Cross-teaming between coalitions is bullshit and should not be allowed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I disagree. As someone who just crushed 2 coalitions at once with only 2 active/good players and 2 newer players i disagree. If 2 coalitions are joining together to take 1 down then it means they are probably not that good. Give them a fight and you'll become a better player even if you lose. Don't play to win, play to fight. Easy fights are boring. The hard ones are the most interesting fights
    • I'm also going to slither out of the "experienced" title.... though, it is flattering, thank you. @PerigeeNil

I will say that I've had experiences such as the post describes... out numbered, invaded by many simultaneously etc.

Those other two coalitions beat you through their use of diplomacy.

Diplomacy is arguably the most powerful weapon in the game... With a single ally you can double your army, production, and intel... in addition to activity.
      It's the most human element in the game... One that you must employ even as a solo nation... silence is a form of diplomacy... as is invasion...

It's hard to give advice on how to use diplomacy effectively... but it helps to be empathetic... to understand what others want/fear... what makes their game easy/hard... and then to hold a carrot and a stick to affect their game decisions.

I usually keep an open slot in a coalition to use as a bargaining chip with other players... as soon as the coalition is filled, you lose diplomatic leverage and become a solidified target to the rest of the map.

Breaking coalitions up throws diplomatic relations into chaos... if a whole coalition is at war with you but you're able to eliminate one member, for example... you then have opened the door to forge a new alliance from your enemies.

You really can't trust anyone on a map... you have to operate within the mind frame that everyone is going to try to take you out... "Of course the other two coalitions are going to work together if I let them" ... I'm sure you'll think that in your games to come.
    • RadioActive wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

In my opinion, in any situation where you are at a big disadvantage is the time to prove your worth. Why do you think the greatest heroes became legendary? It was because they faced legendary odds! One does not become great by succeeding when times are easy; one becomes great by persevering through difficultly with a winning mentality and learning from setbacks. Sometimes heroes lose a battle, but they refuse to be defeated. In this is the heart of a warrior.

The instance that you protest the fairness of the situation is the instance that you were defeated. Imagine if Julius Caesar or Leonidas upon surveying the battlefield and realizing that two armies now beset him and was surrounded, suddenly began bewailing destiny for making things too difficult for him. He would surely be crushed in battle with that mindset: no soldier would fight for a leader who quits when things become difficult. But these men made such a fight in trying circumstances that we remember them for their valor, whether they lost or not.

When things get rough, in game or irl, embrace the pain and either come out “with your shield or on it” as the Spartans would say. Don’t worry if your enemies have a sense of honor or not. All that matters is that you keep yours.
      @Aeneas of Troy omg are you like some greek god or something
      cuz youre always talking about greece and roman empire and shit like that
      *inhales deeply*
      I do not deny that I am….

Ancient military history is a favorite of mine -can’t resist a good opportunity :D
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • I am also seeing these rules where we are skirting the line as well. I do not mind constructive conversation but please do not attempt to share anything that could be considered helpful to attempt to cheat.

1) Basics:

c) Similarly, all links and documentation that instruct cheating are removed. Discussions of file-sharing tools will have no place in the forum because of the associated copyright infringement.
      EN Team Lead

The post was edited 1 time, last by PrinceofHonor ().

• PrinceofHonor wrote:

I am also seeing these rules where we are skirting the line as well. I do not mind constructive conversation but please do not attempt to share anything that could be considered helpful to attempt to cheat.

1) Basics:

c) Similarly, all links and documentation that instruct cheating are removed. Discussions of file-sharing tools will have no place in the forum because of the associated copyright infringement.
      f)Possession of more than one account - even if it is only for use in the forums - is prohibited. Potential secondary accounts will be blocked. Should this lead to misunderstandings, this can be resolved with one of the moderators.
      WHOA! Did this change?! I was a moderator at one point, and I distinctly remember getting guidance on this FROM the (paid) actual staff (in the staff Discord channels). I'm SURE we were told it was alright to have multiple accounts as long as they were not used in the same game. I'm... not sure what to do now. Do I create a brand new account and abandon all others forever? I don't want to use my original account (I created it through the Facebook link and it uses my real name by default), but I'll be giving up a lot of veteran advantages if I let it go.

This is a bombshell for me if it is true, so @PrinceofHonor can you please confirm that I'm only allowed to use one account for all of Conflict of Nations?

