my current map

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • my current map

      it's been a grind. yukatan was active and mexico was active. there are 6 active players right now.

      myself
      nuevo leon
      chihuahua
      virgina
      new york

      the last one i am not sure. i think it's either british columbia or ontario(i think!). i am hoping ontario as i don't want to run in to british columbia going north and just let the east battle it out

      although it's been a grind, it's been really really fun and excited to see how this thing turns out and start another game.

      my home cities are defensless right now which worried me at first but not really anymore. they would have to come by sea and i just don't see that happening anytime soon except for leon who has an l2 harbor i noticed but that's gonna be gone soon in the next 2-3 days. can't wait for that to happen after he threatened me when attacking mexico

      can't wait to take out nuevo leon and chihuahua so i can relax a bit, fortify, and then continue on to the inactive territories. i will be in no rush for them. i'll just be attacking from a distance for the most part....especially if they have bunkers and outposts

    • People can invade by sea from Day 1, if your ports are undefended. They just put their troops on boats and sail them into your cities.

      This might not end up being an issue for you in a Rank 1 game where most players have gone inactive, but you want to keep it in mind in the future. My strong, strong advice is to never, NEVER leave your homeland cities completely abandoned.
    • yea, i took a really big risk and knew it. my problem is i knew i was gonna be attacked right from the start and it was a race to a certain territory to hunker down. i didn't understand outposts yet in the game or even how fast they can be created so i went all in on my troops.

      after i ended his game, i was thinking how i protect against sea and decided i would try to figure out who was active like cuba or florida. they weren't active so i felt more safe and decided i doubt someone will want to attack the middle of my territory not knowing what i have and be in a cross fire.

      a big risk i know and i will have to change that strategy my second game which means my troops will be thinned out more which means i will be attacking less. the downside is that i don't conquer as many resources like supplies which is needed more earlier on in the game

      one thing i am also limited in right now are what ships can do....how they transport and heal etc. i haven't done any research whatsoever on them but i plan to before my current game ends so i can look at the stats and data
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

      JimmyMaestro wrote:

      How many active players are still on that USA Battlegroupd map? (Which countries still active?)
      In another thread, he says he thinks six, but doesn't the End Game Button disappear if it is more than five? Anyway, he answered your question in another thread.
      well looking at his map pic he missed california who has most of west. Plus not ever 1 is moving if active. New players check other countries city buildings. thats a great idea to see who is building what and what potential units they could have.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

      People can invade by sea from Day 1, if your ports are undefended. They just put their troops on boats and sail them into your cities.

      This might not end up being an issue for you in a Rank 1 game where most players have gone inactive, but you want to keep it in mind in the future. My strong, strong advice is to never, NEVER leave your homeland cities completely abandoned.
      That's a lesson I learned in my 2nd game. I've always been mindful of that since.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

      "I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

      Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

      PerigeeNil wrote:

      JimmyMaestro wrote:

      How many active players are still on that USA Battlegroupd map? (Which countries still active?)
      In another thread, he says he thinks six, but doesn't the End Game Button disappear if it is more than five? Anyway, he answered your question in another thread.
      well looking at his map pic he missed california who has most of west. Plus not ever 1 is moving if active. New players check other countries city buildings. thats a great idea to see who is building what and what potential units they could have.
      yes, california was definitely active at first. i didn't miss cali. hell i am FROM california(los angeles) until i moved to cow country in missouri in a small town of 300 people :)

      yea, california is still a possibility but i haven't seen any activity from cali in a while so i was assuming bc or ontario which the map doesn't show. wish there was an easier way to tell who the active players are....
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

      PerigeeNil wrote:

      People can invade by sea from Day 1, if your ports are undefended. They just put their troops on boats and sail them into your cities.

      This might not end up being an issue for you in a Rank 1 game where most players have gone inactive, but you want to keep it in mind in the future. My strong, strong advice is to never, NEVER leave your homeland cities completely abandoned.
      That's a lesson I learned in my 2nd game. I've always been mindful of that since.
      ya'll are scaring me now haha. yea, i am definately going to think about throwing down some national guard. at first i was wondering why they even have them in this game until people were talking about attack and defense bonuses. inever really payed attention to that before and i realized even MORE mistakes i made. especially with my battle tanks i am working on now with the research done. i wish i started my air force sooner. i haven't even started it! iw ant to take out those islands soon especially when haiti has just declared war on me for some reason. i wake up and check the game and notice some rinky dink island who has no business doing anything declared war on me.
    • dfrost wrote:

      Tifo_14 wrote:

      PerigeeNil wrote:

      People can invade by sea from Day 1, if your ports are undefended. They just put their troops on boats and sail them into your cities.

      This might not end up being an issue for you in a Rank 1 game where most players have gone inactive, but you want to keep it in mind in the future. My strong, strong advice is to never, NEVER leave your homeland cities completely abandoned.
      That's a lesson I learned in my 2nd game. I've always been mindful of that since.
      ya'll are scaring me now haha. yea, i am definately going to think about throwing down some national guard. at first i was wondering why they even have them in this game until people were talking about attack and defense bonuses. inever really payed attention to that before and i realized even MORE mistakes i made. especially with my battle tanks i am working on now with the research done. i wish i started my air force sooner. i haven't even started it! iw ant to take out those islands soon especially when haiti has just declared war on me for some reason. i wake up and check the game and notice some rinky dink island who has no business doing anything declared war on me.
      At least to me the major selling point of NG is how cheap and how fast you can produce them but then again i dont even use inf to fight to begin with (except maybe the first couple days) and have also the bad habit of forgetting about building inf, 7h-ish to build + having building queue really helps with upping these numbers quickly
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • dfrost wrote:

      Tifo_14 wrote:

      PerigeeNil wrote:

      People can invade by sea from Day 1, if your ports are undefended. They just put their troops on boats and sail them into your cities.

      This might not end up being an issue for you in a Rank 1 game where most players have gone inactive, but you want to keep it in mind in the future. My strong, strong advice is to never, NEVER leave your homeland cities completely abandoned.
      That's a lesson I learned in my 2nd game. I've always been mindful of that since.
      ya'll are scaring me now haha.
      Not to beat a dead horse or be overly dramatic, but this is a thing I think every player should be "scared" about. You hate losing, right? Imagine how it would feel if some know-nothing stumbled in and conquered nearly your entire homeland with five Level 1 starting infantry because you had no units at home to stop them. I don't even remember it ever happening to me (because I'm so afraid of it, I protect against it), but if it did, I would be devastated.

      If a guy shows up with a proper military force and a solid plan and takes my homeland from me, then so be it; good on him. But I'll be damned if I'm going to live knowing some small group of flimsy privates wandered in and took my country from me without firing a shot.
    • Teburu wrote:

      At least to me the major selling point of NG is how cheap and how fast you can produce them but then again i dont even use inf to fight to begin with (except maybe the first couple days) and have also the bad habit of forgetting about building inf, 7h-ish to build + having building queue really helps with upping these numbers quickly
      Fast builds too. can knock out 3 per day almost. 1 game I had like 12 stacked in a city and fended off like 12 mech inf invasion. Well had help frim strike fighters but NGs held there own with def / entrench bonus.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

      Fast builds too. can knock out 3 per day almost. 1 game I had like 12 stacked in a city and fended off like 12 mech inf invasion. Well had help frim strike fighters but NGs held there own with def / entrench bonus.
      Amen to this and what Teburu wrote. People who worship Motorized Infantry often undervalue the defensive ability (and cheap, fast mobilization) of National Guard. You're not going to conquer the globe with them (hopefully), but they can keep you from getting embarassed sometimes.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

      dfrost wrote:

      Tifo_14 wrote:

      PerigeeNil wrote:

      People can invade by sea from Day 1, if your ports are undefended. They just put their troops on boats and sail them into your cities.

