...

If there is an artillery officer added... I think it should be a soft unit towed artillery.
      It should have radar that picks up low ground signatures T2... maybe even low air radar contacts in later levels.
      Air assault, T2 of course.
      HP 30 T2 45
      10% -15%-20%-25% attack bonus
      5-15-20-25 range bonus would be amazing, but seems way more complicated for devs to implement
    • If you run around with 10 MRL in one stack, you are putting yourself in a very bad position, as soon you meet any kind of smarter player

So it does not really matter, that there is no artillery officer, because you do not tend to run around with pure stacks anyway.

In ground combat mixed stacks are key and also speed, so you tend to get the officers because of the speed boost they give and less because of damage boosts.
    • Naval Officer only officer worth it imho. 4 frigs / 1 officer nothing from air getting in and can take out destroyers / cruisers. with bonus like hitting 6 ships against 5 and frigs take most of damage.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Kalrakh wrote:

If you run around with 10 MRL in one stack, you are putting yourself in a very bad position, as soon you meet any kind of smarter player

So it does not really matter, that there is no artillery officer, because you do not tend to run around with pure stacks anyway.

In ground combat mixed stacks are key and also speed, so you tend to get the officers because of the speed boost they give and less because of damage boosts.
      yep slam in 4 or 5 cruise missiles will take care of that...lol
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Kalrakh wrote:

If you run around with 10 MRL in one stack, you are putting yourself in a very bad position, as soon you meet any kind of smarter player

Damage distribution only matters if you plan on getting hit
    • Smallsword wrote:

Sometimes it's the right move to plan to get hit...
      Not to mention that often times dealing a blow also necessarily involves taking a hit, at the same time (notably in engaging with artillery of equal range). Preserving the maximum of your force while doing so is the critical thing. This is why damage distributions is always important to consider.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Well, i used the MRL example just for clarity. But i would, realistically, do a meat shield stack, followed by a stack of MRL / SAM, or MRL / SAM / MAA - a support officer would boost all of them. Or, which is what i'd really like to do, 8 RGs, 1 radar, 1 'support officer'. Yes, of course there is nothing that 'wins everything', and an hit & run maxed MRL would take care of that.

But that's beyond the point. And it's not a 'RG rocks' thread, or a 'is there a stack that wins everything' one. the point was: why isn't there an officer that shoots AND boosts for support units, like it is for others?
    • Because pretty much all support units are 'hard' units, so tank officer and support officer bonus would stack. Giving players two officers whose bonus would stack up to 100% offense or more would be quite insane.

Also toweds are soft targets, so a proper support officer would need to boost both: soft and hard?

Additionally Support are artillery or AA, so and officer who is artillery and AA in one would be quite crazy. They did it with Elite Railguns, which ended up as a pretty useless artillery, to balance it out.
    • A heavy air / bomber officer would be a good addition.

I always just use the bonus to the ranged attack unit to soften the enemies units to pulp then split the officer, have it join what ever ground units that are protecting / attacking with the ranged units, go in and pop the enemy units like zits. Repeat and adjust as needed.

The officers I feel you get the most bang for the buck?

1. Infantry officer.
      2. Naval Officer.
      3. Helicopter / Fixed wing Air Ace.
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

A heavy air / bomber officer would be a good addition.

I always just use the bonus to the ranged attack unit to soften the enemies units to pulp then split the officer, have it join what ever ground units that are protecting / attacking with the ranged units, go in and pop the enemy units like zits. Repeat and adjust as needed.

The officers I feel you get the most bang for the buck?

1. Infantry officer.
      2. Naval Officer.
      3. Helicopter / Fixed wing Air Ace.

Out of curiosity: Why is infantry your number one? My list would be quite the other way around, while probably putting tank ace officer beside infantry officer