Armored Units: What’s wrong with them?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• anything below 6 homeland cities is a pain in the ass...everything is so slow...you have to conquer like 10 enemie cities to make up for one homeland city. which mean as a city start like bolivia you need 25 cities to have the same production like France with homeland cities....

pretty tough econimics....
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

anything below 6 homeland cities is a pain in the ass...everything is so slow...you have to conquer like 10 enemie cities to make up for one homeland city. which mean as a city start like bolivia you need 25 cities to have the same production like France with homeland cities....

its actually 4
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

what is 4?
      the amount of cities you need to conquer to make up for one homeland; because they produce about 25% of their original value; so 4x0.25 = 1
      In theory yes, but you also need to consider. that you need to get up for AI in a core city, so it would be more like 6-7 cities, because AI increases city productivity to 150% and also the newer cities tend to have some morale and population issues :)
    • yeah but they start at 25% moral when conquered so they have somewhat a production of 200 units...your homeland cites does easily 2000...and you normally upgrade it with industry so 3000-4000 should be the thing to go.
      An investment in indutry in conquere dcities doesnt pay of in sense of ROI and expected end of game.

I am a numbers guy. Cant beat me on that. Keep reading the manual while I drive.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.

The post was edited 2 times, last by kurtvonstein ().

• kurtvonstein wrote:

anything below 6 homeland cities is a pain in the ass...everything is so slow...you have to conquer like 10 enemie cities to make up for one homeland city. which mean as a city start like bolivia you need 25 cities to have the same production like France with homeland cities....

i rarely play as 5-city nations due to slow economy, you end up with MASSIVE supplies/components shortages that really hinder your research/production
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

In reality if Russia tried to roll Tanks into Europe they would be lit up before they hit the border via Warthogs or missiles.
      @Buckeyechamp this is only a few weeks old, and sadly it did not age well.

It turns out in reality, if Russia rolls tanks into Europe, nothing happens at all. It's up to some incredibly brave souls with outdated anti-tank rockets and moltov-cocktails to repel them.

Sadly, the MRLS meta we love in game, is also loved by Putin, with equality devistating effiency in the real world.

Sure does put our little game we all love into perspective.
      Long Live Cuba
    • PresidentCastro wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

In reality if Russia tried to roll Tanks into Europe they would be lit up before they hit the border via Warthogs or missiles.
      @Buckeyechamp this is only a few weeks old, and sadly it did not age well.
      It turns out in reality, if Russia rolls tanks into Europe, nothing happens at all. It's up to some incredibly brave souls with outdated anti-tank rockets and moltov-cocktails to repel them.

Sadly, the MRLS meta we love in game, is also loved by Putin, with equality devistating effiency in the real world.

Sure does put our little game we all love into perspective.
      If this were a political forum instead of a game forum, I would have some comments (I'm pretty sure MOST of us would), but this isn't a political forum, so I'll act elsewhere.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Too slow and can beat by Strike Fighters very easily def after day 20 with Cruise missiles. People who use Tanks stack em up and roll through a country for days. Can pick them apart and if didnt have avail air cover would just side step them. My first win I did that and could tell guy was on a 2 day journey through my occuppied territory with a huge stack. Just sidestepped him with 1 NG unit and followed him regaining territory till he came into air range. In generall Armor players are lazy imho.

Only been 1 major Tank military engagement in past 75 years IRL and that was 30 years ago (Gulf war 1). Tanks were cool till Armor piercing Rounds; they could just run (well jog) over people and cities.

Tanks / TDs - No Air Cover : Tanks do damage to Inf but aint standng in front of it. TD little inf damage / Decent against other Armor (Cheap and will build if in Mideast map)

RCV - Such a joke (a lvl 3 inf can beat it...lol) and if you have to get that close to tell exactly what units are you have bigger issues. If watch the News can tell what they are attacking with and based on first strike damage given / taken I can 90 pct guess the makeup of the unit.

AFV - Probably best unit as even inf/ armor damage and has air defense.

Amph FV - about useless given amount of ports and most occupied ports empty. Must pair with marines to conquer and between 2 units high research / building costs.
      THIS
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija