Suicidal AI Moves

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suicidal AI Moves

imgur.com/9kgKhwE

This kinda thing has got to stop!

Why on Earth would the AI abandon its own (and only) city so that it would grab a province or two from one of its enemies? Same with AI sending units to the sea when its ground units get bombarded by naval units! I understand why the latter was put in place (probably to counter-attack land arty bombardment), but is there no way to stop it from responding to naval "arty" in the same way
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • Personally, I love watching those convoys come to my ships.

Taking an abandoned island nation is a great joy.

I just surround the Island with single ships and give the war order... and then practically the whole Island vacates.

It's like synchronized sinking... it's beautiful.

The only AI change I'd want is for a real person to occasionally control them... I'm sure Dorado could enlist enough eager volunteers to replace the AI... not sure they would.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

That is why I consider AI on a score of 1 to 10 to be at -2 :D
      funny when you see someone stats when they are like barely above .500 versus AI or watch a coal partner lose troops against AI.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Smallsword wrote:

Personally, I love watching those convoys come to my ships.

I just surround the Island with single ships and give the war order... and then practically the whole Island vacates.

The only AI change I'd want is for a real person to occasionally control them... I'm sure Dorado could enlist enough eager volunteers to replace the AI... not sure they would.
      Well, if you're in CoN for the easy ride perhaps you should start playing My Little Pony instead. One of the good things that CoN (and its Bytro sisters) have going for it is the realism aspects of many of its mechanics. The AI was never part of that appeal, but actually a repellant to active players in pub games: it's too easy and is turning pub games into farming exercises.
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • Sima wrote:

Smallsword wrote:

Well, if you're in CoN for the easy ride perhaps you should start playing My Little Pony instead. One of the good things that CoN (and its Bytro sisters) have going for it is the realism aspects of many of its mechanics. The AI was never part of that appeal, but actually a repellant to active players in pub games: it's too easy and is turning pub games into farming exercises.
      Guy, if you think the problem with CoN is the AI you've got it all wrong...
      It's that you need players to play.
      I make the best of what the game has going on... If that means coming up with a fast/fun way to fight AI, sure, I'll do it as I make my way to other players.
      Honestly, at least the AI keeps steadily building and is half-active... more than a lot of players.
      The AI has units in cities 95% of the time... which compared to most "active" players is a huge constant defense.

Your suggestion is to have them stay in cities or have some other algorithm that would be exploited in some other way.
      My alternate suggestion was to have fill-in volunteer players at any random moment to add that human element.

If you think that the AI is inadequate for your personal preference of in-game masturbation... Maybe don't put it out on a public forum and expect that everyone is going to applaud your calls for a more stimulating bot.

For me, it's just boring... a better AI would be just as boring... This game is supposed to be social and the AI is just unimportant filler... The current AI in place is plenty good enough... and one of the only joys of it is to figure out the little tricks to get it over with.
    • If you guys hate this kind of stuff you probably wouldn't like Call of War - in that game the AIs start off with several units each, so they do a lot of s**tty stuff... if you bombard their capital the AI will send all their units stationed there into the sea. It's just so f'n stupid.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Smallsword wrote:

That would be hilarious if staff would randomly take control of AI. Just imagine how much more Sima would cry when the AI suddenly became too realistic for its taste!!!
    • Nubluk wrote:

Smallsword wrote:

That would be hilarious if staff would randomly take control of AI. Just imagine how much more Sima would cry when the AI suddenly became too realistic for its taste!!!

Listen, after the river of tears, I plan on sharing my collection of My Little Pony ponies with Sima. My Little Pony always seems to cheer up even the crabbiest of crabby.

Everyone sing together the My Little Pony song with me:

"My little *Sima, my little *Sima"...

*Edit* Pony
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Players tend to make the public games easier then any AI could sadly
      This is true last game came through mid east to africa , algeria was a top 8 player and had most of northern africa but abondoned country and tried to send like 5 convoys of huge stacks to new zealand. obviously as a island nation I have my shipping lanes covered; took out his whole army in a few hrs when they ran into my ships versus what may have taken days to beat if he defended own country.

Its a war game but the natural instinct for many is flight versus fight ;)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

Nubluk wrote:

Smallsword wrote:

Listen, after the river of tears, I plan on sharing my collection of My Little Pony ponies with Sima. My Little Pony always seems to cheer up even the crabbiest of crabby.

Everyone sing together the My Little Pony song with me:

"My little *Sima, my little *Sima"...

*Edit* Pony
      ...when sima attacks AI georgia and everyone declares war
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Sima wrote:

imgur.com/9kgKhwE

This kinda thing has got to stop!

Why on Earth would the AI abandon its own (and only) city so that it would grab a province or two from one of its enemies? Same with AI sending units to the sea when its ground units get bombarded by naval units! I understand why the latter was put in place (probably to counter-attack land arty bombardment), but is there no way to stop it from responding to naval "arty" in the same way
      Stop being a funsuck, brother. The suicidal AI maneuver is the only thing fun about playing "AI country cleanup"
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD