New Game Search Options

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Game Search Options

In all the years of CoN's existence, something as simple as enhancing the search options for new games searches should not have been as untouched as they have been thus far.

This is not a new request and not the first time I make it either, yet there has been zero response from Dorado about this. I'd love to know why the lack of response and why this simple yet rich enhancement in the QoL of the players has not been addressed or tackled. I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone how frustrating it is to wait for a new game or to scroll through hundreds of ongoing games, most of which are useless farming maps.

I know the first answer that will come to the minds of most will be "mobile", but that excuse is now so 2008. Please allow us to filter the games by mode/map type, speed, etc. - actually meaningful filters instead of the existing and archaic ones currently in place.
    "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
  • Sima wrote:

In all the years of CoN's existence, something as simple as enhancing the search options for new games searches should not have been as untouched as they have been thus far.

This is not a new request and not the first time I make it either, yet there has been zero response from Dorado about this. I'd love to know why the lack of response and why this simple yet rich enhancement in the QoL of the players has not been addressed or tackled. I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone how frustrating it is to wait for a new game or to scroll through hundreds of ongoing games, most of which are useless farming maps.

I know the first answer that will come to the minds of most will be "mobile", but that excuse is now so 2008. Please allow us to filter the games by mode/map type, speed, etc. - actually meaningful filters instead of the existing and archaic ones currently in place.
    (See me quoting you? This is a response to what you said.)
    I believe this was kinda brought up during the ask the devs section on Discord. They said the whole HUB was being worked on:

ED | Design — 08/19/2021

When you are looking for a new game, and you can select what kind of game you want, like, "team : active team..."Could it be possible to have a new category : x4 speed, normal speed.?
    [/quote]@Mysterious Yes. In fact I'm currently mocking up the complete overhaul of the HUB. That includes filtering by game speed
    *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
  • Sima wrote:

Like @Dealer of Death said above... the mods posted something about revamping the game search feature - maybe you should check that out.
    "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
  • Thank you for sharing your experiences with the game! I'm a newcomer here, and I wondered why the search options are so bad. I'm not really impressed with this game, and I am thinking about going back to CS GO. I like this game, but I get tired of it because I've played it for five years without any pause. I like the most about best csgo trading site because you can actually trade your rare skins for real money and get some income in this way. I think it's impossible in this game, which is why it's much more boring than CSGO or similar games.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sadig ().

• Because I'm feeling a little frustrated by not being able to find one of the new Sengoku maps at the moment, let me be the millionth (almost) Dorado customer to bemoan the sorry state of the New Games web page. If anyone at Dorado keeps track of such things, please increment the number of times this topic has come up.

At the moment my stress levels would go down (and consequently the likelihood that I'll start a game or recommend the game to someone else would go up) if I could simply see a countdown for when the next instance of each map type will be offered next.

Beyond that, for the map types that aren't available, a feature that lets me enqueue my interest would be helpful. I would be responsible for periodically notifying the queue that I'm still interested, and the Dorado side of the queue would be responsible for popping out a new instance of the requested map whenever enough players have recently registered that they are interested in playing on it.

How to deal with players who are holding out for a favorite country could get a little tricky, but you might try simply ignoring those enqueued players and letting them cool their heels until both all the currently open map(s) are xx% full, and there are N players waiting in the queue.
  • Sadig wrote:

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the game! I'm a newcomer here, and I wondered why the search options are so bad. I'm not really impressed with this game, and I am thinking about going back to CS GO. I like this game, but I get tired of it because I've played it for five years without any pause. I like the most about best csgo trading site because you can actually trade your rare skins for real money and get some income in this way. I think it's impossible in this game, which is why it's much more boring than CSGO or similar games.
    Why does that look like an advertisement so much. "Posts: 1"
    TANKERS
    #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
  • KFGauss wrote:

Because I'm feeling a little frustrated by not being able to find one of the new Sengoku maps at the moment, . . .
    Here's a simpler version of my request.

Wouldn't It Be Nice If the New Games page/lobby simply showed a list of the game types that are currently being spawned and also updated that list often enough for it to remain useful.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• I completely agree with you that the search options for new games on CoN could use some serious enhancements. It's surprising that such a simple and common request hasn't been addressed yet by Dorado. I'm sure many players, including myself, would appreciate being able to filter games by mode/map type, speed, and other meaningful filters instead of scrolling through hundreds of ongoing games. I understand that some may suggest that the lack of updates is due to the game being mobile-friendly. However, I believe that shouldn't be an excuse to neglect the needs of the players. On another note, have you heard of money-making games? These are games that actually pay you for playing them! It's a new trend that's been gaining popularity, and I've been having a blast trying out some of these games. I think it's a great way to earn a little extra cash while having fun.

The post was edited 1 time, last by mithudas9797 ().

• Sima wrote:

This is not a new request and not the first time I make it either, yet there has been zero response from Dorado about this pizza tower. I'd love to know why the lack of response and why this simple yet rich enhancement in the QoL of the players has not been addressed or tackled. I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone how frustrating it is to wait for a new game or to scroll through hundreds of ongoing games, most of which are useless farming maps.

I completely agree with you. It would be great if we can filter the games by mode or map.