So what are hit and runs?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So what are hit and runs?

Two questions. One, what are hit and runs. And 2. How come my nukes are just not working? I have nuclear ballistics which don’t work at all, but my more expensive icbms also don’t. My cruise missiles do however, and I’m having to launch those, and they are doing nothing. I am using chemicals and they are fine, but I see no need to just kill civilians.
    • I'm not sure how to answer either of these without more information.

Where did you see the term "hit and runs"? I'm not familiar with it as a specific reference in the game.

What is happening when you fire nukes? Like what message are you getting? Are you seeing the graphic (flying missile) on your screen? Are you sure you're hitting enemy units and not just hitting empty locations?
    • In ranged combat in CON you can target a far-enough player with a ship or artillery piece and attack them then quickly run off to avoid getting hit yourself.

This usually only works if the enemy player is inactive, dumb, and/or has inferior ranged weaponry (distance to fire) compared to yours.

I.e "Cruiser A has 100 range. Frigate B has 100 range. FB is just sitting on a coastal city without an active commander, CA hits and runs FB. CA avoided counter-attack."
    • had2getfrance wrote:

hit and runs I saw on a forum, and my nukes were at Madrid and Paris and no buildings were damaged. I waited after it, and used a uav. They are not working
      Check the newspaper. Are you sure the nuke landed, or was it destroyed?
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • GrandInquisitor wrote:

In ranged combat in CON you can target a far-enough player with a ship or artillery piece and attack them then quickly run off to avoid getting hit yourself.

This usually only works if the enemy player is inactive, dumb, and/or has inferior ranged weaponry (distance to fire) compared to yours.

I.e "Cruiser A has 100 range. Frigate B has 100 range. FB is just sitting on a coastal city without an active commander, CA hits and runs FB. CA avoided counter-attack."
      If both units have the same range wouldn't they both activate at the same time? Or more specifically wouldn't the defender's counter attack activate automatically?
    • Tom_Cruise wrote:

GrandInquisitor wrote:

In ranged combat in CON you can target a far-enough player with a ship or artillery piece and attack them then quickly run off to avoid getting hit yourself.

If both units have the same range wouldn't they both activate at the same time? Or more specifically wouldn't the defender's counter attack activate automatically?
      If the defending vessel is owned by an active player, and that active player doesn't have Fire Control set, then no.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup: