A CON-test: How fast can YOU conquer the world?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A CON-test: How fast can YOU conquer the world?

I was really bored yesterday and had lots of time to think, and then I got this amazing idea for a fun challenge! It's pretty simple: the object is to conquer the world map (WW3 64p map) in the fewest days. Here are the rules:
      1. You MUST play solo. Coalition/alliance victories are NOT allowed.
      2. You can start as any country you like.
      3. Gold... I don't really care at this point - use it if you want.
      Once you have won the game, take a pic of the newspaper showing the day, your VP score, and the world map. Post a reply to this thread with the pic, and tell us what country you played as. The winner of the contest will get a special surprise!

(Challenge ends on March 23rd - make sure to submit your pic before that date!)
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tifo_14 ().

• This thread is probably really dead at this point, but I just finished up my 46-day game as Romania. I'm nowhere near the best player on this forum, but I thought I might as give it a shot.

Here's a picture of the newspaper, the forum was giving me a hard time uploading the image, so here's a link. (I am the lighter yellow color, in Europe and Central/Eastern America.) This should be enough info? If not, let me know, I can take more screenshots.
      ibb.co/N2MvwvQ
      The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. - George S. Patton
    • @Kalrakh

Just curious, how many days does it usually take a (decent) 1x player to solo a world map?

I average around 35 game days (sometimes a few less, sometimes a few more 30-40), which is generally 8 - 10 real days, to solo a public WWIII 4x without gold. In 4x, though, we're losing around at least one game day out of every four (due to sleep). Can 1x not be done in fewer game days since it's easy to play every game day? I would think someone could do it, especially since gold is allowed.

The post was edited 3 times, last by PerigeeNil ().

• The problem is, that you can't really generalise, because it depends a lot on the players you meet on that map:
      - You meet a hard golder, you are likely fucked
      - You meet 2-3 decent sized and active coalition will be quite though up to impossible
      - only corpses: easypeasy

In 4x you do not necessarily lose a day, because this can be the day your freshly conquered cities need anyway to get pacified.

Of course the more gold you use, the faster you can in theory accomplish it.

The best tactic would be probably to start in Europe and mix artillery with air assault
      Airborne are the fastest unit to conquer if you have the fitting activity and artillery has the lowest attrition
    • Kalrakh wrote:

In 4x you do not necessarily lose a day, because this can be the day your freshly conquered cities need anyway to get pacified.
      Wait, so you're saying that once every four days or so, you 1x folks are not logging in at all? In 4x, we're talking about going entire game days without even logging in. Not just not actively conquering, but not being logged into the game at all (because we're asleep). Even if you're not actively conquering once every four days, it still seems like it would save a little time to be able to log in to shuffle units, update things, etc. No? I mean, obviously I'm not saying a 1x player should be able to do it in 3/4 of the time of the 4x player, but it still seems like logging in every game day would cut *some* amount of time down. A day or two faster over a 30-day period?

Kalrakh wrote:

The problem is, that you can't really generalise, because it depends a lot on the players you meet on that map:
      - You meet 2-3 decent sized and active coalition will be quite though up to impossible
      Agreed. Do we really *need* to generalize in this case, though? The challenge was just to have any player(s) do it one time in the period given. There's a difference between guaranteeing everyone success and suggesting that only a 4x player could do it.

So, could a good 1x player, using their optimal country and as much gold as they want, solo a WWIII map in 32 or less days with a little bit of luck? It seems entirely possible to me. I don't think this is something that only a 4x player could possibly do.

The post was edited 3 times, last by PerigeeNil ().

• I have security council, so there are often days on which I pretty much do nothing, queues and waypoints do the most jobs for me. Only thing that remains is maybe researching and checking if somebody tries to invade me. But I also tend to get bored by publics, so this also a reason for my lack of activity.

Honestly no idea, how much gold you would need to reasonable increase your conquering speed.

If we assume 2000 VP for solo victory and about 50% of that will be regular provinces, you will need about 80k gold to pacifiy every newly conquered city if we assume an average of 6 VP per city.
      Though the quicker you end the game, the more you need to conquer because cities grow slow and therefore give far less vp early on.

From one of the games I played with @KFGauss, he as the quickest member of our team conquered on average 3.5 cities per day, though without pacifying them with gold. He had 98 cities after 26 days, so still not even close to solo victory I assume.
    • Interesting. Solo VPs for a win in a game of WWIII is 1850. In 4x, it's not unusual at all for me to win (solo) around Day 35. That's the day I shoot for. Sometimes it's Day 38, sometimes it's Day 33. I can't remember the last time I saw Day 40 in a game. That's without using my "best" country, without using gold, and without having Security Council (I was away from the game for a long time and haven't restarted it).

This isn't me "puffing my chest". I freely admit that I can't (right now) do less than 32 Days in a 1x game, because my 1x timing/rhythm is no good. I'm just surprised to hear that you don't think a good 1x player, who can login in every day, who can use whatever country they want, who can use gold, and who has Security Council could do it a couple/few days faster than I sometimes do it without any of those things. MAYBE they don't help that much, but it seems to me like 30-32 game days is not impossible.
    • I did not say, that he can not do so using gold. I only say I have no idea how much gold it would need: 100k, 250k, 500k, 1M? Depends on the circumstances after all

If you pump in 1M gold you may achieve even 2-3 weeks. That is the issue with including gold, there is no limit.
      If you pump in 10M gold maybe you can do it in even 1 week, no fucking clue. :D
    • All of my recent solo wins have aged out already, but here's a game I had to opt out of for real life reasons. I have no idea what this player (wasn''t me) used or didn't use, but they have 1662 VPs on Day 33 in a 4x game as Ethiopia, and I don't even know who they are. I have faith that we have some people on the Forums who could do 1850 VPs in 32 Days or less in a 1x game if the conditions were right.Screenshot 2022-02-04 11.jpg
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

@Kalrakh

Just curious, how many days does it usually take a (decent) 1x player to solo a world map?

I average around 35 game days (sometimes a few less, sometimes a few more 30-40), which is generally 8 - 10 real days, to solo a public WWIII 4x without gold. In 4x, though, we're losing around at least one game day out of every four (due to sleep). Can 1x not be done in fewer game days since it's easy to play every game day? I would think someone could do it, especially since gold is allowed.

Kalrakh wrote:

The problem is, that you can't really generalise, because it depends a lot on the players you meet on that map:

Of course the more gold you use, the faster you can in theory accomplish it.

The best tactic would be probably to start in Europe and mix artillery with air assault
      Airborne are the fastest unit to conquer if you have the fitting activity and artillery has the lowest attrition
      You guys brought up a good point... I am moving the deadline back so that people can actually join the games.

• Fusion7857 wrote:

This thread is probably really dead at this point, but I just finished up my 46-day game as Romania. I'm nowhere near the best player on this forum, but I thought I might as give it a shot.

Here's a picture of the newspaper, the forum was giving me a hard time uploading the image, so here's a link. (I am the lighter yellow color, in Europe and Central/Eastern America.) This should be enough info? If not, let me know, I can take more screenshots.
      https://ibb.co/N2MvwvQ
      Thanks! Yes that is enough info. Since you are the first poster i guess you are winning at this point :)