minor changes that improve the game + new units

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • minor changes that improve the game + new units

      • UAVs, they can go over other people's land without starting a war, but if you attack them, it starts a war. It would be nice if taking out a UAV would not start a war.
      • Air Superiority fighters. They are great, but they have a really annoying flaw. If you set the to patrol, they will attack enemy ground units. That makes no sense. I may want to try to establish air power over a city with an airbase, but I can't because that wing might die attacking ground units.
      • Fighters, continued. If attack air units (any type, Helicopter, fighter etc.) are on patrol and they get attacked by air defenses whether it is a ship or SAM or anti-air vehicle, the fighter unit should not go back and repeatedly get hit and die. It would be nice to have an option in the fighter command to choose if you want it to be persistent and stay no matter what, or stop the patrol once attacked. Like if you have a strike fighter (or any air unit) patrolling a spot in the ground, you could have an option to have them return to base and not return if attacked by fighters or ground units.
      • Shore based anti-ship defenses. Right now, the only way to defend your cities with water nearby is to build a navy. That requires you to research many ships to have an effective defense and derail your entire tech tree plan. 2 things can change that. 1, there can be a ground-based unit that is made specifically to attack (AEGIS ashore...). 2, there can be a building that you can build as part of a city that includes shore defenses against ships.
      • Healing ships is nearly impossible without gold. By the time a heavily damaged ship or fleet is repaired, the game will be over. There should be a repair yard building you can build in a city to restore health quicker. Maybe it can work like a hospital. Another way it could work that will preserve the value of ships is by making repairing a ship like repairing a building. Meaning you need to spend resources proportional to the damage to repair the ship and have it take time to complete. Also, while it is being repaired it won't be able to fight.
      • Ships like corvettes, and destroyers should be able to hold one helicopter. There is literally a helipad in the graphics for them. Maybe make a specific helicopter unit that may not be as strong as the other ones to balance this out.
      Any one of these will increase the quality of life when playing the game. Please like or comment your ideas to show that this would be a good improvement to the game
    • Lionheart wrote:


      • Air Superiority fighters. They are great, but they have a really annoying flaw. If you set the to patrol, they will attack enemy ground units. That makes no sense. I may want to try to establish air power over a city with an airbase, but I can't because that wing might die attacking ground units.

      Unless has changed Air supp only stacks will not attack ground units. If mixed stack with SF then yeah whole stack will engage ground targets.

      • Shore based anti-ship defenses. Right now, the only way to defend your cities with water nearby is to build a navy. That requires you to research many ships to have an effective defense and derail your entire tech tree plan. 2 things can change that. 1, there can be a ground-based unit that is made specifically to attack (AEGIS ashore...). 2, there can be a building that you can build as part of a city that includes shore defenses against ships.
      Well in real life not too many real life ground units will attack a ship except missiles. Build CM Launchers i guess but a frig stack will shoot them down.

      If dont want navy then build navy patrol heavy.

      • Healing ships is nearly impossible without gold. By the time a heavily damaged ship or fleet is repaired, the game will be over. There should be a repair yard building you can build in a city to restore health quicker. Maybe it can work like a hospital. Another way it could work that will preserve the value of ships is by making repairing a ship like repairing a building. Meaning you need to spend resources proportional to the damage to repair the ship and have it take time to complete. Also, while it is being repaired it won't be able to fight.
      Thats actually a decent idea. I only use advanced Hospitals to heal my Strike fighters (which a army hospital wouldnt do) so a ship yard would make sense. but if Navy gets dinged up sail them through shallow waters as will heal while traveling.

      But what I do is if have 1 off / 4 frig stack and frigs get dinged. Ill split one or two off to heal in stand by and bring in fresh units to reboost stack HP.

      But thats why I like Naval warfare as its much more strategic than bang (sad bang ing is a banned word...lol) stacks into each other. I try best never to get locked in battle; but hit and run and/or hit big stacks with 2 v 1 stacks. opponent can only hit one stack at a time so make quick work of them.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Buckeyechamp ().

    • 1. seems kinda silly imo; if someone is scouting you with uav they are planning to go to war with you anyway, shooting down their uav without declaring war wouldnt really matter
      also not really a fan of „automating“ diplomacy; if you want to kill it and not have to fight a war then talk to the guy
      2. thats… pretty understandable
      3. as already mentioned im not really that big of a fan of automating stuff; especially combat related things
      if you dont want your patrolling units to die while offline then dont let them patrol where the enemy aa can easily reach them
      4. Mrls already sorta fill that spot? really only problem with them is that they take a while to get
      also: really not a fan of buildings that deal dmg to units: this isnt towerdefense lol
      5. lol nope, terrible idea
      ships are incredibly strong and versatile (and also pretty hard to deal with if you dont have your own) their high cost and near inability to heal at least somewhat counterbalance that that
      6. „but its in the picture“ is not really that much of a reason? „a specific heli unit thats not as strong“ sounds like a job for deployable gear lol
      I am the basline for opinions
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

      Unless has changed Air supp only stacks will not attack ground units. If mixed stack with SF then yeah whole stack will engage ground targets.
      that is actually a thing; if you attack aircraft via patrol and there are also ground units within that radius then you will hit them too and ofc take dmg accordingly

      Buckeyechamp wrote:

      If dont want navy then build navy patrol heavy.
      grossly oversimplifying it tho; NPA will get shot down by the very same frigates that kill the cms
      I am the basline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

      1. seems kinda silly imo; if someone is scouting you with uav they are planning to go to war with you anyway, shooting down their uav without declaring war wouldnt really matter
      also not really a fan of „automating“ diplomacy; if you want to kill it and not have to fight a war then talk to the guy
      2. thats… pretty understandable
      3. as already mentioned im not really that big of a fan of automating stuff; especially combat related things
      if you dont want your patrolling units to die while offline then dont let them patrol where the enemy aa can easily reach them
      4. Mrls already sorta fill that spot? really only problem with them is that they take a while to get
      also: really not a fan of buildings that deal dmg to units: this isnt towerdefense lol
      5. lol nope, terrible idea
      ships are incredibly strong and versatile (and also pretty hard to deal with if you dont have your own) their high cost and near inability to heal at least somewhat counterbalance that that
      6. „but its in the picture“ is not really that much of a reason? „a specific heli unit thats not as strong“ sounds like a job for deployable gear lol
      1. I understand what you are saying, but I respectfully disagree with you. I don't think this would automate diplomacy. IMO this would increase diplomacy, here is why. Let's say that someone has UAVs over you. You threaten to shoot them down. That already creates excitement and tension. You shoot it down, but don't declare war. Now both of you are making threats and talking trying to escalate or de-escalate. This I think adds an element rather than you shoot down a UAV war starts and that's it. If that happens you can talk, but at that point you are already at war, so it brings down the threshold to attacking each other. I understand this game is about conflict (it's in the name), but one of my most exciting times in this game was diplomacy and threats. I feel like the reason for war is too bland, and I would rather have tension that builds up and leads to war.
      3. I get your point, but I think it is too harsh on fighter-jet mains (like me) to lose an entire wing because I went to bed and left a unit guarding only to have it dead because I couldn't react to the attack.
      4. I don't think multiple rocket launchers (I assume that's what you mean) fill that role. A fully upgraded multiple rocket launcher does (EU doctrine) 5.5 damage against ships. A top tier ship does 4-5 ground attack. While that might seem even on a 1-1 scale, ships can easily move to another city making your entire defense void. A stack might work against a fleet in one place, but as mentioned A fleet can move to another city. And as you mention rocket launchers do require a high-level base. The resources required to adequately defend your shores is so much. Especially early game. If someone has a fleet, chances are you don't have the research time to make a shore defense because you are researching your main tech tree. A shore defense unit combined with my suggestion about ships that take less time to heal would make ships more fluid units meaning they can be used far more. The point of shore defenses is to make port cities less of a liability. Right now, that is what they are, easy targets to start an invasion with. With this included port cities can become a strength. They will take more strategy to defeat. Now you will need to use missiles, planes, and other units. That will create more content for the game. I see this can become OP so maybe increase ships ground attack abilities to balance this out. Another limiter can be you can't have more than one stack right next to another. This will prevent spamming to many in cities making it impossible to attack. This idea came from the near inability to defend shore cities without making an entire tech tree ship based.
      5. The shipyard idea has the ships take proportional resources to heal. So, while you may be able to heal them in a day or two, it will still cost a lot more resources in order to do so. So, you may not even have the materials to repair. Another balance is it can only repair one ship at a time. Each level of the repair yard building can increase the percentage it can repair. Imagine level one, can only repair up to 50%, level two 60% and so on. That will add yet another balance requiring heavy infrastructure to repair ships, and another target to attack in a war. All this shore defense and navy repair add new dimensions to the game.
      6. There could be a light scouting helicopter than can reveal units like a UAV, which would increase ship's versatility. It is nearly impossible to have scouting abilities over sea. You need max level UAV and a carrier. They could be used to identify other ships or units you want to attack. The helicopter might be able to drop off a special forces unit if the unit was in the Naval stack. That would give you great behind enemy lines abilities. Maybe you need to upgrade the Helicopter to get these abilities, like tier X get full scout and tier Y get SF drop abilities. Seeing the helipad and no helicopter just rubs me the wrong way.
    • Lionheart wrote:


