Owning Multiple CoN Accounts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Owning Multiple CoN Accounts

The EN Lead Moderator recently posted an official reference indicating that it is not only a violation of the rules to play multiple accounts in one game, but also to even own multiple CoN accounts (played completely separately). The language in the official reference seems clear, but I am confident that this was not always the stance the staff presented to players. I, personally, remember getting explicit clarification on this in staff channels/communications years ago when I was volunteering as a moderator (and we were told/agreed that owning multiple accounts was not an issue as long as they were not used together). Has the official stance changed since then? I haven't finished looking yet, but I did already find this post from Germanico in 2019 in the forums saying that owning multiple accounts was "not per se an issue" but that using them in the same game was a ban-worthy offense.

• Thanks for the kudos but in order to get active we need at least your ingame name and the gameID you are playing on - as well as who you are suspecting. Hence the request to send us an ingame ticket.

This said: The only "cheating" we have going on is players trying to create multiple accounts (not per se an issue) to log in to the same match (definitely worth a ban).These we ban on a regular basis (ongoing) and we report the figures. Will this ever stop? No. There is no way that we can prevent players from trying to cheat except policing our own game. Which we do.

So rest assured we are on it and your contribution helps us to keep the game "fair".

//G"Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

The post was edited 2 times, last by PerigeeNil ().

• And regardless of whether this rule was always the case or at some point changed,... what do I do now?

Do I have to quit playing CoN?

Am I banned?

Am I still allowed to play but my original account is my only option for playing (it uses my real name because I joined through the Facebook link, and I'd rather not be resrticted to that account)?

Can I choose one new account to use exclusively, but I have to forever abandon my veteran advantages on previous accounts?

I have to seriously consider now if and how I'm going to continue playing.
    • AFAIK Prince is a Moderator for COW and CON; COW explicitly states in its TOS that just having multiple accounts is a violation, whereas con only says that multiple accounts per game are a violation

the funny thing is tho; since all accounts for bytro/dorado games are linked, creating a second account in con violates cow TOS

Screenshot_112.pngScreenshot_113.png
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • omg so there's this guy in one of my games that i think is using multiple accounts.

there are 3 accs, all in the same coalition, all attack the same guys, etc. so i tries messaging each of them separately, and they all wrote back at about the same time. so then i report to the mods "users a, b, c are multi accs cuz blah blah blah"

so then a few days later the game is shut down. everyone was compensated with gold and all 3 sus accs are banned. i know cuz i checked the players list after that and they were gone. don't know how exactly they bypassed the filter, maybe vpns idk?? but lucky i was able to start new game and im doing really good there so yeah!
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • So to clarify here in CoN as long as two accounts aren't in the same game you are good. I think in the post you were referring to I copied and pasted from the rules in the Terms of Service on this forum. Also, that was mainly on the topic that some were trying to give advice on how you could use two accounts in the same game which is a violation of the rules.

I reread what I posted and think I accidentally posted a rule that applies to more then one account on the forums I am sorry for this misunderstanding and have corrected it.
      EN Team Lead