It seems pretty clear from what you've posted, but this has not been my understanding for years, and I'm confident I've previously had this discussion with the staff explicitly in the past.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

playbabe wrote:

welcome to battle royal.
      sorry sir this behavior is considered acceptable and unpractical to restricted

we already have hard time with multi accs and wolfpack
      what's multi accs and wolfpack?
      Multi accounting is when a person uses two or more accounts in the same game to get an unfair advantage.Wolfpacking is when several players from the same alliance join a public game and team up like a 'wolfpack' to conquer the map.
      Wolfpacking is not necessarily from the same alliance :)
      Wolfpacking is when people join a map to help their friends with no intention of winning the map for themselves.
      Yes but usually it is members of the same alliance. You are correct though.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

playbabe wrote:

welcome to battle royal.
      sorry sir this behavior is considered acceptable and unpractical to restricted

we already have hard time with multi accs and wolfpack
      what's multi accs and wolfpack?
      Multi accounting is when a person uses two or more accounts in the same game to get an unfair advantage.Wolfpacking is when several players from the same alliance join a public game and team up like a 'wolfpack' to conquer the map.
      Wolfpacking is not necessarily from the same alliance :) Wolfpacking is when people join a map to help their friends with no intention of winning the map for themselves.
      Yes but usually it is members of the same alliance. You are correct though.
      If they are stupid, if they are smart they let people leave first. Alliances are just more easily identifiable :D
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

PrinceofHonor wrote:

I am also seeing these rules where we are skirting the line as well. I do not mind constructive conversation but please do not attempt to share anything that could be considered helpful to attempt to cheat.

1) Basics:

f)Possession of more than one account - even if it is only for use in the forums - is prohibited. Potential secondary accounts will be blocked. Should this lead to misunderstandings, this can be resolved with one of the moderators.
      WHOA! Did this change?! I was a moderator at one point, and I distinctly remember getting guidance on this FROM the (paid) actual staff (in the staff Discord channels). I'm SURE we were told it was alright to have multiple accounts as long as they were not used in the same game. I'm... not sure what to do now. Do I create a brand new account and abandon all others forever? I don't want to use my original account (I created it through the Facebook link and it uses my real name by default), but I'll be giving up a lot of veteran advantages if I let it go.
      This is a bombshell for me if it is true, so @PrinceofHonor can you please confirm that I'm only allowed to use one account for all of Conflict of Nations?

It seems pretty clear from what you've posted, but this has not been my understanding for years, and I'm confident I've previously had this discussion with the staff explicitly in the past.
      Multi accounting is more than one account in the same game, so having many accounts doesn't break this rule. But attempting to tell someone how to possibly get around having more then one account in the same round isn't allowed.
      EN Team Lead
    • @PerigeeNil (or anyone)

If I want to create an use a 2nd account for general screwing around (without affecting my KFGauss account's stats), and I'm a PC Browser player, how do I go about setting up the new account and then switching between the two accounts?

What are the "mechanics" of doing that.

As you know, when I go to the CoN site (conflictnations.com/game.php?bust=1), I don't see any obvious LOGOUT button or menu.
    • KFGauss wrote:

@PerigeeNil (or anyone)

If I want to create an use a 2nd account for general screwing around (without affecting my KFGauss account's stats), and I'm a PC Browser player, how do I go about setting up the new account and then switching between the two accounts?

What are the "mechanics" of doing that.

As you know, when I go to the CoN site (conflictnations.com/game.php?bust=1), I don't see any obvious LOGOUT button or menu.
      Browser should be quite easy. Logout and login with other account or just use a different browser for the second account

Logout is the fourth button (sphere with the arrow)
    • A summary of this post/question might be: I want to use my phone's Chrome browser to switch between CoN accounts (to play in separate games), and I'm failing.

I'm trying to use my screwing-around CoN account in my phone's browser (not the CoN App which I'm leaving set up to use my main account), and when I try to use that new (a few days old) account, the CoN webservers insist on trying to shove this other "new" account (see image) down my throat.

In the browser URL associated with that (wrong) new User12990850 account I can see &userID=34277453.

When I explicitly enter a different URL (containing the &userID of my correct/desired new account), the browser blinks once or twice and continues to display the user12990850 account.

I have tried clearing the browser cache & history. Nothing changed.

So, maybe I'm being blind again, but I don't see any way to banish the user12990850 info and instead see my new account's info.

Does someone know how to get my phone browser to let me choose to see my correct new account's info and use that account to play games?

Screenshot_20220301-220436_Chrome.jpg

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• hy bro, the first thing in this game is to win, some people use his own knowledge and strategy to do that, and other players use others knowledge and power to win. This the politics... If you know how to speak, how to make friends (even if they aren t in your team), or just see the game goes in the wrong directions for you or your team, and you have to accept the lose or try to convert to plan B,trust me you will do this kind of bulshitts. Yes you will lose maybe the trust of your first team when you play with them in other maps, someone will know your name, others will not. I have 95 alliance wins, i was forced by the situations to do this crap of things, bcse my team was inactive or just novices, or i replaced others players from coalition with someone better(that was very few times bcse if i m gonna win i want to let other novices to take theyr first win).it was situations when one allied player drived me crazy or annoyed me, and in the final i puted him outside the team. Its not a simple war game, you have friends, strategys, politics, or just you don t have an word and fck anyone for your win. Learn to be good, learn to be a leader, after that you will control this bulshits, and if you don t like that don t use,but if you want revenge, use it and you will see other player complaning about this on the forum :D. ~Stop war, make friends~