      • UAVs, they can go over other people's land without starting a war, but if you attack them, it starts a war. It would be nice if taking out a UAV would not start a war.
      • Air Superiority fighters. They are great, but they have a really annoying flaw. If you set the to patrol, they will attack enemy ground units. That makes no sense. I may want to try to establish air power over a city with an airbase, but I can't because that wing might die attacking ground units.
      • Fighters, continued. If attack air units (any type, Helicopter, fighter etc.) are on patrol and they get attacked by air defenses whether it is a ship or SAM or anti-air vehicle, the fighter unit should not go back and repeatedly get hit and die. It would be nice to have an option in the fighter command to choose if you want it to be persistent and stay no matter what, or stop the patrol once attacked. Like if you have a strike fighter (or any air unit) patrolling a spot in the ground, you could have an option to have them return to base and not return if attacked by fighters or ground units.
      • Shore based anti-ship defenses. Right now, the only way to defend your cities with water nearby is to build a navy. That requires you to research many ships to have an effective defense and derail your entire tech tree plan. 2 things can change that. 1, there can be a ground-based unit that is made specifically to attack (AEGIS ashore...). 2, there can be a building that you can build as part of a city that includes shore defenses against ships.
      • Healing ships is nearly impossible without gold. By the time a heavily damaged ship or fleet is repaired, the game will be over. There should be a repair yard building you can build in a city to restore health quicker. Maybe it can work like a hospital. Another way it could work that will preserve the value of ships is by making repairing a ship like repairing a building. Meaning you need to spend resources proportional to the damage to repair the ship and have it take time to complete. Also, while it is being repaired it won't be able to fight.
      • Ships like corvettes, and destroyers should be able to hold one helicopter. There is literally a helipad in the graphics for them. Maybe make a specific helicopter unit that may not be as strong as the other ones to balance this out.
      Any one of these will increase the quality of life when playing the game. Please like or comment your ideas to show that this would be a good improvement to the game
      Agree with everything.

      I have a suggestion to add to the Anti Ait recall feature. We could make that a function of an air officer rather than something you have to specifically turn off / on. (presumably like the artillery attack options) If you put an air officer in with whatever unit you were flying they would automatically return if under fire, or maybe have it be an option like the artillery.

      I despise how the artillery choice has to be constantly reset so i'd rather just have this be a permanent feature of the officer unit.

      Oh and i don't think corvette's in particular should get a helo. And I think that helo spot should also be able to hold an airborne infantry who are able to use their air assault from the ship. (as if it was an airbase)
    • New

      Lionheart wrote:

      Teburu wrote:

