my favorite land/amphibious unit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• my favorite land/amphibious unit

my favorite land units are mech. infs for infantry, elite tanks for armor, and max mrls for support. This post doesnt include missiles/launchers or naval launch craft, i think spec ops/infs are better when it comes to defense tho

also idk if it is even worth it to research/produce amph combat vehicles, seems like armored fighting vehicles are just as good but cost less
      "doug" -nobody
    • tbh i think the biggest issue with amphibious vehicles ( or really any unit with the ability to embark/disembark anywhere) is just the sheer amount of coastal cities (oh no how terrible being limited to only being able to embark/disembark almost anywhere)
      really not fan of elite mbts; on one hand they have actual differences depending on doctrine but on the other the european is just so much better then the other two
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • My ground game really basic inf/ng ; will throw in some Tank Destroyers to combat armor stackers. Recently realized TDs are excellent for holding cities behind lines too (1 does trick byself) and close to front lines if get jumped. Arm Fight Vehicles too if works out (pretty versitile and some air defense). Last game built 1 Airborne for cleanup duty in jungle/mtns; worth it but need to micro manage.

Besides that ground troops strictly holding/taking territory. Current game havnt lost 1 unit (my goal is perfect game...no lost units; no lost cities / prov (which is hard as usually get some random AI or Insurgent take a prov when offline).

Rising tides : Marines and Amph FV helpful to get at victory sites.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Amphib vehicles make more sense when paired with Naval Inf, and Naval Inf made more sense back when not every island had a harbor. Amphib units can still be used to invade countries where the player is only using ships in ports to defend against Homeland invasion, but that's almost never going to be worth researching Amphib vehicles. You've already probably got your own ships, so you might as well just destroy the enemy ships with those. Plus, a lot of public players aren't even good enough/smart enough to guard their own ports with ships.

I don't use a lot of armor, but my favorite are probably tank destroyers, which I usually build when I play European Doctrine. My favorite infantry vary according to Doctrine. My overall answer to that used to be Naval Infantry, but there's so many harbors now, they've lost a lot of their former value. Some of the other units the original poster mentioned are great, but of course they are great because they're top-tier maxed out units.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

My ground game really basic inf/ng ; will throw in some Tank Destroyers to combat armor stackers. Recently realized TDs are excellent for holding cities behind lines too (1 does trick byself) and close to front lines if get jumped. Arm Fight Vehicles too if works out (pretty versitile and some air defense). Last game built 1 Airborne for cleanup duty in jungle/mtns; worth it but need to micro manage.

Besides that ground troops strictly holding/taking territory. Current game havnt lost 1 unit (my goal is perfect game...no lost units; no lost cities / prov (which is hard as usually get some random AI or Insurgent take a prov when offline).

Rising tides : Marines and Amph FV helpful to get at victory sites.
      thats what i mostly us that unit for too. also don't bother with amphs, probably one of the most useless units in the game
      "doug" -nobody