      This might not end up being an issue for you in a Rank 1 game where most players have gone inactive, but you want to keep it in mind in the future. My strong, strong advice is to never, NEVER leave your homeland cities completely abandoned.
      That's a lesson I learned in my 2nd game. I've always been mindful of that since.
      ya'll are scaring me now haha.
      Not to beat a dead horse or be overly dramatic, but this is a thing I think every player should be "scared" about. You hate losing, right? Imagine how it would feel if some know-nothing stumbled in and conquered nearly your entire homeland with five Level 1 starting infantry because you had no units at home to stop them. I don't even remember it ever happening to me (because I'm so afraid of it, I protect against it), but if it did, I would be devastated.
      If a guy shows up with a proper military force and a solid plan and takes my homeland from me, then so be it; good on him. But I'll be damned if I'm going to live knowing some small group of flimsy privates wandered in and took my country from me without firing a shot.
      yea, after reading the comments, i am definitely sold. bunkers and national guard. got it. and i guess it doesn't help when i talk about in public how my homeland cities are not protected so what's the strategy with occupied cities and those those with ports? it's hard to protect my coast when my resources are going for an offensive strategy and 0 supplies. build some bunkers and just add the ng over time? i have miles and miles of coast. not as deadly as someone attacking my homeland and capitol but still so vulnerable by sea
    • dfrost wrote:

      yea, after reading the comments, i am definitely sold. bunkers and national guard. got it. and i guess it doesn't help when i talk about in public how my homeland cities are not protected so what's the strategy with occupied cities and those those with ports? it's hard to protect my coast when my resources are going for an offensive strategy and 0 supplies. build some bunkers and just add the ng over time? i have miles and miles of coast. not as deadly as someone attacking my homeland and capitol but still so vulnerable by sea
      Right, so,... again, we face a "trade-off". Once you get to a certain point (doesn't take long), there's no way to defend ALL of your occupied territory/cities. At that point, you make your own decisions on what you can afford to lose (maybe temporarily) to an invasion and what you can't. For obvious reasons, losing an occupied city is very rarely as damaging as losing a Homeland city. That being said, there *might* be some occupied cities that you feel are important enough to you for various reasons (specific resource production, proximity to your homeland, chokepoint, Air Base, Hospital, etc.) that you want to protect them. By and large, though, people don't put any effort or assets toward continuously defending the vast majority of their occupied cities.

      Example: So let's say I am playing as Chile and you are playing as Canada, and you decide to take Kingston, Jamaica, from me. You're probably going to get it without any fight at all (at first), if I've not built an airfield or anything there. BUT... now you've gone and made me grumpy. You didn't significantly hurt me, and now we're not friends anymore. War is on its way.

      For this reason, I often strike Homelands before I strike someone's occupied cities. It hurts them much worse, and it doesn't give them a long warning that allows them to prepare for major war. Had I attacked on occupied city first, they'd find out early that I have bad intentions, and they'll have time to gather/mobilize forces in their Homeland.
    • dfrost wrote:

      yea, after reading the comments, i am definitely sold. bunkers and national guard. got it. and i guess it doesn't help when i talk about in public how my homeland cities are not protected so what's the strategy with occupied cities and those those with ports? it's hard to protect my coast when my resources are going for an offensive strategy and 0 supplies. build some bunkers and just add the ng over time? i have miles and miles of coast. not as deadly as someone attacking my homeland and capitol but still so vulnerable by sea
      Regarding coastal defense: It's an entire huge topic of its own, and there are widely differing opinions on the best way to do it. Personally, I'm a "navy early!" guy. Warships can destroy (unescorted) naval transport ships without taking any damage at all. You need warships to fight warships, and warships will sink troop/ground unit transports every time. SO,... personally, I put ships in all my homeland port cities very early. It doesn't 100% protect my homeland from enemy warships (my opponent could fight my navy with theirs), but it does 100% protect my Homeland (port cities) from unescorted troops coming in on transports.

      A lot of (good and not-as-good) players choose not to go navy early, because they want to focus their time and resources on creating a larger conquering ground force. This is one of the ways in which I'm defensive. I build relatively few ground units in the earliest days of the game, if I'm playing a country with multiple coastal cities, because instead I'm researching and building ships to guard my Homeland port cities.

      Check out my Day 10 New York update under the Order of Battle Thread. You'll see that I have multiple Corvettes, multiple Frigates, and a Destroyer already built (not the fastest possible, but still sooner than most would choose to build all of that). That's because I started researching ships on Day 1, and building them as soon as I felt like I could get to them.