      1. seems kinda silly imo; if someone is scouting you with uav they are planning to go to war with you anyway, shooting down their uav without declaring war wouldnt really matter
      also not really a fan of „automating“ diplomacy; if you want to kill it and not have to fight a war then talk to the guy
      2. thats… pretty understandable
      3. as already mentioned im not really that big of a fan of automating stuff; especially combat related things
      if you dont want your patrolling units to die while offline then dont let them patrol where the enemy aa can easily reach them
      4. Mrls already sorta fill that spot? really only problem with them is that they take a while to get
      also: really not a fan of buildings that deal dmg to units: this isnt towerdefense lol
      5. lol nope, terrible idea
      ships are incredibly strong and versatile (and also pretty hard to deal with if you dont have your own) their high cost and near inability to heal at least somewhat counterbalance that that
      6. „but its in the picture“ is not really that much of a reason? „a specific heli unit thats not as strong“ sounds like a job for deployable gear lol
      1. I understand what you are saying, but I respectfully disagree with you. I don't think this would automate diplomacy. IMO this would increase diplomacy, here is why. Let's say that someone has UAVs over you. You threaten to shoot them down. That already creates excitement and tension. You shoot it down, but don't declare war. Now both of you are making threats and talking trying to escalate or de-escalate. This I think adds an element rather than you shoot down a UAV war starts and that's it. If that happens you can talk, but at that point you are already at war, so it brings down the threshold to attacking each other. I understand this game is about conflict (it's in the name), but one of my most exciting times in this game was diplomacy and threats. I feel like the reason for war is too bland, and I would rather have tension that builds up and leads to war.3. I get your point, but I think it is too harsh on fighter-jet mains (like me) to lose an entire wing because I went to bed and left a unit guarding only to have it dead because I couldn't react to the attack.
      4. I don't think multiple rocket launchers (I assume that's what you mean) fill that role. A fully upgraded multiple rocket launcher does (EU doctrine) 5.5 damage against ships. A top tier ship does 4-5 ground attack. While that might seem even on a 1-1 scale, ships can easily move to another city making your entire defense void. A stack might work against a fleet in one place, but as mentioned A fleet can move to another city. And as you mention rocket launchers do require a high-level base. The resources required to adequately defend your shores is so much. Especially early game. If someone has a fleet, chances are you don't have the research time to make a shore defense because you are researching your main tech tree. A shore defense unit combined with my suggestion about ships that take less time to heal would make ships more fluid units meaning they can be used far more. The point of shore defenses is to make port cities less of a liability. Right now, that is what they are, easy targets to start an invasion with. With this included port cities can become a strength. They will take more strategy to defeat. Now you will need to use missiles, planes, and other units. That will create more content for the game. I see this can become OP so maybe increase ships ground attack abilities to balance this out. Another limiter can be you can't have more than one stack right next to another. This will prevent spamming to many in cities making it impossible to attack. This idea came from the near inability to defend shore cities without making an entire tech tree ship based.
      5. The shipyard idea has the ships take proportional resources to heal. So, while you may be able to heal them in a day or two, it will still cost a lot more resources in order to do so. So, you may not even have the materials to repair. Another balance is it can only repair one ship at a time. Each level of the repair yard building can increase the percentage it can repair. Imagine level one, can only repair up to 50%, level two 60% and so on. That will add yet another balance requiring heavy infrastructure to repair ships, and another target to attack in a war. All this shore defense and navy repair add new dimensions to the game.
      6. There could be a light scouting helicopter than can reveal units like a UAV, which would increase ship's versatility. It is nearly impossible to have scouting abilities over sea. You need max level UAV and a carrier. They could be used to identify other ships or units you want to attack. The helicopter might be able to drop off a special forces unit if the unit was in the Naval stack. That would give you great behind enemy lines abilities. Maybe you need to upgrade the Helicopter to get these abilities, like tier X get full scout and tier Y get SF drop abilities. Seeing the helipad and no helicopter just rubs me the wrong way.

      Lionheart wrote:


      • UAVs, they can go over other people's land without starting a war, but if you attack them, it starts a war. It would be nice if taking out a UAV would not start a war.
      • Air Superiority fighters. They are great, but they have a really annoying flaw. If you set the to patrol, they will attack enemy ground units. That makes no sense. I may want to try to establish air power over a city with an airbase, but I can't because that wing might die attacking ground units.
      • Fighters, continued. If attack air units (any type, Helicopter, fighter etc.) are on patrol and they get attacked by air defenses whether it is a ship or SAM or anti-air vehicle, the fighter unit should not go back and repeatedly get hit and die. It would be nice to have an option in the fighter command to choose if you want it to be persistent and stay no matter what, or stop the patrol once attacked. Like if you have a strike fighter (or any air unit) patrolling a spot in the ground, you could have an option to have them return to base and not return if attacked by fighters or ground units.
      • Shore based anti-ship defenses. Right now, the only way to defend your cities with water nearby is to build a navy. That requires you to research many ships to have an effective defense and derail your entire tech tree plan. 2 things can change that. 1, there can be a ground-based unit that is made specifically to attack (AEGIS ashore...). 2, there can be a building that you can build as part of a city that includes shore defenses against ships.
      • Healing ships is nearly impossible without gold. By the time a heavily damaged ship or fleet is repaired, the game will be over. There should be a repair yard building you can build in a city to restore health quicker. Maybe it can work like a hospital. Another way it could work that will preserve the value of ships is by making repairing a ship like repairing a building. Meaning you need to spend resources proportional to the damage to repair the ship and have it take time to complete. Also, while it is being repaired it won't be able to fight.
      • Ships like corvettes, and destroyers should be able to hold one helicopter. There is literally a helipad in the graphics for them. Maybe make a specific helicopter unit that may not be as strong as the other ones to balance this out.
      Any one of these will increase the quality of life when playing the game. Please like or comment your ideas to show that this would be a good improvement to the game

