air superiority fighter patrol

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• air superiority fighter patrol

i killed all ground units. i conquered all enemy territory.

air superiority fighter is still paroling. why? do i have to try and shoot it down with my plane?

also, i think it's very unrealistic that someone can patrol their whole game. to top it off, in my game it shows the dude took off from a territory that wasn't his. that also is confusing to me. it doesn't show him taking off from his only airport which i already conquered

i tried to search for answers on this because this happened early on in the game too until the fighter magically disapeared after a certain amount of time after conquering all his territories and ground units. the only thing i found was that if you take over the guys airports, the plane will turn in to a ground unit. well that didn't happen either. the plane just disapeared over time.

can someone please explain what happens in my current scenario? and why a plane can patrol forever? this makes no sense to me right now and i have to say that it's a bit annoying haha
    • Planes can patrol perpetually.
      They only refuel when you ferry them to another base or they engage in combat and then return to an airfield/base to refuel.

An aircraft can remain operational as long as there is a friendly airbase/field within their range.
      Although you may have captured your enemies only airbase, apparently have access to another by "Right of Way"

If an airbase is destroyed but there are grounded planes at it's location they will turn into ground transports.

I hope I answered everything for you.