You Gotta Go Along to Get Along

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• You Gotta Go Along to Get Along

[All dialogue paraphrased for narrative reasons]

Venzuela: *sees that I (Chile) have taken Peru, Bolivia, and Argentina* "Hey, can we have peace?"

Me: "Yeah, we can have peace for the moment, I suppose."

Venzuela: *immediately begins heading south into Brazil and doesn't head north at all... AT. ALL.*

Me: "What are you doing? Why are you coming south? Why not go north?"

Venezuela: "I thought we could share South America."

Me: "...But that leaves me without anywhere nearby to go to. Now I have to go around you and/or across an ocean. ...whatever, let me have access to your airfields, then."

Ven: "I'd rather not."

Me: "That's understandable. I'll take x unoccupied island with a troop then and build my own airfield."

Ven: "I'm taking it. You can take Puerto Rico."

Me: "Then I have to sail a stack up to Puerto Rico to fight them."

Ven: "There's only troops in the city, not in the other Puerto Rico territory, take the other one."

Me: "... dude. ...there's only one way into Puerto Rico."

Ven: "Oh yeah."

Me, to myself: ["Alright, dude. That's it. I was trying to be nice. Now I'm going to take all your stuff.']

NOTE: I'm POSITIVE he will complain that we were supposed to have a peace agreement after I attack him, but come on, man. You can't be a complete unhelpful pain in my keister and expect that you won't have to pay for that.
    • The hilarious thing that I just found out is that Cuba had moved all of their troops out of their country and had not built anymore. So that means,... if Venezuela had gone north like I wanted/suggested rather than trying to race and crowd me in the south, they would have immediately gained six cities and the accompanying territories, probably without firing a shot. Instead, they lost the game.