      1. - I think this is fine either way. I agree that this would add diplomacy, but shooting it down is different. For example, what if their UAV isn't even on their territory and they shot it down?
      2. - This is fine to be changed, ground units wouldn't attack well anyway unless they have anti-air so there is not much reason for ground forces to also be attacked also because you could control somewhere with air superiority simply by having a bunch of ground units around the place, which isn't really the point of air combat.
      3. - I don't really care and don't see how it would improve the game, so no.
      4. - If this is added, make it a unit, not a building. Also, just build Navy and anti-Navy, you shouldn't be able to get away with simply not building one part of the tech tree
      5. - I am not sure how this would impact the game, but I think all it would do would be to heal ships away from home, as you could just mobilize new ones, unless the cost would be reduced for repairing over mobilizing. Unless the building gets destroyed when conquered or offers reduced repair cost from mobilization cost, then it would really only be used for healing ships away from homelands.
      6. - This could be with deployable gears, but I think if airlift is ever installed for Navy it should only be with carriers. Maybe even the deployable helicopter (not airlift, that's for carrier only) just for Corvettes so they have greater reconnaissance purposes.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Clock: More information, more specific ().

    • New

      i will say it again. there should be options where you can take a part of the city first like the airbase. You should also be able command your troops so they can ambush. like saying a battalion will ambush the enemy if the cross the bridge. there should be more graphics on the city. Another thing is bridges. you should be able to build bridges or capture them. this way there is more strategic value
    • New

      1) And attack is an act of aggression, trespassing not necessarily. We are not in America, where you can shoot people, just because they put a foot on your ground.

      If they scout you with drones, tell them to fuck off. Or be smart and be the first to strike.


      2) ASF do not attack ground troops while patroling. In old times, if you had a fixed wing ace in your stack, it would always patrol like a strike fighter and fight, but they changed this.

      If ASF on patrol attack other air crafts while patroling, ground units will join the fight, but that is not the same as attacking ground units by themselves.

      ASF only attack ground targets by themselves, if you give a direct attack order.


      3) No, this would make AA even weaker then it already is. And also: If you fail play your air force, getting punished is part of the game. Should ground troops or ships also start running home, if they get hit?


      4) You do not necessarily need ships yourself to fight of ships. Air crafts, mainly choppers, can do it too, even more because of navys weakness: slow healing

      A building would only make sense, if it outranged ships by default. How ever currently this is also something the code does not provide atm, as far as I know. Same reason there are no land mines yet.


      5) If you get the option for paying to heal ships, they would have to give the same option for every unit. Which kind of already exists: gold.

      The point of slow healing rate is to balance out the high base stats of ships, I would assume. And also to make people spend gold on healing them, the company depends on that after all.


      6) That does not work, because the code is currently unable to distinct between choppers landing on ships and fixed wings landing on ships, as far as I know.
    • New

      colonel ace wrote:

      i will say it again. there should be options where you can take a part of the city first like the airbase. You should also be able command your troops so they can ambush. like saying a battalion will ambush the enemy if the cross the bridge. there should be more graphics on the city. Another thing is bridges. you should be able to build bridges or capture them. this way there is more strategic value
      I disagree with taking specific parts of the city, as I think players would always go for specific parts like Airbases over anything else. If this is implemented, only Special Forces should be able to do it. Also, where would you build bridges? Across the Suez? In rivers? If there are bridges they should be pre-built on the map like complexes so that the geography can't just be circumvented with a bridge.