A CON-test: How fast can YOU conquer the world?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• KFGauss wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

How long did it take to get wiped out? In addition to a special surprise for the fastest win, there might be something special for the fastest loss. X/ :whistling:
      listen 3 guys attacked me at once okay? sometimes that kind of shit happens
      I understand completely - That's why you have to remember to have a sense of humor about it when it happens.
      *farts* i, umm fucking devoted rms
      "doug" -nobody
    • RadioActive wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

How long did it take to get wiped out? In addition to a special surprise for the fastest win, there might be something special for the fastest loss. X/ :whistling:
      I understand completely - That's why you have to remember to have a sense of humor about it when it happens.
      Reminds me of that time US president Donald Trump kept farting during the UN General Assembly meeting.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Reminds me of that time US president Donald Trump kept farting during the UN General Assembly meeting.
      trump is such an a-hole
      "doug" -nobody
    • World War 3 map. No gold use. Solo-ed the whole way. Barely anyone made anti-air nor ASF. France was the 2nd place but he built exclusively tanks & inf . Several airstrikes and NG spamming later and I took over his Europe territories. The other active group was way too far to be able to do anything meaningful in time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by vynical ().

• vynical wrote:

World War 3 map. No gold use. Solo-ed the whole way. Barely anyone made anti-air nor ASF. France was the 2nd place but he built exclusively tanks & inf . Several airstrikes and NG spamming later and I took over his Europe territories. The other active group was way too far to be able to do anything meaningful in time.
      Well you are winning this contest so far... we'll see if you get the prize!

Congrats on your win btw :)
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Nice, @vynical

I knew someone could do it in less than 32. That's impressive. I don't think I can do it in a 4x in less than 30.
      several luck factors were involved like no golder in the game, inactive neighbors, Egypt attacking Israel first while I'm parking my artillery nearby for some additional damage on both of them and scooping in for the kill after both were weakened from fighting each other. After day 8 the game kinda became farmville and I'm just snowballing my advantage at that point. I don't think I can do sub-30 day clear in a 4x game either.
    • i'm only on my first game but an idea like this sounds fun if i was bored enough. i also think an agenda like this is more luck than skill. one of the reasons i fell in love with this game is the strategies and skills involved. but i am slowly also seeing the luck factors now as well which are out of our control. i like the skill and strategy factors too much to even consider a game like this that involves more luck than anything else and also ditching a strategy that has been known to work already for the more experienced players who would consider attempting this. still sounds interesting and fun though if one was bored enough.

heck, if we are talking about how fast one can end a game, why not consider the opposite as well. how long can one stay in a running game? while the first option would focus more on offense, the latter on defense. i think there can also be other fun ideas for challenges.....but again....i think one would have to be bored enough to attempt them....
    • dfrost wrote:

i'm only on my first game but an idea like this sounds fun if i was bored enough. i also think an agenda like this is more luck than skill. one of the reasons i fell in love with this game is the strategies and skills involved. but i am slowly also seeing the luck factors now as well which are out of our control. i like the skill and strategy factors too much to even consider a game like this that involves more luck than anything else and also ditching a strategy that has been known to work already for the more experienced players who would consider attempting this. still sounds interesting and fun though if one was bored enough.

heck, if we are talking about how fast one can end a game, why not consider the opposite as well. how long can one stay in a running game? while the first option would focus more on offense, the latter on defense. i think there can also be other fun ideas for challenges.....but again....i think one would have to be bored enough to attempt them....
      Agreed, in terms of how quick you can end a game, skills can only get you so far (or quick). How lucky you are during the first 5 days, when you and your neighbor have roughly the same army composition, determine the speed of the entire run. You could be lucky and your neighbor suicided their entire army to another fodder neighbor or be really unlucky and your neighbors form a coalition without you then decided to give you that one two routine. Sometimes your luck can get really weird even.

My fastest game ended in 10 days via the End Game button. Not the WW3 map but the Flashpoint map with a golder playing USA while I was playing Spain. Day one, he bragged on Newspaper of his coalition with the description "Join me if you want to win" then proceeded to take over Cuba and Haiti within the first 3 days. The other players might've thought that it's a done game at that point so they also dropped like flies. Day 8 was when he started going toward Europe and attacking me directly since I was second place in VP. Luckily for me, the golder wasn't smart enough to send his destroyers to check for corvettes first. Instead, he sent 6 5-stack of lvl 3 moto inf and lvl 3 recon to all of my cities, thinking they're empty or something. With my SFs providing support damage while the corvette stopping them in their track, the transport stacks got decimated before his destroyers could come and do something with my corvettes. Dude gave up and archive the game on Day 9. Day 10 rolls over and it's just me alone in the map so I just ended the game at around 250 VP.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

dfrost wrote:

heck, if we are talking about how fast one can end a game, why not consider the opposite as well. how long can one stay in a running game?
      There was a post not long ago where someone showed that they had run a (1x) game to something like 364 days before the game was shut down by the system/devs.
      i saw that too! i could never do a game THAT long
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija