How does Elite Swarm Damage work

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How does Elite Swarm Damage work

Hello,

I sent 2 Elite Swarms out (lvl 1 states that is does 15dmg against armour) against lvl 3 AFV,

AFV shows to have 33hp, so I think that 33-2x15 = 3 and its an easy target for my Recon/Infantry,

after 10mins I get a message that my Elite Swarms attacked, For some reason I check AFV hp, it shows 17.9, in what world is 33-30 = 17.9 ?

AFV is clearly outside of any entrenchments
      Files
    • Kalrakh wrote:

EUAV damage works like every units damage works: 15 is just an average, it can be higher or lower.

looks like you were quite unlucky
      I Sent a 3rd Swarm, AFV was left with 6.9hp, that means my 3 swarms did 26.1dmg, that's only 58% of expected damage, I feel cheated :D

Right now I'm facing Stack of 2 AFV defending in a city, I need atleast 8 Swarms to destroy them :D

That's 2000supplies, 1800comps, 80rare, 1000 fuel, 6700 money :DDD, also with reload times it will take atleast 12 more hours for me to just stand outside the city and wait :D in that time he can build one more :D

Clearly Swarms are to weak this patch, don't recommend

The post was edited 1 time, last by CoperMan ().

• I made this game and have come to conclusion useless as an offensive weapon. !st thought could land on dock of city attacking then launch and and least get 15 hp damage. The 12 hr reload is ridiculous and need to be in basically site range.

I guess best use case would be as a defensive overwatch if worried about getting attacked. probably best on coastal cities as at least if takes 15hp could take out 1.25 of a unit while transport lands.

I research thinking would be like a short range CM.. but ended a waste. I launched 1 when thought in 35 mile range but I guess it was 36 miles away and circled for 2 days after I took city.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • CoperMan wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

EUAV damage works like every units damage works: 15 is just an average, it can be higher or lower.

I Sent a 3rd Swarm, AFV was left with 6.9hp, that means my 3 swarms did 26.1dmg, that's only 58% of expected damage, I feel cheated :D

Right now I'm facing Stack of 2 AFV defending in a city, I need atleast 8 Swarms to destroy them :D

That's 2000supplies, 1800comps, 80rare, 1000 fuel, 6700 money :DDD, also with reload times it will take atleast 12 more hours for me to just stand outside the city and wait :D in that time he can build one more :D

some say, they get weakened by hostile AA defense, which would be atypical for aircrafts but experiences so far seem to support it (which makes them even more useless then estimated)
    • Kalrakh wrote:

CoperMan wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

some say, they get weakened by hostile AA defense, which would be atypical for aircrafts but experiences so far seem to support it (which makes them even more useless then estimated)

This seems to be the case. Higher leveled ground units with defensive AA numbers take less or no damage in my experience.
    • Well I was at least hoping they would be useful for costal defenses, deploying from corvettes, but if they have at least 1 frigate Swarms become useless :(

Also I noticed interesting behavior :D

I Sent them out, there was Air superiority fighter patrolling over that area, even tough it states that it has 0 attack and 0 defense against Fixed wing, 3 Swarms , go engaged and somehow defended themselves :D Last swarm was left with like 1/3hp and after its 10min wait was over it attacked AFV :DDD
    • CoperMan wrote:

Well I was at least hoping they would be useful for costal defenses, deploying from corvettes, but if they have at least 1 frigate Swarms become useless :(

Also I noticed interesting behavior :D

I Sent them out, there was Air superiority fighter patrolling over that area, even tough it states that it has 0 attack and 0 defense against Fixed wing, 3 Swarms , go engaged and somehow defended themselves :D Last swarm was left with like 1/3hp and after its 10min wait was over it attacked AFV :DDD
      Not really defending self. A singe Air Supp has like 6 hp damage against planes so you had a total of 9 hp of swarm. Thats why it survived as plane didn't have enough hp damage. If would have circled another 10 min than it would have been killed.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • it is basically CM but any unit can point def it, lmao
      the damage and Hp aren’t high enough to make it have impactful damage left after go through point def
      and often time just out right dead resulting in 0 damage.

first i thought it going to be cheap damage but in practice use, quite unit
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • playbabe wrote:

it is basically CM but any unit can point def it, lmao
      the damage and Hp aren’t high enough to make it have impactful damage left after go through point def
      and often time just out right dead resulting in 0 damage.

first i thought it going to be cheap damage but in practice use, quite unit
      It is an aircraft, why does it work like a missile then?

That is such a bad design and totally unintuitive for players, when a unit does not work the way it should.

Not to mention that any AA unit will swipe it from the sky, before it even hits because it patrols for 10 min first.

And in the meantime they still did not fix, that spec ops emit low signature in air assault mode...
    • playbabe wrote:

eh… all aircraft work exactly the same including missiles
      you don’t know this?
      I began to assume so, after watching eUAV fail.

But regular aircrafts have so much HP, that you normally do not tend to notice a difference against the average units.

I always thought AA point defense and aircrafts hit each other at the same time, because it seems the most logical thing to be and the game tells you shit about what is really happening in combat anyway

So in reality AA point defense strikes first?