New Idea for an Elite Naval Unit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TheGENOC1D3R wrote:

I was thinking on this post yesterday and I made some changes that balance a little more the unit I described above, and might even make it a bit more interesting. So, this were the changes I made:

• I made the radar range shorter so when, for example, the dreadnought reach its max level with an attack range of 125, its radar range would be only of 100, so it will need support from other units spotting the enemy in question to make a full range attack. For that I took inspiration from the Krupp K5 railway gun from CoW
      • I decrease dreadnought's defense against helicopters, making it equal to that of planes, so both now are a good options for attacking the dreadnought if it comes too close to your shore or if you have an aircraft carrier
      • I made the cost of rare materials a little more higher, so you would need more of them if you want to make more dreadnought. That is just an assumption more than a propposal acctually. If you think is too cheap for a ship like this it migth be even more, that is left to the judgment of every person that read this
      • And its not listed above, but as every elite unit, dreadnoughts would be limited to a certain number of units, like five or ten

maybe add some sub vulnerability to make it balanced
      I may or may not exist
    • A_Talking_Crab wrote:

TheGENOC1D3R wrote:

I was thinking on this post yesterday and I made some changes that balance a little more the unit I described above, and might even make it a bit more interesting. So, this were the changes I made:

• I made the radar range shorter so when, for example, the dreadnought reach its max level with an attack range of 125, its radar range would be only of 100, so it will need support from other units spotting the enemy in question to make a full range attack. For that I took inspiration from the Krupp K5 railway gun from CoW
      • I decrease dreadnought's defense against helicopters, making it equal to that of planes, so both now are a good options for attacking the dreadnought if it comes too close to your shore or if you have an aircraft carrier
      • I made the cost of rare materials a little more higher, so you would need more of them if you want to make more dreadnought. That is just an assumption more than a propposal acctually. If you think is too cheap for a ship like this it migth be even more, that is left to the judgment of every person that read this
      • And its not listed above, but as every elite unit, dreadnoughts would be limited to a certain number of units, like five or ten

maybe add some sub vulnerability to make it balanced
      I think subs are the perfect counter to this unit. I mean, at max lvl the dreadnought just does 3 damage to a sub. Caughting it in open waters with a wolfpack of subs would certainly put this ship in a dire situation